“Family short trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa

You added Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa to your Saves list
Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   23 Beach View, Sentosa Island 098679, Singapore (Formerly Treasure Resort Sentosa)   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Melaka, Malaysia
“Family short trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Staying at this hotel just for 2D1N but overall I'm happy with the hotel environment and the staff service. Well done!
When I reached this hotel, all the staffs great me nicely. The room nice and with a big space of toilet. They also provide a very good facility even just a small thing such as clothes hanger (some hotel with little units of hanger), coffee maker and etc.

But here some small issue that wish the Management can consider:-

1. The coffee maker machine didn't clean nicely. I on the device and let the plain water go thru three times and the water still with "colour of coffee". This means the last user or room service didn't clean it nicely.

2. When I reached there time around 2:00pm+ and hotel own car park was full, so I have to park at the "Beach Car Park". Thinking it should just beside but actually it quite far by walking distance.

But overall comment from me: Good! And for sure will be my 1st choice hotel for my second trip to Sentosa.

Room Tip: I believe the room with Lion view will more better because the so call "Sea View" will jus...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the friendly service provided by my colleagues and the design of our guestroom with the facilities provided within. I am also grateful to receive your comments on areas where we can improve.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Out of curiosity i checked into Movenpick, without much expactation , i just let it moves me where it leads me . The front desk was very professional and welcoming. Even with just hand carry bags , i was being asscorted to my room, i gather due to the structure of the hotel , its a good gesture so that guests would not lost their way or having a hard time to get to their room. The ceiling high glass pannel in the room that looks out the greenery and blue sky created relaxing embience for the urban lifestyle . Great breakfast that will push you to goes for rounds and resort like full length swimming pool was a site, even if you are not a pool goer. I must say there was nothing truely fancy about this hotel but some time less is more , and i always believes in qulity and not quantity!

Room Tip: for a nature lover, i prefer the room that allows me to embrace the nature!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the professional check-in experience provided by my Front Desk colleagues, to the design and layout of our guestrooms, as well as our lovely infinity pool. I am equally glad to know that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast selection offered at our all-day-dining restaurant, Tablescape. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had a good 2 nights stay at the hotel.
Initially booked the Heritage Premium room, but was told during check-in that the room was not available due to some issues in the room. We were given the Deluxe Sea View King room (a smaller room), and were offered free breakfasts as compensation.
The room is clean and have a view of the sea, but since the hotel is not located by the beach, the sea is about a few hundred meters away. The room faces South so no worries about the morning or evening sun light, and the one piece roof to floor window is very nice.
The TV have local channels and a selection of cable channels, but the video level of the cable channels seems to be too high, may be this can be adjusted.
Found that the room does not have a shaving kit, called and promptly received it in a few minutes.
The infinity pool is nice, but we think it needs a few more deck chairs or some racks for guests to put their belongings. Also not sure whether food and drinks services are available at the pool.
The hotel's location is very good, just across the road from the monorail station. Can take the monorail to the beach and the RWS is just a few minutes walk away.
We took the breakfast at the hotel and it was quite good, but we did not visit the other restaurant and the bar.
Overall, our stay at the hotel was quite enjoyable, the room is clean, and the staffs are polite and prompt. Will consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am grateful to learn, that despite encountering a problem during your check-in, my colleagues were able to resolve this to your satisfaction; ensuring your care and comfort. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly the design and cleanliness of our guestroom, the warm and friendly service you received from my colleagues and the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa. I am equally grateful to receive your comments on our breakfast offerings and areas where we can improve.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

First time staying in a Movenpick hotel so here's what I have to say.

Location:
-Excellent location located just across the road from the monorail station (Imbiah).
-One stop to Sea Aquarium, Universal Studio...etc (Waterfront Station)
-Two stops to Vivo City (Sentosa station)
-Hop on and off for free within the island. If you are coming back from Sentosa station to the island you need to show the pass (given by the hotel per person).

Hotel (In general):
-Nice hotel it has a new wing and heritage wing.
-The walls are rather thin. If you have noisy neighbours like us, good luck to you.
-We were given an interconnecting room and it was a torture. Our neighbours are feral and had to ask the hotel staff to speak to them. The interconnecting doors were not very well sound proofed so the noises are quite bad. If you are a light sleeper, make sure you do not get an interconnecting room.

Facilities:
-The pool (I called it a Fish Tank) has two sides with think glass and it looks like a fish tank. From afar people could see your legs kicking underneath the water.
-The pool is just ok with (from memory) 8 sun beds.
-Water is just a flat 1.0m deep.

Room:
-The Deluxe room we had to me was just ok. I expect it to be more luxurious for a 5 star hotel.
-The wear and tear are showing already on the door and ceiling.
-The mould stains around the sink taps are an eye sore.
-For a 5 star resort, there's no rain shower.
-No pillow menu, what you see is what you get! Something definitely lacking for a 5 star hotel.

Services + Staff:
-In general, staff are ok. They try to help. But my personally feeling is that they lack of 'passion'. They do not greet when they bump into you. Been staying in many hotels in other countries and some are very nice. Something that we did not find here.
-Breakfast is very busy and is a Chinese chop house!
-Good range of food for breakfast at $25 per person + taxes and kids eat free.
-The lady we encountered at the egg station was rather rude. My wife said to have less oil. She abruptly replied: 'We can't have less oil as the egg will stick. It's not cooking oil, it's oilve oil'! She is using a non stick pan so what's the point of using a non stick pan if you need to flood the egg with oil? It's doesn't matter whether it is cooking oil or olive oil.....it's still OIL! After this incident, she showed a very 'angry and sulking face'. My wife asked, you don't need to be showing me this face. She said :"how do you know I am angry"? Well hello...it's quite obvious as she could not cover it very well. She then continued speaking in Vietnamese to her colleagues.

Nonetheless, we had a reasonably good stay at this resort but something is definitely lacking and needs improvements!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper as it being a resort hotel on a touris...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express monorail station and all the major attractions on Sentosa, to the design of our hotel. I am equally grateful to receive your comments on our breakfast offerings and areas where we can improve. I wish to also acknowledge your comment regarding our Culinary colleague who did not display due care to your dietary request. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon. Staff looked after us exceptionally well and were accommodating to anything we required.
The hotel itself is very beautiful and is conveniently located in the middle of Sentosa. The buffet breakfast is excellent!
Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the architectural design of the hotel, to the warm and helpful service you received from my colleagues. I am equally glad to know that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast selection offered at our all-day-dining restaurant, Tablescape, and the prime location of our hotel. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I wish you both a continued lifetime of happiness together and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa in the very near future, or at the very least for your next anniversary celebration.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here for a two night stop over on the way to Europe. Cool modern hotel with great customer service. Beautiful peaceful swimming pool.Location really close to universal studios.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the architectural design and serene ambience of the hotel, to the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa, as well as the friendly service provided by my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

ACT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had booked with Amoma online and paid in April. Amoma called me and said booking they had to cancel to booking as Amoma had promised something they could not deliver..

We were extremely angry and I was later contacted by Suria from the hotel. This lovely lady was able to fix up booking and match the price given to us by Amoma. She saved our sanity as we had already booked airfares.
We arrived at the hotel and from the moment we got there to the moment we left, everything was perfect.
We were given a Premium Merlion Room even though we had only paid for a deluxe.It was unreal. Such luxury!! Beautiful bathroom, fabulous food, very helpful, caring staff and perfect location.Granddaughter loved the pool as well.
Could not have asked for more. We will be staying with Movenpick from now on as we travel the overseas at least twice a year.
THE BEST HOTEL we have ever stayed in!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room would be lovely. It is a wonderful hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that despite encountering an initial issue with your online agent on your booking, my Reservations Manager, Suria, was able to resolve your booking request efficiently and to your satisfaction.

I do also appreciate your kind works regarding the quality of our Heritage Merlion Room, the fabulous location of our hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa, as well as the friendliness of my colleagues, which helped to leave a memorable impression on you and your grand-daughter. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Philip Jones

Been to Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa? Share your experiences!