“Nice hotel near beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
New Delhi, India
“Nice hotel near beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Rooms are big & comfortable. Bathrooms were neat. Hotel staff is polite & u'll find variety of food in breakfast. They close there restaurants early. Overall good hotel near the beach. Free shuttle to nearby attractions is available from the hotel. Nice but small pool. Great view from the pool towards beach.

Room Tip: Take a room with pool view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Amara_Mgmt, Amara Sanctuary at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Maneesh13

Thank you very much for taking the time to compliment us! We sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness and are grateful for your support.

Invaluable feedback such as this will only propel us to greater commitment in ensuring our service excellence is prevalently inculcated and the product satisfaction exceeded our valued guest's expectation.

Please come back soon; we’d love to see you again!

Yours sincerely
Amara Sanctuary Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had a traumatic experience during our visit to this resort on 1st day of Hari Raya. Had planned for a relaxation time out in this resort but turn out to be the worst dreaded experience ever in our history of visiting a resort/hotel. Together with another couple and our two babies.

Planned for a time out to use the hotel's facilities and spend our night dining there, to our shock horror, both our cars were clamped and it's unruly group of security personnel namely led by David demanded that we pay $500 to have our cars unclamp!

They claimed that we had parked in their "private carpark" and the lots are on a first come first serve basis reserved exclusively for their in house guest. However we did a check with the front desk personnel, they repeatedly mentioned that every dining guests are entitled to the complimentary parking privileges.

Things then escalated to their Manager on duty namely Ms Stella who suggested that they would waived off one vehicle as goodwill to resolve this issue. What legitimate grounds were there that they had clamped their valid guests vehicle saying that they were following the policy of the hotel? Furthermore to our amazement of their suggestion to waive off one of the two cars since we had truly indeed breach your hotel's policy.

What got us even more upset was that upon request to verify the hotel's policy, the Manager claimed that the so called policy is under their "in-house" guildlines and therefore private n confidential.

All in all we ended up footing the bill of 4drinks at their club and dinner for 4 with a hefty parking fee of $250!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amara_Mgmt, Amara Sanctuary Team at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Umedale85

We are extremely concerned and an intensive investigation has been conducted, without PREJUDICE, to exercise and review the factual findings with integrity in this incident.

The resort values all guests and patrons and extends to them complimentary carpark privilege during the entire length of the stay/dining at the resort. The intended parking duration must also be in accordance to the hours of patronage (stay or dining duration) at the resort with an objective to be fair to other guests as well as to encourage vehicular turnover, thereby allowing other guests an equal opportunity to utilize the parking lots. Patrons without prior f&b reservations should proceed directly to the f&b outlets after parking their vehicles for their dining.

Our standard policy towards informing our patrons is to put up website notice and carpark signage to pre-empt the consequences involved which in this instance, in parking your vehicle. As per our notice and signage, all intended parking duration must be in accordance to the hours of patronage and all unauthorized vehicles would be wheel clamped with a release fee of $250.

It was indeed regrettable that your parking duration had far exceeded beyond reasonable time frame, which the Resort was not able to justify. We strongly discourage anyone to intentionally utilize the limited carpark lots while depriving guests who are genuinely in need of the parking spaces. Concerns and efforts by our Security associates to kindly inform you of the consequences of parking your vehicle were met with your aggressive opposition and verbal abuse. The Resort will not condone any violation of the policy or any form of abuse to our associates. We believe in fair, equal and respectful treatment to all individuals.

On an amicable gesture, a waiver of one of the wheelclamp charges was lifted - only to learn of your intentional damage to one of the wheel clamp, which the Police authority had classified under Act of Mischief. This was a clear violation of our policy and a blatant disregard for the resort's private property. The resort has since handled this case to the Police authority for their review and action.

All actions taken were exponentially performed in accordance to our Standard Operating Procedures. Your graciousness to accept and respect the resort's policy is much appreciated.

Respectfully yours,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Wanted to dine at Amara Sanctuary but car was wheel clamped because we didn't make reservation at the restaurant!

