“Great pool, great sensory stuff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Island Glamour
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Great pool, great sensory stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Can't help but feel that this place is great for people who needs tactile and sight stimulation. There are a few mood lightings in the room n the decors , even the bar soaps has raised points . All those tactile stimulation are simply great for my son who is moderately autistic n has hyposensitivity issues in tactile sensory processing . Presence of a signature scent is another bonus too.
The great attraction was the pool. My kids really enjoyed it.
As for the buffet breakfast, it was edible, taste so so with some fried thin noodles that are solid hard.
Room was ok, service was prompt . Overall a good experience

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Immanlyn,

Thrilled to know that you enjoyed you stay with us. Indeed we have a fabulous product and I am glad you and your family enjoyed all the facilities. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Season’s Greetings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I was first came to Singapore in April with my baby girl and stayed in Capella Singapore. I came again and stayed in W Singapore with my girl's grand parents, aunties and her cousins in December. Comparatively Capella was the best. I am writing this reviews at 4:30am in the morning with no air conditioning. Besides it was first no electricity an hour ago. I went to the washroom in dark. Yesterday afternoon I was informed that they will have to cut the electricity for some kind of checking. However, I stayed in the room and they did not do it. So I believed that they tried to do it now while everyone is sleeping. Let's come back to the first day we arrived. We found a perfume of smell when we got in which is very similar to what we get in China Chinese managed hotel . After that my wife tried to take a shower and she found the water was leaking all over the places. Asked a technician to fixed it, but without someone to clean up the wet floor after we were back from outside. At the end, the room facilities design were not even make sense. I hurt my hand when I opened the door. I stayed in Capella without a complaint and my wife and I just missed there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Frankie C,

Thank you for your review. I regret that you did not have a very pleasant stay with us. We conducted a partial power shutdown as part of a scheduled exercise for the purpose of annual maintenance. While our engineering team has done their best to anticipate everything, unfortunately we faced some unexpected last minute challenges, mainly regarding the elevators and lighting. I have already sent you an email in regards to this. The room has been checked by our engineering team upon your departure and the problem has been rectified. Please do get back to me on the email that I have sent you. I want to assure you that it does not reflect the quality of service we strive to maintain. Hope to see you again.

Season’s Greetings
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Fabulous room. My request for high floor granted. However the staff handle the counter should be more professional in handling questions and we would appreciate if guest to be reminded again to remove their cashcard before using the complimentary carpark tickets. The room is big with nice smell and awesome view. However the aircon is not cold enough. My kids enjoy the pool very much it clean and a good place to get some sun and relax.
Service is quite average. I don't quite understand why the W insider suddenly pops in when we checkout and ask if anything she can help us with. Should they be around when we check in? Service is very average I should say.
Overall we enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Choose Fabulous and above awesome view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hello Travelisious,
Thank you for your review. It is nice to know you enjoyed your stay here! Glad you and your little ones loved the pool; our pool is one of the best in Sentosa! Thanks for your comments about our welcome talents (staffs) and our insider, I will definitely share your comments with them and discuss with our team managers for improvement, sorry you had this impression when staying with us.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel to be pampered, the W Hotel Sentosa is NOT the place to be.

The W Hotel Sentosa Singapore is supposed to be the hotel where you can feel pampered and feel like royalty. Well my friends and I paid like royalty as well having forked over
S$1,200 for their Marvelous suite for one night to be pampered but it was not to be.

Unfortunately we were sorely disappointed. My friend's luggage was not moved to the hotel room until two hours later after check in. Worse he had bottles of champagne that was requested to be chilled. The hotel staff did not. Their excuse was my friend mixed up the suite reservation name and so they did not do anything.

We requested for buckets of ice to be brought to the room, the W hotel staff took an hour to return with one bucket of ice. Being a luxury hotel that is supposed to be all about service, ice should already be present inside the suite when the guests are checked in. That is the Five-Diamond standard and clearly this hotel does not deserve any accolades at all.
I do not blame the hotel staff for their shortfall. I believe strongly the hotel manager and trainers failed to impart the proper service standards and failed to instil the sense of being above and beyond call of duty type of service standard to be had in such a hotel. Granted the weekend we stayed was the Zoukout weekend which means the hotel was fully booked.

I cannot say for my friend but I am sorely disappointed and I will not return again to the W Hotel. I will also persuade other friends not to book the W Hotel either. I strongly urge the Starwood management to whip their W Hotel Sentosa staff into shape and instil upon them the type of service standard that goes beyond the call of duty.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello Blacktyst,
Thank you for your comment. I am sorry you felt your W Singapore experience left a lot to be desired. I value your feedback and I believe it is a valuable source of direct and honest feedback. Regarding to your comment of our talents(staffs) did not chill your bottles and the delay of sending up your baggage, I have personally investigated your case and found that you and your friends were informed by us of no party policy, that is why we did not assist to chill 8 bottles of champagnes and white wines in our In Room Dinning fridge for you while there were 10 unregistered guests in your room. We do welcome celebration and party here, but if it will be happening at late night with music, we would encourage you to do it at our Woo Bar.
Hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back.
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is the best hotel i've ever stayed.

From the front of the house i've already get a warm welcome by the staff. There is a lady that escort me to do check in process. The Receptionist are awesome. The Room are amazing. I stay in Famous Room type #524. Great view, Great room amenities, Comfortable bed.

The housekeeping also done a very good job. The room is clean and tidy every day.

The Kitchen Table and the F&B Team are truly amazing and the choices from the buffet is awesome. You should try the Dim Sum.

They have a shuttle to go around Sentosa and direct to Vivo City also.

When check out time, I received a gift from the receptionist that is a W Pen which is very nice.

Overall, The W Sentosa Cove Singapore is the best hotel to stay in Singapore.

Room Tip: Choose a room that have a view to the beach
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hello TravelFebio,
Thank you for your nice comment. It is very uplifting for us to receive such feedback! We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

What this hotel managed to create is a resort that feel completely away from Singapore. It is secluded, tranquil and away from all the buzz and denseness of the city state. The W trademark art decor was superbly done but not over bearing. The whole ambient was pleasing and put the mind totally at ease. Though it is not a very huge hotel, it is cleverly designed that provides lots of private space for everyone to feel at home. Service staff was professional but was a little inexperience and lack the tactfulness to match this classy property. The Quayside Isle is just round the corner which provide plenty of dinning and drinking options. This is a perfect get away for a few days without having to leave Singapore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello Xexplorer,
Thank you for your comment. It is fantastic to know that you enjoyed your stay here! I am glad that you had the feeling of getting away from Singapore! We will keep up the good work and hope to see you again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We recently celebrated our 28th Wedding Anniversary at the W in Singapore for 6 days and it was fantastic.

From the moment we arrived we were treated like we were their only guests.

Our room wasn't ready on arrival (no big deal) but we were offered a couple of drinks while we waited.

I would like to thank you for our upgraded room & beautiful box of chocolates, the plunge pool was well used by us and appreciated.

I would also like to thank Mark - he remembered our names from check in and it was a pleasure speaking with him everyday.

For those worrying about staying on Sentosa, buses are available and taxi's are very reasonably priced. Often we would take the W bus to our destination and taxi home, very easy indeed.

The W is a very "hip" hotel which we loved, breakfast was very well catered for though sometimes a little crowded.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Gymqueen34,
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I’m particularly happy to know that you felt the service we provided was attentive. I am proud to learn how my amazing colleague, Mark, impressed you. I will definitely pass your kind words to him!
Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!