“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
seoul
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

New hotel in new artificial area. On the beach but water not attactive. Close to marina but no night life. Good service in hotel and good rooms. Sound proof could be improved from corridor door. Nice swiming pool large and convinient but not deep enough to swim. A good DJ at bar with nice music and atmosphere. A little bit far from city but nice for resting in luxury environment. Easy for families as amusement park and other activities are nearby.

Room Tip: Marina view is ok
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello sebrad,
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to know you had a pleasant stay with us. For sure I will take your advice of our sound proof system for future development.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed in W Singapore Sentosa Cove in late July. Hotel itself is quite nice with modern facilities and room is also quite nice.

However, staffs are NOT seasoned so that they are very clumsy at restaurants, concierge desk and housekeeping.

1. Restaurants: I tried to order iced latte coffee for lunch buffet, but they said they do not have one in their menu. Also, restaurant is so packed, and food is very expensive considering its quality.

2. Concierge desk: I had resort to their advice on local transportation to and from Vivo City on public holiday of Singapore, but their advice was totally wrong and I had to walk 20 min carrying my sleeping son from Sentosa Cove where I had to get off from Bus 3 which concierge desk has advised me to get on. As Bus 3 does not stop at W at 10pm, I complained about an wrong information, but they kept saying that I was mistaken.

I admit that W has quite a good facilities, but customer oriented service needs more improvement.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello 413jil,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you liked the design of our hotel and our rooms here. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience and inconvenience it had caused you and your family, I will share your review with our restaurant teams and concierge team for improvement, I am sorry our team did not give you clear information and the shuttle schedule was not clearly communicated to you. I believe it can be improved with better supervision and trainings; I will pay close attention to these areas and to ensure it will not happen again to our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback; I hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back.
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Wow what a lovely hotel. Staff very friendly.. I have visited this hotel many times but not to stay as we stay next door in the residences. I have eaten and drink there several times and it's amazing food with amazing service. Well worth the money. Great location and lovely pool !

• Stayed July 2014
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello Pgjrushmere,
Thank you very much for your lovely review! I am glad to know you found our talents (staff) very friendly and you enjoyed our food and service here! Try to stay with us for a night to feel the difference even you are just next door!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Friendly staff and nice everything, as is customary with any W hotel, however having come straight from a week at the W in Seminyak, it's just not quite the same.
To begin with, it's located on Sentosa island, which is about 20 minutes from marina bay - without traffic, and don't kid yourself - there's always traffic. The vibe isn't quite the same either, the staff are friendly enough and everything is nice, but the 'mojo' is missing. The staff lacked the super genuine smiles, the breakfast the extra love, and the pool just seemed sterile and lifeless - not to mention the sprinklers being turned on and quite well dousing me mid hammock relax.
Overall a nice hotel, but for the money something closer would be perhaps more appropriate for a tourist.

Stayed July 2014
Hello Rhys D,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to know you had a pleasant stay with us. I do very much appreciate the constructive feedback you had given to us and please be rest assured that I will address all these with the team here for improvement.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Beijing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've been to the property for conferences and decided to take the kids for a staycation. We loved the Away room with the pool, it was hard to get the kids over to the main pool. Room size is good and we loved the oversized bath which was outdoors and just off the reflection pool. Service and staff are great and very friendly, we even received a bottle of champagne from the W Insider team which was a great welcome.

If there was one area we were disappointed with it would be the food at the buffet. Quality was really hit and miss. Fish tandoori with mint sauce was amazing, whereas the chocolate cake was like eating dry, flavorless chalk. When a six year old spits it out you know something is wrong. Given the price of the buffets (both dinner and breakfast) I would have expected better quality and consistency across all the food stations.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello golbaljunkie,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to know you had an enjoyable stay here and you loved your room! I will definitely pass on your lovely feedback to our team, especially our welcome team and W insider, I am sure they will be happy to hear from you. Regarding to your comment about our buffets, I am sorry for your disappointment and I will share your comment with our executive chefs for improvement. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

As soon as you enter the hotel the staff welcome you with a pleasant smile, it is absolutely beautiful. Once you step inside the hotel and room it's very hip and has different light settings. Amazing music which is very different from every hotel and it gives you straight away feeling of holidays. We've got upgraded for our second time visited here where we booked for Wonderful room and we had been upgraded to Suite room near the spa instead. It's a great hotel for a couples and the guest mostly came here for Staycation. Swimming pool is stunning and huge with a bar in the middle. Hotel staff were super friendly and don't forget to try their buffet breakfast. I just love the ideas of putting fresh juices in an individual glass bottle and of course then variety of fresh good food for great start of he day. Mostly recommended this hotel for couples and a great hotel to take a break from a busiest week at work

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello NNANz87,
Thank you for your amazing feedback! I am glad to know you enjoyed so much staying here with us and everything went so well! I will definitely share your feedback with the team here and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Owing to kids' busy schedule, we decided to have a staycation (local holiday) at W Singapore. It turned out to be one of the best hotel holidays we had.

The staff were friendly and personal. They made us feel really welcome.

The hotel had bicycles which we could borrow - for free - for an hour. That was a pleasant surprise and we had a great time cycling around Sentosa Cove in the morning, thoroughly enjoying the sea breeze and tranquility of the area.

The swimming pool looked ordinary from the lobby but when we started using it, we found it relaxing and plenty of space to play water games with the kids.

The hotel room was roomy and spacious compared with many other hotels we've been to. We loved the window with its ledge to sit on, the comfortable bed and the big well-equipped bathroom. We weren't too much into the lighting schemes that the room had but we picked one which we were comfortable with and stayed with that through our stay. Room came with various amenities such as different types of hand phone chargers, free wifi, etc. Useful for hubby who had to work intermittently.

The buffet breakfast was brilliant. Plenty of local and international dishes to select from. Loved their variety of bread, cold cuts, fresh fruit and fruit juices.

Definitely will recommend to family and friends. And definitely will return.

Stayed June 2014
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello loannaP,
Thank you very much for your awesome review! We are thrilled to know you had such an amazing stay with us and you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. We cannot wait to have you back and hopefully we will Wow you again real soon.
Best regards,

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!