“Needs a lot of improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Siloso Beach Resort Sentosa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   51 Imbiah Walk, Sentosa Island 099538, Singapore   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
San Pedro, Philippines
“Needs a lot of improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is located inside Sentosa Resort. Right across the beach. The room I got has a view of the beach. The nice thing about this hotel is that it is located at a quiet part of the resort. A few blocks away is the Shangri La Hotel Sentosa.

I rate cleanliness as poor. You have to give specific instructions to the cleaning staff for her to do the job well. During my first day, when I came back at night, the room was not as clean. I was expecting her to clean up the trash bin but the rubbish that I left was still in there. I did not give her specific instructions at first since I was thinking she might get offended and feel like I do not trust her to do the job well.

The bedding used are old and stained. The carpet near the edge of the bed also has stains. The wall is obviously old. It's brown color is uneven.

I understand that the theme of the hotel is a tropical forest. But the grounds will kind of scare you because the plants and trees not even trimmed, a snake can easily hide there.

The pool is okay. The water is chilly.

All in all, the staff needs to be trained to properly clean the hotel. Even the staff cleaning the pool area was not knowledgeable with his job. He was cleaning the rest bench at the pool area using pool water. He scoops water from the pool then uses it to clean the bench. Yuck!

To be fair, the staff are all courteous. I did not encountered a single rude staff there.

The breakfast is just okay. Nothing spectacular. Not bad either.

The surroundings need to be maintained. At the lower level rooms, there seemed to be an old waterfall there with aquarium for Koi. But there are no waters falling, nor fishes swimming. It does not look nice. A little bit of cleaning will do.

Judging the place, I think it used to be beautiful but maintenance was bad.

I still rate it average since the staff are all courteous, the swimming pool is nice, it's located at the quiet part of Sentosa if you really want to rest, it's priced just right and comes with a breakfast buffet. But it needs to be maintained properly to bring back it's old beauty.

Room Tip: Request for the room with the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Firstly I would like to thank Ms Siti (Reservation Coordinator) as my preference for a seaview room was given. I was worried as I had read previous reviews of guests complaining of the service and maintenance of room however the room given to me was superbly well maintained and it is so comfortable that i cant find any slightest defect in the room.

I had booked for the roof garden suites which has stairs to access the roof where to you can see the most beautiful view of the island. There is also an outdoor hydrotheraphy bathtub which you can relax and just gaze at the scenery. My room is at the corner (Room 823) which is directly facing the sea. This is an eco-friendly hotel and YES, it a simple hotel where you can just lay back and relax from the busy city. Breakfast was also very simple and good. Croissants were bake and immediately put on display still hot and crispy at the same time! So while waiting, the aroma of croissants baking will entice you!! Wifi in the room is not a bother for me as my main reason coming to this hotel is to disconnect and relax. I did not try the swimming pool as the next day it was raining heavily however would love to try on my next trip as the hotel has the longest pool in Sentosa and plus there is a slide+man-made waterfalls.

I would definately come back and stay again!!! My stay have proved me wrong of the hotel bad reviews from guests.

Room Tip: Roof garden suites at the corner (#823,#822) is facing directly to the sea.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
USG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were told by the reception that we only booked for 3 nights when we booked for 4 nights (clearly stated on our booking confirmation). Room was not ready until 1.5 hours after our check in. Reception staff were not nice. Our room was for 3 people but only had 2 beds and one towel.

• Stayed July 2014
Denpasar, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

great swimming pool ! but the plantation around the pool really makes me not comfort to swimming at the night or take a long time. caused lots of mosquito :(
and also the swimming pool area are dirty. lots of leaves from the tree.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This place is a S$360/ night.
The best thing about this place r the pic on its website. Garden was very nice. Free parking was great. Service was ok.
Hotel room:
It was basic but run down.Not wifi enabled. LAN is not free (s$5/day).
Mobile reception in the premise is ranging from "No Signal" (in room) to 3G two bars (by pool) needless to say surfing was slow. There were hair n junks at the toilet grease trap from previous guest. Door lock was faulty. Some of the rooms could hear music pumping away throughout the stay. Dust spotted everywhere.
To sum it up, disappointing n over-priced.

Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

12.00 PM,Dated : 1st july, 2014
Our worst experience started as i entered the siloso beach resort there was no welcome, no one to guide us, then when i got d room, it was the diaster - room was stinking, fungus on d wall, there was unfitted wires of tv and other stuff.
Then we asked for another room. Still same problems. And whrn we asked hk supervisor he replies all the rooms r fitted with same stuff. Our holiday mood completely spoiled.
Next morning.
When i put my new expensive dress gifted by my hubby on side table to wear on this morning. What a surprise i got more then 1000 ants on it. I was shocked.
Same morning breakfast time.
Mr supervisor. In black clothes. Bald guy was super rude.
This was my horrible experience in this hotel.
I have nothing more to say.

• Stayed July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I booked this resort with some trepidation after reading the reviews on Trip Adviser, but we wanted to stay on Sentosa Island, and this was affordable, so we thought why not try it?
It certainly isn't a 4 star "resort" and does need some TLC but we found it to be okay, although we did have some minor issues. As others have noted, reception staff are not particularly friendly, or helpful, and definitely not welcoming! (However, we were lucky enough to meet the lovely Bala, who was extremely friendly & helpful.) We found our way to our room and were pleased with the position of the room, which gave us a "beach" view. The rooms are very small and basic but do have a small fridge, kettle, tea & coffee. I noticed that the airconditioning vent was covered in mould (totally black!) so I went back to reception and asked to change rooms, which they begrudgingly did. The next issue was bedding. I had asked for an additional bed for a third person, which they said could be done but the room would be cramped. I accepted this but I was not happy paying SGD70 per night extra for a trundle bed with a bottom sheet, and a blanket that did not even cover the person! I went to reception and queried why the third bed couldn't have a sheet & quilt like the others and they said "that's just how it is!". I asked to speak to the manager but of course "they weren't in the office"...(You may wonder why anyone would need a quilt in Singapore but in the room the airconditioning blew directly onto the extra bed and became quite cold for the occupant!) Thankfully when we came home later that night, the bed had been made up as requested. Breakfast was far better than I expected, with both good variety and quality, and in a nice relaxing setting. The pool was nice but not as big as expected and the towels were a little on the thin side. It was handy to have a washing machine and dryer that costs minimal to use and washing powder is supplied. You are within walking distance to many attractions & restaurants, as well as the monorail that takes you over to the mainland.The resort provides you with a card to use the monorail for the length of your stay, which saves approx. SGD4 each time you travel. I would stay here again, at the right price, but I hope that management address the staff issues and little maintenance issues of the resort.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Siloso Beach Resort Sentosa? Share your experiences!