I'll cut to the chase...
- We were celebrating my husband's birthday and because i mentioned this in my booking, we received a hand-written card from the GM, Mr. Philip Jones, with his greetings. Thoughtful gesture.
- Not sure if there was any connection to the birthday celebration, but we were upgraded to the Heritage Room which was splendid.
- Our room was clean, comfortable and luxurious.
- Location was excellent.
- Breakfast buffet spread was pretty worth the S$25.
- The only thing that I felt was really lacking was the service of the Hotel staff. Unfortunately, service matters a lot in the hospitality industry. Doormen were unfriendly and did not bother to direct us to the reception area. Because there were no clear signages, we wandered around the main lobby for a bit before finding the escalator that led to the front desk. Front desk officer was not rude, but seemed inexperienced. We arrived just under an hour before check-in time, and the room wasn't ready. That wasn't an issue although we thought the staff could have offered to show us the baggage holding area so that we need not lug them around. We could have asked, but the front desk staff appeared to be too busy. During breakfast, the waitress didn't seem interested in serving the guests. If only the hotel smiled more...
But if the Pre-Dec 2013 reviews on Tripadvisor and Booking.com are anything to go by, then i think Mr. Jones has done an amazing job to turn things around so quickly. At least, our hotel stay (other than the sullen service) was pretty pleasant throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Movenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa is within easy reach of the island's attractions and entertainment options. At the same time, it is secluded to provide a stylish and comfortable environment for you to enjoy and relax. The elegantly-designed guest rooms, and meetings and conference facilities makes this a suitable destination for both business and leisure guests alike. Imbiah station on the Sentosa Express train is located directly opposite the hotel with excellent transport links to key areas. You can transfer quickly to the Central Business District and the downtown area. Our upscale lifestyle hotel offers five-star luxury facilities spread out over two distinct wings. The Heritage wing, with colonial history dating back to the 1940s and the Contemporary wing offer individual accommodation styles for both business and leisure guests. The striking rooms and facilities, designed by the internationally renowned Japanese design company Super Potato, include the modern section, featuring 105 well-appointed Deluxe Rooms. 19 Onsen Suites, three Executive Suites and two Penthouse suites. The signature Onsen suites each feature a Japanese-style hot tub set in a tranquil outdoor sanctuary while the Penthouse Suites offer private rooftop pools. All rooms are equipped with high-speed internet access with wireless connectivity, and feature LCD flat-screen TVs with an integrated multimedia system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Hotel Sentosa Island
- Treasure Resort Sentosa Island