“Simple but comfortable with good location to airport & interchange” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cameron Hotel

You added Cameron Hotel to your Saves list
Cameron Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   393F Upper Changi Road, Singapore 486917, Singapore   |
Ranked #285 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Simple but comfortable with good location to airport & interchange”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Cameron Hotel is located near the interchange and the Airport Terminal We stayed for 2 nights as there is no other lodging/hotel near Simei Town or Changi Airport which is convenient for us to get to our destination . Its a budget hotel inclusive of simple daily breakfast. The room is simple but comfortable , To us its more like a home stay. as its a 2=storey bungalow house. Lobby is cosy with all stoneware decorative. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is free wifi provided through the whole premise which is a added value to our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Never go here! Its a hotel where hookers takes their clients which means that its VERY noisy! The rooms a filthy with hair and condoms on the floor.. Close to the airport thought, but don't stay here, not even for 1 night...

• Stayed March 2013
Cairns, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

First stayed here in 2007 with a mate. We were on a stopver on our way to Cambodia and it was close to the airport & pretty cheap for Singapore. It is an easy walk to Simei station, so it is easy to get into the city for a while. The rooms we had then were basic but OK. However when arriving back this time with someone else, I got put into one of the rooms we had previously. It was simply disgusting. The filthiest room and bathroom (absolutely gross) I've had on my travels throughout Asia over the years. They were full so couldn't move. For the price they charged ($55), I cannot believe they could seriously consider renting this room out in that state. Got to see one other (my friend was staying in) and it was only marginally better, though the bathroom was much cleaner than mine. Everything was dirty & a kind of slimy feel. Will definitely NOT be going back. A shame, because it is in a nice area, looks nice from the outside & it could be good if it was cleaned up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
hong kong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Arrived December 12 and went to bed around 10:00 and woke up feelng itchy.Went to check in the mirror and had 5 bed bug bites.I showed the front desk man and he said move to another room quick as we will rent this one immediately.They put me in another room that was smalller than a closet.I looked at the bed closely and noticed more bed bugs.I decided to check out immediately although I paid for one week in advance.There is a constant coming and going of short visit to this hotel for prostitution.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Blenheim, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Cameron Hotel, Upper Changi Road, Singapore.
A budget hotel very close to Changi airport. That is all the good news.
My wife and I stayed here some years ago, and returned as we had been quite happy then. This time, we were given the same room (#32) which was in a disgusting state. Paint was peeling off the walls and the door frames were largely rotted away. The bedside cabinet was missing a bottom to its drawer, and was thick with dust. There was only one sheet on the bed which sported multiple cigarette burns, the bathroom door was split in half, and there was a hole in the floor beside the sink outlet which would have allowed a small cat to emerge from the sewers (luckily the only thing that emerged – as far as we knew – was an enormous cockroach). The “shower fitting” was a plastic rose on a dangling hose with no way of fixing it to the wall. We asked for another sheet to cover ourselves with, and were given a piece of material less than the size of a single.
Breakfast was toast your own bread with butter, a boiled egg, and a piece of cake. Coffee was the ubiquitous three-in-one sachet mix, very good for diabetics.
The Cameron does not accept credit cards, so make sure that enough hard cash is available when booking in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is an awful hotel, I am staying in this hotel due to I’m arriving in the budget terminal therefore I don’t have any access to changi transit hotel. I booked in for 65SGD for a block of 6 hours, comparing to 90SGD for changi transit hotel, I rather pay the extra of 25SGD if I have access to terminal 2 building.

* The cigarette smell of the room is unbearable even for a smoker like me.

* The room does include with an ensuite, but the toilet and shower is just plain dirty and seriously unusable for a decent shower.

* Due to the hotel allowing to charge by the hour, thus this attracted numerous patron who brings in prostitute. You can pretty much see them come and go during the night and you can easily distinguish them between prostitute and normal couple.

* Seriously in need of renovation, the room is just so run down and old that it doesn’t worth even the amount you paid to stay in there for 6 hours. The bed and linen is so old and dirty that I can’t even stay in there. I couldn’t help but think how many bacteria infected the bed considering countless prostitute use the bed for their dirty job.

I couldn’t get a good night sleep after a long transit especially with the cigarette smell; the smell is so thick that you will get a cancer if you stay for several hours more. The reason for the awful cigarette smell is because of those patrons who bring in prostitute for a quick 1 hour hit then after doing their thing; almost all of them will have a light in the room.

Pretty much to conclude, avoid if you want a room for a decent sleep but if you decided to bring in some mainland or filipino prostitute from geylang for a quick 1 hour, then this might be an appropriate option.

Room Tip: If you need transit hotel in Singapore, I strongly recommend the transit hotel located in the Changi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

When I arrived in Singapore, my luggage was lost. I wanted somewhere close to Changi Airport. Cameron seems to be the cheapest nearby. I paid S$75 for one night.

Some Simei MRT, it is about 10 minutes walking distance by following the MRT track then turn right. It takes awhile to get used to finding the place.

The room I had is on the second floor. It has no TV. No electrical adapter for my US laptop. Shower was a hose in bathroom which has no mirror. No soap. No shampoo. No wifi. The floor was dirty. Breakfast was OK was eggs, toasts and hot water for packaged coffee and tea.

The hotel has a price chart for stays by the hour. I noticed some couples drove in, parked, and left.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Cameron Hotel? Share your experiences!