“Fabulous weekend in Sentosa Cove” 4 of 5 stars

You added ONE 15 Marina Club Singapore to your Saves list
ONE 15 Marina Club Singapore
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   #01-01, 11 Cove Drive, Sentosa Island, Singapore   |
Seoul, South Korea
“Fabulous weekend in Sentosa Cove”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I generally love Sentosa, and I have stayed in a few different hotels in Sentosa.. Sentosa Cove is quiet, exclusive and very relaxing area to stay if you want to get away from the busy city life in Singapore. I stayed in one of the suites and it was a great choice. The room was amazingly spacious and loved the huge size of bathroom. Hotel service was good, swimming pool is nice and spacious. Staff is also quite friendly and helpful. I would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the marina view suites, bigger bathroom and it is quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ONE15MarinaClub, Marcom Executive at ONE 15 Marina Club Singapore, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities and service you experienced were great! All your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We do our best to provide an excellent experience for our guests, and it’s highly rewarding to receive such positive feedback. I will definitely be sharing your comments with the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you again the next time you want a quiet, relaxing respite from the city.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very nice hotel - marina for posh yachts is beautiful. Breakfast was great - loads of choice and although we didn't hav time to use them facilities looked awesome.

Quite a way from city (around $15-20 taxi) and rather expensive (but it was Gand Prix weekend).

Room could do with a good clean/refurb - perfectly acceptable but not at F1 premium.

Room Tip: The shuttle bus says for staff only but is for guests too - beware as we let it go past in error...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I appreciate the kind words you mentioned regarding our great location, facilities and breakfast quality.

I apologise that you felt that our rooms were not to your expectations. During your stay in September, the Club was due to undergo refurbishment works in all our rooms in November, and we’re pleased to inform you that our brand new refurbished rooms have a great new look, complete with new flooring in the rooms and bathroom and new sinks. In addition, we have also installed new bed frames / bases, bed headboards, new draperies, bedding, pillows, replaced current televisions to SMART TVs, the DVD players, the mini bar refrigerators and 3-in-1 clock, CD and radio player with newer, modern models. If you would give us a chance to host you again, I guarantee that you’ll find our newly refurbished rooms very pleasant.

I regret that you experienced some confusion with regards to our shuttle bus service. While it is a shuttle bus for Club employees, out of convenience to our guests, we have extended usage to hotel guests from 7.30am-5.30pm / 7.45 – 11.30pm (from the Club) and 6.30am-7.45am / 9.25am – 10.30pm (from Harbourfront MRT Exit D Taxi Stand). In order for guests to utilise this service, they simply need to show the ONE15 Hotel card to the driver for verification. We have notices displayed on the shuttle bus explaining this, but will definitely explore displaying them more prominently in other locations around the Club.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Club soon.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Location and view are stunning, I'd give you that. But other than that the hotel lacks a certain standards in service and physical finishes. I remember that the bottom of the curtains are not even. The TV channels were so limited we ended up watching CNN on our anniversary night!

The master control panel on the bedside was quite impossible to figure out.

I also left my phone on the reception desk one time. They said they'd bring it up for me (which is nice, because we offered to go get it ourselves), but it took them an hour to do so. Our room is just 3min walk from the front desk.

It has the potentials to be a great boutique independent hotel, with a view of the marina and all. But they just haven't got the "guest experience" part of it right.

• Stayed May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I appreciate the kind words you mentioned regarding our great location and marina view. Regretfully, there were a few aspects that did not meet your expectations, and for that I have to apologise for the inconvenience.

During your stay in August, the Club was due to undergo refurbishment works in all our rooms in November, and we’re pleased to inform you that our brand new refurbished rooms have a great new look, complete with new flooring in the rooms and bathroom and new sinks. In addition, we have also installed new bed frames / bases, bed headboards, new curtains, bedding, pillows, replaced current televisions to SMART TVs, the DVD players, the mini bar refrigerators and 3-in-1 clock, CD and radio player with newer, modern models. Our master control panel has been simplified and upgraded as well. Our 19 TV channel offerings include HBO Movies, MTV and Star Chinese, just to name a few. However i regret that you did not find any of the channels to your liking. I will certainly review our TV channel selection with the rest of the team.

Here at ONE15, we aim to offer a warm welcome and high level of service to our guests. While this was what our staff tried to achieve by offering to send up your cellphone that was left at the reception, unfortunately there are instances where our staff are overwhelmed with enquiries at the Front Desk, thus resulting in the delay in sending up your cellphone. I will most definitely look into this issue.

