“Relaxation !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Tehran, Iran
“Relaxation !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good location near bus stop and reasonable price but a it seems a bit old and tidy in room.
Overall I eager to go and have more relaxation there and see peacocks and parrots near me!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear PMRad,

We are extremely pleased to hear about your wonderful experience at our resort! We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the lush greenery and wildlife here!

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We checked in just for one night. I got the deluxe room on the 4th floor (highest level) with a partial sea view.The room was fine and clean just for some lightings that do not seem to be working, there was no wifi connectivity in the rooms (only wired internet was provided), the aircon along 4th floor corridor was really cold (waste of electricity). 2 bottles of water was provided during our stay, and there was a heater jug for boiling water, cups, spoons, coffee and tea that was provided.
We were at the sky pool & jacuzzi on the 4th floor, it was pretty nice.
On map, the location seem inconvinient, however we were surprised that it just took approx 10mins walk to Palawan Beach and to the Merlion Plaza.
We have not tried any room service or called for any help so I can't comment on that, but my personal opinion is that the staff should smile alittle more and be more engaging with their guest.

Room Tip: Choose the 4th floor (highest), facing the sea view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Pepper_Crab_123,

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the maintenance issues you have brought up to ensure our hotel is in tip-top shape to provide the best guest experience.

We will also inform all our service staff about your comments and ensure our high service standard is adhered to.

We thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you back to our resort again!

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom pool villa which blew us away when we first entered. However, as already commented, too many problems with the villa due to poor maintenance. When raised with staff, they appeared to disinterested. House cleaning was inadequate with dirty cups and glasses left lying around and amenities not replenished.

Worst of all, from our perspective, was the noise factor. I do not mean the roller coaster or the fireworks as we booked knowing these would be there. They were not an issue really. However, when booking a property called a sanctuary we expected just that. Instead, we endured three out of four nights with large noisy groups partying in adjoining villas, a different villa and group each night. One night might be considered a one off event but three nights running implies this is a common event. Security would attend but after they left the group would eventually start up again. It would normally be expected that such a hotel would deal with large groups staying in villas with a four person maximum.

I personally think the hotel has a lot of potential but needs management which can deal with its current issues.

Dear Nevergohome,

We thank you for your valuable comments on your stay. We wish to sincerely apologise for the villa maintenance issues you have encountered, and rest assured that plans are underway to better guest experiences. We deeply regret the housekeeping issues you have encountered, and have counseled the staff in question.

We are aware of the issues with large crowds gathering for parties. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, and we are stepping up measures to curb the issue.

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to our resort again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This stay was meant to be a surprise weekend away for my birthday planned by my husband. However, we were 'surprisingly' taken aback by the 1 night stay we had with the supposing luxurious hotel as advertised. We stayed at the 1 bedroom villa with a private pool and during our stay, several incidents took place that wrecked our entire getaway.

Firstly, the toilet in the bedroom was constantly choked! And the shower drainage also had problems so when I was showering, my feet was throughly soaked in flithy water which was also very unpleasant. The private pool was not properly maintained as there were many spider webs around. This whole episode just made me feel like I'm going through jungle survival tolerance, definitely not what I had in mind for a luxurious hotel stay.

Secondly, the 2 TVs were not only tiny, they were hung off the ceiling. If the villa was as spacious as advertised, it doesn't make sense to have them up in the air. Our original plan of lazing around playing Kinect had to be put off.

As I've mentioned earlier that the private pool's surrounding needs tidying, I had the house keeper in to clean up. Hence, you can imagine my time there was spend with the plumber at our toilet, the house keeper sweeping and tidying up dead leaves from the pool and us sitting in the living area tilting our heads up to the TV.

Because its my birthday, my husband had some of my friends arranged to surprise me at midnight. That created quite a commotion that caused a hotel staff that came knocking on our door. My husband reassured that we will silent down and that my friends will not be staying so there will not be a cause of worry. Shortly, the staff returned again, but this time with his manager who demanded for the registered guest list. Hence, my husband guaranteed that my friends would be leaving in 15mins but shockingly, the two men stood there and in a gangsterly tone, stared at my husband and said: '15mins, you sure?' That was the last straw for me! I understand that there are hotel regulations to adhere to but as hospitality service staff, I think that it is wrong of them to threaten guests like that.

For a hefty price tag that we paid of more than S$1k for a night's stay, I think I deserve much better facilities and service. I even had to queue for seats for my breakfast the next morning, as though in a typical food centre.

This is by far the worse hotel stay I've had, and sadly, my worse birthday memory ever.

• Stayed July 2012
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear mrstuu,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your stay was less than satisfactory and have disseminated your comments to the relevant departments.

We will step up our maintenance checks and take your comments into account when we are planning for our next scheduled refurbishment.

We seek your understanding in enforcing certain hotel regulations when dealing with noise control in order to avoid disturbances to other guests. However, we will counsel our staff in terms of dealing with guests in a delicate and polite manner.

We take guest feedback very seriously and we thank you for your feedback, and will use this as an opportunity to improve our product and service.

We hope to welcome you back to our resort again.

Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I got a pool villa and the whole atmosphere and layout were great but the place needs to be cleaned up. Doors and fittings were pretty worn due to the elements. Especially the shower area and bath tub.
Price came up to x2 of what was stated when I booked. Quite unhappy about that.

Dear HDRcorp,

Thank you for your feedback on our villas. We have disseminated your comments to the relevant departments. We will definitely take them into consideration when planning our next scheduled refurbishment.

We hope to welcome you back to our resort again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Despite prior mixed reviews from friends, we checked in for 2 nights for my partner's birthday weekend as we thought, well we're in Singapore, at the very least, it would be decent. Lesson from the experience - never make assumptions!

The first morning, the sky pool was full (there are probably only 10 lounge chairs), so we were taken to the garden pool, where we ended up getting bitten by insects, we were afterall in the middle of all this greenery! We ended up taking a long walk to another hotel and using their pool instead (excellent service there!)  Both the second and third times, we tried using the sky pool, there was no pool attendent, no service at all. Despite several phone calls and a trip down to the service desk, we had to wait 50 mins and 20mins respectively both times for someone to bring up pool towels - and they weren't even pool towels, but tatty old bathroom towels.

The hotel rooms were decent, but noisy air conditioning, and the toliet flush wasn't working properly. We paid extra for the premier room with a "sea view". Don't bother. What little you can see from between the tree tops is not worth the extra money.

At the buffet breakfast, I asked the chef at the egg station if I could have some hollandanise sauce with my poached eggs, and she did not know what hollandanise sauce was. (I doubt she could speak much english!) And another chef came by and asked if I 'really need the sauce' because they would have to make it. (Good to know it's home made , but do you really ask your guest if they really need something?)

All in all, it wasn't the best weekend hotel stay we've had, and having travelled a lot, we've stayed in better hotels in less developed countries with much better service levels. Very disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear J H,

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of your comments regarding our Skypool and have informed the respective departments on this. We deeply regret that this marred your experience.

We have also relayed your comments on your breakfast experience and maintenance issues to the relevant departments.

We thank you for your review and helping us constantly improve our product and service.

We hope to welcome you back to our resort soon.

Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Relax in the large luxurious rooms on a peaceful 'jungle' island then just hop onto to the free shuttle service to Harbour Front MRT (5 min) and from there you can explore Singapore City at your leisure. I really enjoyed a relaxing night's rest on the luxurious mattress !!!

Room Tip: Book the deluxe
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear trejam,

We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We always delight in exceeding the expectations of our guests, and we will share your kind compliments with our team.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back to our resort soon!

The Management.

Been to Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa? Share your experiences!