“Almost perfect staycation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa

You added Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa to your Saves list
Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   23 Beach View, Sentosa Island 098679, Singapore (Formerly Treasure Resort Sentosa)   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“Almost perfect staycation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I'll cut to the chase...

Likes:
- We were celebrating my husband's birthday and because i mentioned this in my booking, we received a hand-written card from the GM, Mr. Philip Jones, with his greetings. Thoughtful gesture.
- Not sure if there was any connection to the birthday celebration, but we were upgraded to the Heritage Room which was splendid.
- Our room was clean, comfortable and luxurious.
- Location was excellent.
- Breakfast buffet spread was pretty worth the S$25.

Dislikes:
- The only thing that I felt was really lacking was the service of the Hotel staff. Unfortunately, service matters a lot in the hospitality industry. Doormen were unfriendly and did not bother to direct us to the reception area. Because there were no clear signages, we wandered around the main lobby for a bit before finding the escalator that led to the front desk. Front desk officer was not rude, but seemed inexperienced. We arrived just under an hour before check-in time, and the room wasn't ready. That wasn't an issue although we thought the staff could have offered to show us the baggage holding area so that we need not lug them around. We could have asked, but the front desk staff appeared to be too busy. During breakfast, the waitress didn't seem interested in serving the guests. If only the hotel smiled more...

But if the Pre-Dec 2013 reviews on Tripadvisor and Booking.com are anything to go by, then i think Mr. Jones has done an amazing job to turn things around so quickly. At least, our hotel stay (other than the sullen service) was pretty pleasant throughout.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the quality of our rooms, the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa, to our breakfast offerings. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the lack of service from our Front Office and F&B Service colleagues. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide and we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We Stayed in this hotel on Feb 15,2014 for 1 Night to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Sentosa . Me and my wife entered the hotel 2:50 PM and I was taken to Check in desk by a person standing near entrance and Mr. Eugene Charles , Senior Life Style Manager helped me with Check-in process and it was cool & easy. While Check-in, he offered me upgrade to Suit from Deluxe Room @50$ and I was not so keen on that. But later he told that the room I have booked unavailable so he is freely upgrading me to Suit(Later I came to know it is a Heritage Premium ) and handed over me the Keys of 366 along with multiple journey tickets for Sentosa Express to use if we go to Vivo City. we were taken to Lift by Mr. Eugene Charles and on the way to Lift we were offered with Chocolates and Fruit Juice and both are very good and he showed us the way to swimming pool and gym. But as we stayed for only one day, we didn't enjoyed them..:(

We enter the Room around 3:20 PM and it was so good and elegantly done. It got a big living room and big bed room and both the romms equipped with big LED TVs and Bed Room got a Media Hub(you can connect all your device to TV), a coffee maker and a mini bar with full of drinks. But few problems with bath room. Sliding separation door between living space and bath room is not working and no bath tub. I booked the room with Sea View, but the room allotted got no view at all.

Over all I am happy with Moevenpcik. Five starts for room , five stars for services , five stars for ambiance and five stars for Mr. Eugene Charles. We do visit again...

Room Tip: No Bath Tubs are there in Heritage Premium Rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the excellent service you received from Eugene, our Senior Lifestyle Manager at the front office, to welcome chocolates and juices you received upon your arrival and overall quality of your room. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the faulty sliding door, the condition of the bathroom, and that your room did not have the view you had wanted. Please know that I will reinforce this with our Engineering and front desk team to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked a Deluxe room for our post V'day celebration and stayed for a night from 15th to 16th Feb. Wrote on my reservation that it's our first V'day celebration together and was hoping that the hotel made it memorable for the both of us. When we checked in, the front office staff told us we could get a Heritage Suite + breakfast for two upgrade for $80++ and we took it.

We were given the suite with the Merlion view and when we got to the room, I was blown away! The view was postcard-worthy! The room itself was big and spacious, and the bathroom was tastefully furnished and equipped with a rain-shower, double sinks and a huge bathtub. A list of exhaustive amenities including a bath scrub sponge and bath salt took me by surprise on how thoughtful the hotel is. A Nespresso coffee machine sits on one of the shelves in the living room, and four coffee capsules and TWG tea were included as complimentary refreshments. Shortly after we got to our room, the hotel had a cake sent up which they had prepared for us in view of our post Vday celebration. It was so thoughtful of the hotel and I really appreciate this gesture.