Hotel staff claimed that we were lying to them. We arrived in the afternoon and unfortunately the Bar in the hotel was closed (opens at 3pm), since we didn't have other options, we all decided to walk around the area while waiting for the bar to re-open and when we came back, to our surprise both our cars were clamped.

There were plenty of empty lots but they still chose to clamp our cars claiming its on a first come first serve basis!! We explained the situation and told them that we were sincerely deciding to dine at the bar/restaurant in this hotel. Which we still went ahead at the THAI restaurant and had drinks at the Bar ( both inside the Hotel) and we proved them with receipts . However the head of security, David insisted we pay for the penalty for parking at their in house guest car park.

Firstly, there was a security staff standing outside upon our arrival and saw us parked our cars but didn;t caution or warn us of anything. Secondly the restaurant had infomed us on the phone that reservations were not required... and the management of the Hotel also acknoweledge that the signage at the car park was very misleading & "grey" but they didn;t want to budge and still "Hadap" for our money

After 5 hours of talking...He only unclamped ONE car. What a super bad experience on Raya for us with our toddlers! My husband and I held our wedding there 3 years ago and yet they didn't give a DAMN !!! I'm very dissapointed and will never ever recommend any couple of family with babies to dine there as these people are heartless and mean to do that to their customers.

BAD SERVICE AND HOTEL THAT CHEATS !

Btw, David is a supervisior.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amara_Mgmt, Amara Sanctuary Team at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear rainbowgotu

The resort values all guests and patrons and extends to them complimentary carpark privilege during the entire length of the stay/dining at the resort. The resort has limited car parking lots and it is due to this reason that all complimentary parking lots extended to the guests and patrons are on a first-come first-served basis. The intended parking duration must also be in accordance to the hours of patronage (stay or dining duration) at the resort. This is to be fair to other guests as well as to encourage vehicular turnover, thereby allowing other guests an equal opportunity to utilize the parking lots.

Our standard policy towards informing our patrons is to put up notice or signage to pre-empt the consequences involved which in this instance, in parking your vehicle. As per our carpark signage, the resort does not allow unauthorized vehicles (of non-patrons) the usage of our car park spaces. All unauthorized vehicles would be wheel clamped with a release fee of $250.

In response to your comments on the lack of f&b options and prior reservation, may we assure you the resort welcomes patrons with prior reservation as well as walk-ins. Patrons without prior reservations should proceed directly to the f&b outlets after parking their vehicles for their dining. This is to ensure parking duration is in accordance to the hours of patronage at the resort.

However, it was captured in our CCTV that you proceed directly to utilize the restroom located in a separate building opposite our f&b outlets after parking your vehicle at approximately 12.45pm and left the resort through the back-exit immediately thereafter. There was also no inclination to suggest the lack of options as claimed, as both our Shutters restaurant and Thanying restaurant were opened for lunch at that point in time.

Your return to the resort at approximately 3pm was also captured in our CCTV. Concerns and efforts by our Security associates to kindly inform you of the consequences of parking your vehicle were met with your aggressive opposition and verbal abuse. To our further dismay, despite the goodwill gesture to waive off one of the wheelclamp charges, we noticed the intentional damage done to the wheelclamp, which the authority has classified under Act of Mischief. The resort has since handled this case to the authority for their review and action.

Please allow us to take this opportunity to assure you that the resort has no intention to be inhospitable. All actions taken were exponentially performed in accordance to our Standard Operating Procedures.

Respectfully yours,
On behalf of Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Spent a 2D1N staycation with the family over the Hari Raya long weekend. To be honest, the stay was just "OK", nothing fantastic. We had an outdoor jacuzzi in the backyard of our unit (Unit 361). However, the water in the jacuzzi looked chalky. Our unit looked "old" and definitely in need of a renovation. Doors looked chipped, walls were dirty.

