“Very nice Service Apartment” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ascott Raffles Place Singapore to your Saves list
Agoda.com Orbitz.com
Ascott Raffles Place Singapore
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Finlayson Green, Singapore 049247, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Ranked #45 of 290 hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Very nice Service Apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Ascott Raffles for a week. We had a massive room and it was always kept clean and tidy. The room has everything you need, fully kitchen equipment like oven, microwave, dishwasher, dryer and washer and surrounding sound system by Bose. Excellent location which is 5 mins away MRT. It was rather quiet on weekend as it is surrounded by office building, great for people who just love quiet.. Just fit us very well. They have a nice pool but not really a good spot for tanning. Other places you can explore at night, 7 mins walk will bring you to fullerton one which has the most amazing view of Marina Bay Sand.Their service was excellent, everything just feel so good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ASRP, Residence Manager at Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to have you stay with us. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities.

During your next stay, we’d like to recommend tanning at our rooftop garden. It is a very peaceful area with a great view of the city.

We hope to welcome you again.

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A spacious room, a comfortable bed, a fabulous bathroom plus peace and quiet is pretty much what you're looking for in a hotel. Add in a fully equipped kitchen and laundry and you have a great medium stay apart'hotel.

The whole hotel is really well maintained, clean and stylish and is in a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ASRP, Residence Manager at Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Our aim in all of our properties is to make our residents feel like they are in their home away from home. I am very pleased to hear that Ascott Raffles Place Singapore became your home away from home during your last stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Whenever I'm traveling and stays in a hotel, I'm always opt to those with home away from home as in full service amenities, comfort and convenience as it was my own home. But Ascott Raffles Place is literally better than my home and it is my dream home.

Located in the busy CBD area, which means most of the buildings are offices surrounding the hotel but 5 minutes walking I'm already in Lau Pa Sat (big food halls), one mrt away and I'm in City halls with huge malls around and many many other things in the neighborhood. In Singapore transportation is never an issue and especially where staying in the middle of it.

The entrance is located near Exit I from the Raffles Place MRT Station. From the exit go left and the hotel is on the right with the entrance right at the hook. Stairways at the entrance but you may use the lift for the disabled and come your way up. The check-in process was a breeze, like a mere 2 minutes and everything has been taken care. A very fragrant hotel, from the lobby alone we are greeted with a refreshing floral citrus scent. We= me, hubby and a kid.

Going up in the elevator needs the card to be tap for security reason. On the top level there are 2 jacuzzi, unfortunately both of them under maintenance during our stay. The 19th floor have that famous infinity swimming pool made with glass all around and we were like swimming in an aquarium, kids loves this. Me too, I can swim while looking at the building surrounding the area from the water, unique and wonderful. But the water is too cold for us, I wish it could come in a more warmer temperature.

Now the room, oh where should I start?! Spacious, very spacious indeed. We stayed in a Studio room which already gives us so much. Two twin beds, a sofa, working area, huge bathroom separated from the loo. All glass and if you happen to be in the loo and your hubby opens all the shades, including the one at the bathroom, the neighbor from the opposite building might even see you -__-.

I love the all in one (incl drier) washing machine, dishwasher, all the pantries, pots, toaster, microwave oven, coffee machines, iron, toiletries (L'Occitane), walls in the loo decorated with roses, and it was really wonderful. None of us wants to go back home.

The beds are quite tough thou', but the pillows have two option, one is soft and the other is bouncy. The blankets are fluffy but we wish for a better option of the tv channel, none of them are for kids. Disney Junior, Nickelodeon or perhaps just Disney channel in general haha! Still, we love our 3 days 2 nights there. The room is always spotless, the free wifi is fast and furious, the wooden floor is perfect for less allergy than carpets.

Hmm, I'm trying to scrape the negatives from our stay and all I could think of is the sink in the bathroom is a bit clogged, it doesn't goes as fast as the one at the kitchen but still okay. I can't complain about anything. I love the fact that I can still do my laundry without any fuss (I can go home without piles of dirty laundry) and helps me carries less baggage and more shopping (hooray), I can cook, reheat food and really like home. Perfect for family and maybe just about anyone.

Checking out also so fast and nearby there's a taxi stand, to the airport for less than 20$ (+/- 15 minutes) is a great way to end our short visit.

If this is your first time visiting Singapore I think Orchard area would be better, but if you've been here a few times or for business, or with kids. This place is perfect for being an apartment itself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback. The team and I are very happy to know that you felt at home staying with us.

I apologise that the jacuzzis were out of order during your visit. I am pleased to say advise though that both have been rectified since. I hope you can enjoy them next time.

We do provide mattress toppers for guests who prefer a softer mattress. Please remember to request for this when you next stay and I hope it will be even more pleasant than your last experience.
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I must say a very good hotel.

The rooms are spacious. worth it if you staying a bit longer in the hotel.

Well maintained. good staff.

worth the money.

very well connected by MRT, couldnt be closer to the station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

The team and I are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Eschen, Liechtenstein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this place for one week and can definitively recommend the hotel. Early check-in worked perfect, the staff was friendly and very efficient. My room was huge! and absolute perfectly equipped, inclusive a fridge. The bath was wonderful, the room very quiet at night. What do I need more?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ASRP, Residence Manager at Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the additional space and comfort that we offer as a serviced residence.

We hope to welcome you again on your next visit Singapore.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed 12-13Oct.

Pros:

Room is spacious. Amenities are great and sufficient for party of three.
Nice scenery at jacuzzi/swimming area.
Requests over the phone, housekeeper delivered within minutes :)

Cons:

Staff (two big men) at door entrance not helpful at all.
Didn't offer help whether we nd assistance with our bags.
Not even welcome greetings!

Breakfast eggs *extremely disappointing*
Staff said we served all kind of eggs style.
We ordered poached, over-easy and omelette.

Overheard staff asked chef what's over-easy?

Turnout, only omelette is acceptable.
Over-easy turned out to be sunny-side up and With lots of oil.
Poached bcm semi-hard boiled. No runny yolk!

Perhaps chef should google images of over-easy and poached eggs b4 cooking.

Only the guy staff did ask why e over-easy remain un-touched.
Feedback given but no service recovery was done!
Not even offer another new set of over-easy or poached eggs.

Usually breakfast joints, 1st thing coffee tea will be asked n offered by staff.
Maybe as we enjoy our breakfast, someone will notice and offer.
But Unforunately, we hae to request at the end of our course.

Oh well, Breakfast staff good and excellent service towards ONLY to their regular long-stay guests!
By remembering their eating habits and check on them regularly.

We, ladies are just invisible to them.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ASRP, Residence Manager at Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in the apartment and also the facilities at Ascott Raffles Place Singapore.

Meanwhile, your feedback about your breakfast experience has been shared with the management of The Royal Mail restaurant. They have taken it seriously as this is definitely an exception and not representative of their usual high level of service.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a great hotel for longer business trips - it used to be serviced apartments so the rooms are large and with a full kitchen (if you want to use it). As ever with Singapore, great hawker food is just around the corner and the rooftop pool is lovely.

The only minor drawback is that there is no business centre but there's a copy/print shop about 2 minutes away so that wasn't too much of a drama.

It's right in the financial district so very quiet at night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ASRP, Residence Manager at Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Many business travellers appreciate our spacious apartments that come with cooking facilities. It definitely makes a difference when travelling.

I would like to share that we did recently set up a computer in the lobby for the convenience of our residents. For any other printing or business needs that you may have during your next stay, please approach the Resident Services team. They would be more than happy to assist.

Been to Ascott Raffles Place Singapore? Share your experiences!