Thank you for letting us know that there were elements of your stay that you found needed improvement (the guest experience). We are constantly working hard to improve ourselves and it is feedback from valued guests such as yourself that help us to improve. We hope that you could give us another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Earlier reviews were wonderful and brilliant! Our experience was well and excited about our first stay along Sentosa Cove, we explored the place and took some photos... Make no mistake the view was excellent!

The disappointment came in the night when I was about to bathe, the water flow became inconsistent and the temperature kept fluctuating. I could not use the bath tub as well! Nothing in the toilet seems to be working..

To make matter worst, when we called the front desk (at first) they said that they are experiencing some engineering issues and need to wait till tomorrow before the matter could be rectified. What service?!?!?! Not long after, front desk called again, saying this fault is due over booking of room. So I was think, isn't this an established yacht club?!?!?! Don't they except full booking of room? Finally, they called again, said they will get their engineers who SUDDENLY appeared?! to look at it.

To rub salt on our disappointment, it was my wife's birthday surprise.... UNACCEPTABLE! Totally spoilt whole entire day's effort! As people says, what is a good dinner without a good dessert?

A similar alternative would be W HOTEL @ SENTOSA COVE prices are similar, perhaps the experience would be better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I appreciate the kind words you mentioned regarding our great location and marina view. However, I sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you encountered during your visit in early August.

With regards to the water flow and temperature issues you experienced, please be assured that this has been addressed and corrected. Our water heaters, water pressure in the bathroom and refrigerators have been accessed by our engineering department and have been fixed. Regretfully, our Front Office staff did not provide you with an appropriate and speedy response to the situation. However, I can assure you that your review has been discussed with the appropriate departments in the hotel and I will personally follow up with these areas of concern to make sure that they do not occur again. At ONE15 Marina Club, we strive to offer our guests the best possible experience and service, and unfortunately your experience did not reflect that. On behalf of the Club, I am truly apologetic that this marred your wife’s birthday surprise.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service that we are known for.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

One 15 Marina is located at the supposedly exclusive Sentosa Cove, surrounded by expensive apartments and gleaming yachts of its wealthy inhabitants.

But don't be fooled by the location, pictures or promises. My experience was terrible.

It was a toss up between Resort World Sentosa or this place since both prices were fairly similar that day. In the end I booked a hillview room here because the idea of a quiet getaway to celebrate my partner's birthday seemed more enticing.

Sentosa Island charges admission fee for visitors and their vehicles. I was informed that the admission fee is included in the room charges for guests staying at One 15. However the staff's instruction failed to mention that I had to enter Sentosa via the manned booths at the island entrance. Unintentionally, I entered the island via the unmanned booth which resulted in the admission fee being deducted from my vehicle's stored value card. When informed of this, One 15 offered their "sincerest apologies as the staff was new" but could not do much about it, even though they had failed to give full instructions.

Check-in was generally fuss free. But the hillview room that I was given was awful (corner room 2515). The carpets were badly soiled. The bed frame had marks and several nicks. The head board had weird looking stains. Parts of the wall bore deep scratches and cracks. The TV in the bathroom was installed at a slight tilt. I was looking forward to having a bath under the skylight, but any thoughts of that evaporated at the sight of black moldy stains all around the bathtub caulking, as well as the remnants of poor workmanship left behind after previous repairs.

I was shown another hillview room which was slightly better in terms of condition, but it reeked of stale deodorant and so I declined. At this point they ran out of hillview rooms, so I was offered a marina view room (provided I paid the difference). Remember the stains on the headboard at room 2515? The marina view room I was shown was much worse. Most of the headboard was covered in some kind of mold like stains.

At this point, I have to give a lot of credit to the staff who attended to me and showed me the rooms - Mr Sanchit. He was patient and genuinely trying to fix the problem, so he offered another marina view room. This time he had personally inspected the room. While it wasn't faultless, room 915 was the best of all the rooms I saw that afternoon. It was getting late so I accepted the room. Mr Sanchit also kindly waived the upgrade charges.

However my ordeal didn't end there. When we tried to watch TV, we found that the speaker made a crackling sound. The water pressure from the shower slowed to a trickle after 5 to 10mins and the water turned cold. Very unpleasant. It was close to midnight so we only informed them at check-out. Again the only response was more apologies and a promise that they'll look into it. It might make the place more better for the next guests but it is of little comfort to me.

