“Very poor option - Deterioated massively in recent years” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cameron Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Singapore
Cameron Hotel
You added Cameron Hotel to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   393F Upper Changi Road, Singapore 486917, Singapore   |
Ranked #285 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Cairns, Australia
“Very poor option - Deterioated massively in recent years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

First stayed here in 2007 with a mate. We were on a stopver on our way to Cambodia and it was close to the airport & pretty cheap for Singapore. It is an easy walk to Simei station, so it is easy to get into the city for a while. The rooms we had then were basic but OK. However when arriving back this time with someone else, I got put into one of the rooms we had previously. It was simply disgusting. The filthiest room and bathroom (absolutely gross) I've had on my travels throughout Asia over the years. They were full so couldn't move. For the price they charged ($55), I cannot believe they could seriously consider renting this room out in that state. Got to see one other (my friend was staying in) and it was only marginally better, though the bathroom was much cleaner than mine. Everything was dirty & a kind of slimy feel. Will definitely NOT be going back. A shame, because it is in a nice area, looks nice from the outside & it could be good if it was cleaned up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
hong kong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Arrived December 12 and went to bed around 10:00 and woke up feelng itchy.Went to check in the mirror and had 5 bed bug bites.I showed the front desk man and he said move to another room quick as we will rent this one immediately.They put me in another room that was smalller than a closet.I looked at the bed closely and noticed more bed bugs.I decided to check out immediately although I paid for one week in advance.There is a constant coming and going of short visit to this hotel for prostitution.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Blenheim, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Cameron Hotel, Upper Changi Road, Singapore.
A budget hotel very close to Changi airport. That is all the good news.
My wife and I stayed here some years ago, and returned as we had been quite happy then. This time, we were given the same room (#32) which was in a disgusting state. Paint was peeling off the walls and the door frames were largely rotted away. The bedside cabinet was missing a bottom to its drawer, and was thick with dust. There was only one sheet on the bed which sported multiple cigarette burns, the bathroom door was split in half, and there was a hole in the floor beside the sink outlet which would have allowed a small cat to emerge from the sewers (luckily the only thing that emerged – as far as we knew – was an enormous cockroach). The “shower fitting” was a plastic rose on a dangling hose with no way of fixing it to the wall. We asked for another sheet to cover ourselves with, and were given a piece of material less than the size of a single.
Breakfast was toast your own bread with butter, a boiled egg, and a piece of cake. Coffee was the ubiquitous three-in-one sachet mix, very good for diabetics.
The Cameron does not accept credit cards, so make sure that enough hard cash is available when booking in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is an awful hotel, I am staying in this hotel due to I’m arriving in the budget terminal therefore I don’t have any access to changi transit hotel. I booked in for 65SGD for a block of 6 hours, comparing to 90SGD for changi transit hotel, I rather pay the extra of 25SGD if I have access to terminal 2 building.

* The cigarette smell of the room is unbearable even for a smoker like me.

* The room does include with an ensuite, but the toilet and shower is just plain dirty and seriously unusable for a decent shower.

* Due to the hotel allowing to charge by the hour, thus this attracted numerous patron who brings in prostitute. You can pretty much see them come and go during the night and you can easily distinguish them between prostitute and normal couple.

* Seriously in need of renovation, the room is just so run down and old that it doesn’t worth even the amount you paid to stay in there for 6 hours. The bed and linen is so old and dirty that I can’t even stay in there. I couldn’t help but think how many bacteria infected the bed considering countless prostitute use the bed for their dirty job.

I couldn’t get a good night sleep after a long transit especially with the cigarette smell; the smell is so thick that you will get a cancer if you stay for several hours more. The reason for the awful cigarette smell is because of those patrons who bring in prostitute for a quick 1 hour hit then after doing their thing; almost all of them will have a light in the room.

Pretty much to conclude, avoid if you want a room for a decent sleep but if you decided to bring in some mainland or filipino prostitute from geylang for a quick 1 hour, then this might be an appropriate option.

Room Tip: If you need transit hotel in Singapore, I strongly recommend the transit hotel located in the Changi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

When I arrived in Singapore, my luggage was lost. I wanted somewhere close to Changi Airport. Cameron seems to be the cheapest nearby. I paid S$75 for one night.

Some Simei MRT, it is about 10 minutes walking distance by following the MRT track then turn right. It takes awhile to get used to finding the place.

The room I had is on the second floor. It has no TV. No electrical adapter for my US laptop. Shower was a hose in bathroom which has no mirror. No soap. No shampoo. No wifi. The floor was dirty. Breakfast was OK was eggs, toasts and hot water for packaged coffee and tea.

The hotel has a price chart for stays by the hour. I noticed some couples drove in, parked, and left.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Ipswich, Suffolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Ok, so this place is not luxury. It's a basic, budget no frills place. It's in a residential neighbourhood, close to Simei and Expo MRT stations (though I'd say closer to Expo). The rooms are basic, ours had air con, double bed, a wardrobe, table, and a couple of chairs. Private bathroom with toilet and shower.
The hotel is in desperate need of renovation, but it's not dirty. The towels and the sheets on the bed were clean and not threadbare. The room was very spacious. We had room no. 50 and if you looked out the window you could watch the planes come in to land at the airport - really close!
The owner of the hotel is a lovely man, very willing to help. Excellent service. Breakfast is also provided, there was a choice of hard boiled eggs, toast, coffee and tea, and cake. All fresh, buffet style.
We paid $60 for our double room, and for the same money in other countries you'd get a lot more, but I got a good night's sleep. I'd say that this is a place aimed more at "travellers" and those that are used to staying in hostels and budget places. I wouldn't recommend if you're used to luxuries.
But if all you're looking for is a bed and a shower, go for it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
alice springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have been staying at the Cameron Hotel on a regular basis for the past 4 years now. It's a good price, especially around the Singapore F1 weekend, only S$60-S$70 dollars a night. This year 5 of us stayed here. It's close to the airport and after a short walk to Simei MRT only 25 minutes to City Hall MRT. It's an old hotel but has a character all of its own. They are gradually renovating room by room but if you happen to get a room that is still due for renovation . . . remember it's not the Ritz. Rooms are big, airy, aircond, big bed and you may be lucky and get a hot shower! Staff are great and you even get breakfast, which consists of toast, tea/coffee, boiled eggs and green cake.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends