The main reason for my stay at the Amara Sanctuary was for a 3-day Sales Meeting that was to start on a Tuesday. But I had arrived in Singapore on the previous Wednesday for work in Malaysia on Thursday and Friday. I decided to weekend over at the Amara so that I would not have to change hotels on Monday. I did this with some reservations because I was not sure I would like the idea of being secluded on Sentosa Island away from the action found in other areas of Singapore. I arrived at the resort late on a Friday evening. My company had booked us Premier King rooms, but there were no Premier Kings available. I was originally given a lessor grade king, but it was not at all to my liking, and there were very large frogs (or so it sounded from their croaking) right outside my window and it was extremely loud. I left my luggage and went back down to the lobby where I explained that the room I was given was not suitable for me. After some discussion with the manager, I was offered an upgrade to a Courtyard Suite room. The manager was very considerate about it all and even drove me what was only a 3-minute walk to the room, in a golf cart to see the room. It was elegant with a four poster king-sized canopy bed, a Nespresso coffee machine upscale bathroom with amenities. It was a huge improvement over the original room I was assigned. The coup d' grace was it had a backyard private patio with a sunken jacuzzi plunge pool! Yes, this was perfect for my weekend decompression from the long trip to Singapore and to get me ready for the Sales Meeting where I was a presenter. I used the jacuzzi all week, it was great. The resort's two pools were both very nice. One pool is called the sky pool and is an infinity pool on the fourth floor roof of the main hotel building. It is adults only, but that did not seem strongly enforced for the well behaved parent-accompanied children who did use it while I was there, and I sure did not mind at all. The other pool was tucked away in a wooded garden and was more quiet, except for the distant screams from the roller coaster riders at Universal Studios not far from the property.
Breakfasts were the typical buffet spread which was good, but after 6 days got a bit old. I had dinner at the Thai restaurant on the property with a colleague. the food was marginal, the service confused and the prices way too high for what we received. I found out that it is actually very easy to get to Vivo City and the Metro using the free hotel shuttle and dinners were then taken off the Island whenever there was not a company obligated group dinner held.
The Meeting rooms at the hotel are in their own building and are excellent for any type meeting you might want to have. The service was good and the facilities were excellent. Service was very good all over the resort. I had a very enjoyable stay and I would definitely return for a real vacation stay at some point. This resort has a romantic flair to it which should be shared with another person, I missed not having my wife with me on this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa is a 140-room boutique resort in Singapore nested within 3.8 hectares of secluded tropical gardens on the hillside of Sentosa’s popular Palawan Beach.A ten minute drive from the Central Business District on mainland Singapore, it is easily accessible for both business and leisure travellers.Winner of Singapore Tatler The Best of Singapore Awards 2010 to 2013 - Best Resort.Winner of Singapore Service Class Award 2012.Winner of AsiaOne People's Choice Awards 2009 - Best Resort.Winner of URA Architectural Heritage Awards 2007 - Category A. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Hotel Sentosa Island