“Definitely not the best hotel!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Windsor
401, MacPherson Road, Singapore 368125, Singapore (Geylang)   |
Ranked #263 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam
“Definitely not the best hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I spent three nights there with my cousins and I must say I wasn't completely satisfied with their service. Food was ok. They offer buffet meals but there was a small variety of food. The temperature was freezing. The room and facilities were so so. The TV didn't work properly. In addition, there was a note saying that free Internet is offered to all guests and guests can use TV and wireless keyboard and mouse to access the Internet. However, it didn't work and when we asked, the receptionist said there was no such service (yet the note is issued in every room!).

Also, the receptionists proved to be not helpful and friendly at any other time we had to ask them something. In the lobby, there were a lot of flyers about tours in Singapore and even a sign saying that customers can book and ask for tours here. Nevertheless, when we asked one of the receptionists about them, she immediately said they do not offer anything and that's it. She didn't even bother telling me anything like where I could find more information or who I could ask. What's more, all the receptionists I met never smiled. In fact, they often frowned and expressed that they were super annoyed whenever they could not understand the customers.

Moreover, there was a club on the third floor. I stayed at the seventh floor yet the noise was still loud and the room shook like hell all night.

P.S. On the last day, one housekeeper knocked on our door and before I could answer, she entered the room and was surprised that there were still guests inside. Super creepy!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We use to travel Singapore for Business purposes and we stayed here . I used to have late check-ins here. The staff is good. but the internet i guess is chargable. NEarby 7 eleven walkable distance office . Cab facilities on road and some places where u can walk and spend time this is a nice location . Even i found a Dosa shop nearby. AC i will say its too cold and bathrooms are good. We stayed during the Issue of Volcanic explosion and that is the only time we dint get rooms. Buffet Dinner was attractive but found costly so dint try. For all Indians who go there we know Mustafa Right :)

Room Tip: Non smoking room better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Windosr situated on Macpherson rd which is not too faar from little india....you can direct bus from bus stop which is just 5 minutes walk from hotel to little india...u hv to walk a bit...u can take 64,65,66 and get down at cultural hotel bus stop and walk towerd kitchener road...so location is ok but their lift's r smelly....its realy hard to breath when u r in lift ....i informed them about this but they dint took any action....room ac was nt working when i complained they said electrion is not in yet so u hv to wait for him...rude staff

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

OUR STAY IN THAT HOTEL IS SATISFYING.. The hotel has TV internet and room windows.. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to go to Universal Studio.. We stayed at the six floor. They have disco in the 3 floor. They have plenty of visitors when we check in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Though room rates are decently cheap, but the hotel is just far too much for being decent.
I was rushing to a meeting right after check in, did not properly check the room. After meeting when I get back to the room in the evening I found rooms are untidy and even towel are still wet. Requested the housekeeping to replace with towel and it was delayed.

Rooms are too noisy for a sleep, due to the disco located in third floor. Buffet breakfast has limited choice.

Room Tip: Choosing higher floor is a must, the noise insulation are poor and you could clearly identify the tu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ok place for the amount paid.. Very boring buffet.. stayed for 4 days and they served the same all the days. Nice and clean room.... Will visit again..
Close to bus and MRT or else a 10 dollar ride to marina bay..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked my trip to SIngapore with an agent so I dont have much choice of hotel. Thats why I end up in WIndsor. THe first day, I felt that this could be good hotel though it really uncomfortable for anyone who want to travel by themself. It took around 20 mins walk to the nearest MRT and 30 mins by taxi to Orchard ( or maybe more- it depend). THis hotel has almost everything, room with windows, bathroom with basic stuff and free internet using with big TV. (HOWEVER it has sound problem, cant hear anything...) THe television with basic channels. Back to the hotel, the next fews day are nightmare.... they have THai royal disco here on the 3 floor.. Yah i know it could be good for someone.. However, for me I stayed in level 4 and here all the music throughout the nite... and also the noise which increase everyday..Last nite, I even sing along with the Gang nam style as I cant sleep and have no choice but sing to it... ANd now guess what they are playing Baby GIrl!!! Yah its not funny as I travel with 8 month child.. and what can I do with the noise and the shaking ....

And I forgot about the food, not much choice if you are foreigner and the food is not meet up to their standard... go along with the service

Somehow I think this looks more like the budget hotel rather than the 3 star hotel:) The receptionist area was all messy with lots of paper behind the desk, I even saw the security ate during watching the CCTV at the front door and next morning I saw here in the restaurant helping to clear the dirty disk. THe houskeeping was come to my room everyday at around 7:30 am and she came in with her key without knocking the door..which so scary....

PS: Funny story...! My husband and I were sitting in the lobby and saw lots of girls coming up... So he decided to go the reception and ask about that.. THe receptionist told him.. We have disco here at the level 3 and lots of girls there.. VIetnamese lah. Thailand lah... so beautiful lah... Haiz they did not recognize that I was siiing next to my husband when he said all the introduce the disco here .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Windsor? Share your experiences!