Amara Sanctuary surroundings looked nice and peaceful with many swimming pools around. The roof top pool was small but has a great sea view. The childrens' pool though was a little disappointing with lots of dead leaves in the pool and the pool looked dirty. The slide was a little rusty too. Decided not to let my son play in the childrens' pool as a result.

Conceige staff was efficient and friendly and tried very hard to help.

The compound was large and finding the way to the gym and spa was not easy. Amara Sanctuary has a big and beautiful gym which was very well equipped. Aileron Wellness is its name. However, the staff in the gym was extremely rude and unfriendly. I was in the gym in the morning on sat at about 6.45am, there wasn't any trainer in the gym reception when I arrived...and as I looked around and checking out the various equipment, i found him sleeping soundly in the trainers' room!

So i proceeded to make use of the equipment myself...while i was doing my benchpress, the trainer suddenly woke up and came to me and told me off rudely that the benchpress (power rack) was meant for personal training only and in fact, he claimed all the equipment in the gym were for personal training training only! I told him I was a paying guest staying in the resort and what did he mean when I couldn't even use all the equipment in the gym? After much arguing, he relented and restricted me to the machines only. And he started hanging all the "Equipment for Personal Training Only" signs. I couldn't find his name as he wasn't wearing his uniform, had no name tag. But he was a guy of average height, fair complexion, a little plump and wore a specs should you need to know who he was.

I hope the managment will look into this. I mean it was indicated in the website that the guests can make use of the gym then why must guests be paying for personal training in order to use the equipment? This is ridiculous considering the stay for a night was not cheap. And to be told off rudely in the morning by a half asleep trainer definitely spoiled my overall impression of the hotel. While the conceige staff tried their best to serve, the gym staff damage everything with their rude service. And seriously, what so special about the equipment that only those who paid for personal training are allowed to use? I was disappointed.

I probably will not return to this hotel. However, if you couldnt get a room at nearby RWS, this is the hotel to go for next as it is just a stone throw from RWS. Nothing fantastic about this hotel. Hotel in need of a renovation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear tiongbahruboy

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review us.

It was disheartening to read about your experience in our Fitness Centre, managed by our esteemed tenant, Aileron Wellness, renowned for their state-of-the-art training facility and empowering training methods.

We have immediately convened an urgent analysis on the issues mentioned and have concluded our findings. It is our immense pleasure to welcome all house guests to enjoy their entitled privilege at our Fitness Centre. There are, however, some specific equipment and fitness area (including the Power Rack and Fitness Playground), due to the complex usage instruction and unique design, require special attention from the trainers to prevent unnecessary injury. It is due to this very reason that the stringent usage criteria was set, which the Resort is also respectful of. In this, we implore your kind understanding.

Amidst all, we were delighted to learn of your kind compliments on front desk, room and swimming pool. Your generous comments have been passed on to our Department Heads to share with the team, which we have no doubt will motivate all of us to perform better.

In closing, may we thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We sincerely ask for another opportunity to regain your confidence in us and hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Your sincerely,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

After making our booking for Larkhill Terrace, we realised the ratings on Tripadvisor was terrible. It was rated one of the worst hotels in Sentosa. I joked with my friend that we wouldn't be that unlucky as there was still a few good reviews. How bad can Amara be? But we're proven wrong.
When we arrived at the lobby for check-in, nobody served us. We queued at one of the reception for our check-in. After waiting for some time, we realised the guest at the other counter left. So we went over. But we're chased away by the reception lady, saying that she's still not done with her guest. Her tone and language was totally rude. Seeing that we're quite unhappy with her, another staff, Wonkyu (hope I get his name right), came to us immediately to check us in. He was quite apologetic and prompt. After check-in, we're sent to our room. I must say, the room was beautiful. But our good impression of the area didn't last long. We realised the bed headrest was dusty, there was cigarette butts at the corner of the room, the daybed was stained, underneath the toilet seat was stained with urine, there's only bath towels, no face and hand towels, no pool towels. When I washed my hands, To my horror, the water was BLUE! I had to let the water run for at least a minute before it turned colorless. There was some blue powdery remains in the sink. We called housekeeping for pool towels but we waited for 30mins, nobody sent any towels. I had to walk to front desk to get my towels. At the front desk, the female staff asked to use the same towels for pool and bathing. I stare at her with disbelief and asked her "you mean I have to use the bath towels to dry myself after a swim in the pool and use the same towels to dry myself after bath?" And she said yes. I insisted on getting my towels over the front desk as I told her I've waited long enough for towels to be sent to my room. Towels were only delivered 5mins later. In the morning at about 9am, a male staff insisted on coming into our room to check on the mini bar. We didn't quite understand why they had this weird practice. When checking out, another female staff, DiDi checked us out. She really needs to practice how to smile before stationing herself at the front desk. When we told her our stay was very terrible, she didn't bother to hear us out. She just passed us our bill and said sorry for our bad experiences. This is our first and last time we're having our staycation at Amara.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jadnix