There were unexpected problems with the complimentary parking coupon too. When I left to pick up my partner in the evening, the coupon would not work. I had to pay the parking charges so that i could exit. This problem was highlighted to the staffs who seemed genuinely surprised. They apologized (but again said that there is little they can do since the car park is operated by another company). There are 2 exit gantries at the car park. When I drove up to the gantry after checking out, there was a car at the right side gantry with its reverse lights on. Presumably the driver faced the same problem that I had the previous day. I took the left gantry, and the complimentary parking coupon worked. So my tip: use the left side exit gantry and save yourself the hassles.

I learned that the marina is 5 years old now and is due to undergo a major upgrade in September. However, that is not an acceptable excuse for the catalog of problems. So long as it is opened to paying guests, they have an obligation to provide the value that was promised. But in my experience, they failed miserably. Mr Sanchit was the only staff there who seemed to have the guest's interests at heart, the rest of the counter staffs we met were rather indifferent.

My advice for the management of One 15. If you are sincere about opening up the club to paying public, hire better staffs such as Mr Sanchit, and provide better trainings to your personnel. And for goodness sake, check-out other hotels that are professionally operated. You'd be blown away by the difference in quality between their premise and those at One 15.

My final advice to fellow travelers: Stay far far away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay in early August.

I sincerely apologize that your overall experience at ONE15 was not to your satisfaction. We have just completed a major refurbishment in November, and our hotel rooms now have a great new look, and we’ve received many positive feedback from recent guests on our new rooms that come complete with new flooring in the rooms and bathroom and new sinks. In addition, we have also installed new bed frames / bases, bed headboards, new draperies, bedding, pillows, replaced current televisions to SMART TVs, the DVD players, the mini bar refrigerators and 3-in-1 clock, CD and radio player with newer, modern models.

It is most regrettable that you experienced some frustration and confusion with regards the Sentosa island gantry fees. As you mentioned, these fees are included in the room charges but it was due to a miscommunication that our staff failed to mention the need to enter through the manned booths. Rest assured our staff, both old and new have been briefed again on the importance of communicating this correctly to guests, and such an error will not be repeated. Your ordeal of having to request a room change twice is also highly unfortunate, however as mentioned above, I guarantee you our newly refurbished rooms are comfortable and clean, and will meet your expectations.

With regards to the issues encountered with the parking gantry, please know that we duly noted and rectified the issue with the organisation in charge.

I must thank you for your kind words of praise for our Front Office staff, Sanchit. I will ensure your compliments reach him and we endeavour to instil in all our other staff the same level of exceptional service and hospitality that you clearly saw in him.

Once again, I am sorry for the issues you experienced during your visit, especially so since it was to be a special celebration for your partner’s birthday. I have shared your review with our respective departments so that all issues will be addressed accordingly.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future. We are constantly working hard to improve ourselves and it is feedback from valued guests such as yourself that help us to improve.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

* staff sent a bday greeting card to hubby with a spa voucher valid for 24 hrs upon check in (we didnt get to use since we only got them nxt day close to check out)
* room was nice & comfortable and had an amazing view of the marina but at one point water stopped in the toilet which was immediately attended to. also noticed the fridge stopped working during the night, we just didnt hve the time to inform them
* staff were warm & friendly
* cold storage grocery & guardian is within the area
* overall it was a memorable stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the room, and surrounding marina views were to your liking. It was unfortunate that you did not get to enjoy the spa voucher we offered for your husband’s birthday; I hope you will get the chance to do so on your next stay with us.

Your comments on the toilet plumbing issues and faulty fridge are well noted. Rest assured that with the refurbishment works that we underwent in November, these issues have been rectified.

We do our best to provide an excellent experience for our guests, and I am glad that you enjoyed a memorable stay with us. I will definitely be sharing your comments with the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you again .

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I really love this place which is located away from the city and crowd. From the balcony, we enjoyed a city view, a marina view and a partial sea view! We had a relaxing soak in the tub while enjoying a TV show at the same time. One of the best experience we ever had!

We love the serenity of Sentosa Cove and the walking distance to Quayside Isle where the restaurants are located. There is a cold storage supermarket, a pharmacy, SAM machine and convenience store just beside the club.

We will definitely return to this club! Highly recommended for a staycation here!

Room Tip: Marina club room gives you a lovely marina view. You won't regret paying extra for it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, it’s always highly rewarding to receive such positive feedback.

I’m glad to read your commendation of the room, the value, services, the convenient location, and the very kind remarks in recognition of our Club.

Once again, I truly appreciate the positive review. I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly hope to be able to host you again soon!

The Management, ONE°15 Marina Club

Been to ONE 15 Marina Club Singapore? Share your experiences!