Location was just opposite Imbiah monorail station and the Siloso beach was only about fifteen minutes walk away.

The breakfast buffet was good. I love the butter croissant and banana walnut bread! I think they were freshly baked?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa over the Valentine’s period. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of our guestrooms and amenities contained therein, as well as homemade pastries we serve for breakfast.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have just returned from a 2 day stay at the Movenpick Heritage on Sentosa Island. The level of service has improved tremendously since our previous visit in January, probably as a result of the efforts of Philip the new GM. The staff was always attentive, the room was super clean, and the buffet breakfast - which covered most of Singapore's multicultural cuisines - was an adventure. We will be back.

the Martyna family, Calgary, Canada.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Ms Martyna,

Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, from the level of service of our colleagues, to the cleanliness of our guest room and our buffet breakfast offerings.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

It's not bad, but not very good. Before a couple of years it was clean and better than now. The room is clean only when we arrived but then they did not clean it very well. The location of the hotel is very good, it's near the attractions on the island. The breakfast is not bad at all.

Stayed February 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that your room was not spotlessly clean, as is our standard. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of the hotel, to the quality of our breakfast.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I chose the hotel for a 1 nightstaycation due to the reasonable prices for a Sentosa hotel and good location to RWS & palawan beach. There was breakfast included for the hotel on the Deluxe room package i booked from Zuji.

The main aim was to bring a 1 year old plus toddler either to the beach or to the hotel pool. We reached the hotel at about 2.30pm to checkin, and the porter helped with our baby stroller/bags the moment we alighted from the taxi. There is actually no need to take a taxi if you have minimal bags as it's walking distance (4 minutes walk)from the monorail Imbiah station.

Check in was smooth, and we were assigned a 2nd floor room (no view & no balcony surprisingingly). There is a big bathtub in the bathroom and a separate toilet and shower room. The room was quite spacious with a Kingsized bed, and had a nespresso machine.

Palawan beach was nearby and there was also a water play area which cost $15/child to enter. After 2-3 hours at the beach, we simply went back to the hotel to clean up and headed for dinner at RWS, all very conveniently located within walking distance. We checked the pool and it was not suitable for a toddler to play in as it's an adult pool, so we skipped the pool in the end.

Aircon was adjustable in the room, room service was prompt in bringing an extra towel we requested for the toddler (although this should have been prepared for in the room since it was in the booking). There was free wifi in the room, the password was provided during checkin, although the wifi speed is quite slow, as youtube videos on the ipad kept lagging.

The breakfast buffet was quite comprehensive, had nasi lemak and dimsum items, porridge, besides the bread/waffle bar, and lots of fruits. The restaurant service stuff were polite and prompt as well, in clearing dishes and providing tea/coffee. Breakfast was 7am-10.30am.

During checkout, the staff also helped us call a taxi and helped us with our bags all the way out when the taxi arrived.

I would definitely stay again if i have the chance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you are enjoying your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the excellent service you received from my colleagues at Front Office and Housekeeping, to the convenient location of our hotel nearby to Palawan Beach and the quality of our breakfast. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this Staycation so special for you and your family.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed for 3 days 2 nights during chinese new year. Cosy nice and clean hotel. Booked a heritage room with merlion view. Greeted by polite and friendly front office staff over the counter. Room interior was nice with Nespresso coffee machine. Fruits/desserts were served daily as well. View wasn't as fantastic as expected. Location is superb; surrounded by the main attractions, opposite Imbiah sentosa express station and 5-min walk to RWS and merlion tower. Although it is located very near to the attractions, environment is quiet and peaceful. Breakfast buffet was abit disappointed as the choices are limited. Hotel has many chillout areas where we can relax under the sky/stars either on rooftop (overlooking the beach) or at the forecourt.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Merlion tower are recommended as beach view rooms are obstructed by construction and tr...
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for highlighting the positive elements of your stay from the nice interior of our rooms with Nespresso coffee machines, to the convenient location of the hotel within walking distance to all the major attractions here on Sentosa.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the areas where we can improve and please note that we will use your feedback with regard to our breakfast service, to see how we may revise our offerings at this time.

Philip Jones

Been to Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa? Share your experiences!