We were sorry to learn of your concerns with your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer our sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

It was disheartening foremost to learn of the shortfall of the service and room cleaning expectations specifically on the room cleanliness and the inept front desk assistance. We persist in seeding the ground for all our associates to constantly uphold an impeccable level of professionalism in all matters and have sent the staff concerned for retraining. We would also like to assure you that the service and operational processes have been reviewed with stringent improvisations implemented to eradicate future recurrence.

We believe in anticipating our guests’ needs to our best ability and exceeding their expectations through constant innovation. Your feedback is important in allowing us to continually measure and improve our service and room cleaning standards.

We hope these shortfalls will not mar your opinion of the Resort and ask for another opportunity to regain your confidence in us.

It is our hope to welcome you back to Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa and have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I had a very disappointed visit to this spa. I made an appointment for massage and scrub few weeks in advance for my partner and myself. But on that day when we arrived, only 1 masseur is there. And my scrub is done by the receptionist at the front counter. Can tell that she went for a smoke before coming in, as I can smell cigarette smoke when she came in and the smell on her hands when she did my scrub. It was only when the time to massage then the other masseur came in.

It was not an enjoyable massage as well. The masseur was pressing too hard and told her about it. She said that she already pressing lightly. I had bruises on the back of my legs the next day.

During the massage, I guess there were some people who came to do inspection in the spa. Can heard loud talking and laughter outside the room which is very distracting. Scheduling of inspection should be done when there is no customer around else they should keep voice/noise to the minimum considering that this is a spa environment.

As a spa in a 5 star hotel and I would expect a better standard. I would rather pay more to go to a spa in other resorts within Sentosa for a better experience.

Dear chocoraisin

Thank you very much for your review on Spa Luna, our esteemed spa tenant, renowned for their innovative spa treatments.

We are very concerned to learn of your disappointment with the services of our Spa associates. Spa Luna has been known to provide excellent service, receiving many compliments since their inception, hence it was simply out of characters for them not to be. We trust you will accept that difficulties you had experienced are certainly not reflective of their normal standards.

Please be assured that the Resort is treating this matter seriously and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

In closing, may we thank you, once again, for your review. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s requirements and we do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed a few times at Amara Sanctuary, and I must say I'm very disappointed this time. The facilities seem to have fallen into disrepair., with dirty jacuzzi, missing teaspoon, dirty netting around the bed. Even the staff seems unmotivated. I chose to spend my wedding honeymoon night at Amara, and have mentioned this during booking. Yet there wasn't any welcome decorations in-room, no congratulatory message from management, no room upgrades for this special occasion for a repeat customer. To make things worse, we requested for a late check-out, and pleaded with the reception to grant us this request due to our honeymoon night, and yet the supervisor did not even spend 10seconds to consider before rejecting us! And the resort is not anywhere near capacity! You've lost a faithful customer Amara.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jek H

It was disheartening to read about your experience and our sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations. We have immediately convened an urgent analysis on the issues mentioned to the relevant Department Heads concerned.

Please be assured that the issues raised have been investigated and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa and have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Amara Sanctuary Team

Been to Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa? Share your experiences!