“Love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Singapore
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Have frequented the T3 outlet many times but never got tired it. Love the salad bar. My friends and I meet up there often because we sit there for hours chatting away, and the staff never had a problem with that. They happily top up our glasses with drinking water once they see we have run out. If you need a place for a get together with friends / family, this is THE place.

Visited December 2011

Singapore, Singapore
“Nice ambience. Decent food n ice-creams!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

Used to be mainly ice-cream n western but thru'out the years they have also added some local fares (but at restaurant prices obviously) to give some balance. Which seems to work as restaurant is always crowded. Service is fine. Mainly to go there for their wide choice of ice-creams n western meals (fish n chips, lamb chops, spaghetti). Not too bad for that occassional food outing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Avoid at all cost, unless you like salad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I went to Earle Swensen's at Changi Airport Terminal 3 as my dad was flying off and I wanted to give a special treat to my father and husband. Earle Swensen is the upscale version of Swensen's (which actually has good food) and for the prices charged in the menu (> SGD $25 per person average), one would expect an unforgettable meal.

It was unforgettable, but for all the wrong reasons.

Let's talk about the plus points first. The restaurant's ambiance was lovely, the staff offered us a choice between a regular or sofa seats. The seats we were offered overlooked the airport viewing gallery, so you could do some plane-watching while enjoying your food. My husband ordered the rack of lamb which came with the free salad. The quality of the salad was excellent, which made me wish that we all ordered the salad instead of the culinary horror that was about to be unleashed upon us all.

Service: Between acceptable and below average, depending on who is serving you. Plus point is that the waitresses topped up our drinks frequently, some staff greeted us, some were polite and they paid attention to our requests for warm/lukewarm/ice water. The waiter served the lobster baked rice to the wrong person, and did not correct this even after my husband informed him politely. He completely ignored us and we had to move the hot bowl ourselves, which he saw us doing but did not do or say anything. APPALLING.

Food: We ordered lobster baked rice ($34), a burger and steak of lamb (both around $25). The lobster baked rice that I ordered was the most memorable. It really should have been called 'bland bacon bits baked rice'. It is inconceivable why any cook would sprinkle what looked like half a bottle of artificial bacon bits all over the dish - highly likely that this was done to mask the tasteless and dry rice below the overcooked lobster. They must have ran out of Alfredo sauce too, because there was barely any sauce in the rice. Couldn't finish it.

My father could not finish his burger. The beef patty was about half the size of the bun and he said that it tasted as good as a quarter-pounder from Macdonalds. He barely ate anything, even the fries. My husband's steak of lamb was described by him as 'forgettable'. This is not the standard of food that one would expect from the Swensen's brand, what more a restaurant that is marketed as an upscale joint.

The bill came up to SGD$115 approx which is daylight robbery. If you like Swensen's, please go to their regular outlet in Terminal 2 arrival hall, just 10 minutes away by SkyTrain. It is much cheaper, open 24 hours and the food there is better.

Avoid at all cost!

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Argenteuil, France
“Ehh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

I ordered something that NO restaurant can screw up: a basic fried chicken breast with fries. I was not overly excited with what I got. To give credit though, it was take-away; but I ate it within 10 minutes of picking it up. The crustiness was less then appealling; not the typical breading that one is used to--more of a tempura breading here. Fries: soggy. But the salad bar was nicely done and the banana wraps and vanilla ice cream for dessert (packaged in dry ice!!) made the meal worth it. I will go again for the desserts but not much else.

Waxhaw, North Carolina
“The service was horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I choose this restaurant because I was craving ice cream. It was busy with lots of families with children. I was seated quickly. The atmosphere is noisy and chaotic. I was dining alone and they put in a corner table where I think the staff promptly forgot me. It took about 10 minutes for someone to wait on me. I almost got up and left because I got the feeling the service was going to get worse from there. I regret not leaving at that point.

They eventually took my order and my food came relatively quickly. The salad bar was pretty good with a good selection. My entree was mediocre but I didn't pick this place for the food as much as I did for the ice cream. Once I finished dinner, no one came to clear my table or check on me. Because of where I was seated, the wait staff didn't pass by my table. I waited about 10 minutes after finishing and had to wave down a staff member to ask if I could get the dessert menu. They said yes and cleared the plates. I never got the dessert menu. After another 10 minutes I was finally able to flag down someone else. By this time, I was tired, frustrated and my chaos and noise level was finally wearing me down. At that point, I gave up on dessert and just ask for the check because I figured I may only get one shot at getting anyone to help me. Keeping in mind, ice cream was the reason I choose this place to begin with, I left disappointed. I was ready to give the waitress my credit card when she returned with the check but she slipped away again as I was checking the bill. Another long wait and finally, I paid and left.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere