“Outstanding Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mobile, al
“Outstanding Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the W on October 19 redeeming a voucher we received as residents of the W Residence.

As we were celebrating our birthdays (10th and 20th Oct) we chose this time and we were delighted with the entire experience.

The decor is picture worthy and the room exceeded our expectation due to style and amenities. While the decor and the room were outstanding, they paled to both the food and excellent service @ Skirt.

Yes, it can get a little crowded at the pool on Sat/Sun but this is Singapore and good news travels fast.

I will recommend this to my colleagues that travel here and usually stay at the Shangri-La as I think it offers a great alternative both in approach and surroundings.

Great job Stephane to you and your staff!

John OB.

Room Tip: The marina view rooms are very nice and recommended. If you want a view of the South China Sea proba...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hello Mobilefoodsailor,
Thank you for your comments. It’s our huge pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful celebration! Your kind words are definitely a strong motivator for me and my team. Thanks again! We’ll continue to strive hard to give future guests a ROCKING W experience here!
Look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

On very short notice, I was tasked to determine where I would like to go for a short getaway for our anniversary. After mulling over options between jetting off and staying in, I decided a staycation would provide more rest than stress and off we were to W Singapore!

From the moment we got off the shuttle bus, we were greeted warmly by their friendly talent which makes for a great way to start the day. The same goes for the staff at the concierge. First impressions (though not always accurate), but lasts for a long time. So better to get it right than to have to find ways to right the wrong.

The Wonderful room which we stayed in was very spacious and well equipped. The stauff obliged to our request for a room on the highest floor. Was pleasantly surprised by the bathroom toiletries which were from Bliss and includes a facial cleanser (the hotels I've been to do not usually include this). The bed was very comfortable and I had a very great sleep. The only gripe was that the pillows were too soft.

Being a non-swimmer, I was delighted to find that the pool was not too deep and there were actually various floats and bean bags for guests' use. This means I could simply lie on the bean bag, chillax and enjoy the view or have a drink. They also provided sunblock lotion at the towel section for all pool users - a small but very considerate and thoughtful gesture!

Dinner was settled easily by the Quayside with a wide selection of cuisine and restaurants, followed by a walk along the marina for the peace and serenity. For a night, we had a taste of how it would feel like to be a resident at Sentosa Cove and delighted in it.

Breakfast selection was pretty decent. However, the eggs benedict, along with some of the other food I had, which looked really appetizing, was marred by the fact that they were rather cold to the taste. That was a disappointment. However, their staff were quick to attend to us and when we dropped a fork, we did not even have to ask for a new one because someone promptly replaced it for us.

The next day at our check out, their staff wowed us again with their service by giving us complimentary drinks at Woobar after knowing that we were to take the shuttle bus which would only arrive in half an hour's time.

A fantastic place to chill and relax, without travelling too far. Yet offering the tranquaility that isn't found too easily in our city. Would definitely visit again for another special occasion.

Hello Cornscious,
Thank you so much for your nice comments. Glad that you enjoyed staying with us and you loved the pool as I believe it is one of the best in Sentosa!
Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Have fairly mixed reviews on W Singapore, as we just returned from Taipei.In my opinion, W Singapore was stronger than W Taipei in terms of room size, layout and design. Overall, it's a mismatch of expectations, since I expected more from a hotel of this category.
On the plus side:
-Room layout and size: Bedroom was new, modern, large, spacious and bright. It was such a decent size that one could even fit in an extra single bed. One could relax at the armchair or work at the desk, with abundant daylight streaming in from the large bay windows.
- Appreciate the beautiful lights that adorn the room, including the different mood lighting and beautiful bed feature.
- Bathroom: Clean and decent size which includes a separate bath tub, shower stall etc.
- Individual room temperature control: Great that we were able to adjust the temperature of our room easily as not all hotels provide a system that works.
- Docking station for blackberry, Nokia phones etc. Note: No iphone chargers but perhaps that's understandable given that different models have different charges.
The tiny details that make a difference between good to great:
- Inconsistent service from the staff, especially the front desk (during check-in and check out). For example, when I checked in on behalf of my husband, the first question asked by the staff was "Did he alert us beforehand that he'll authorise you to check in on his behalf?" I was a bit perplexed as I've the reservation details and this was the first time that I've encountered such a request. It was resolved fairly easily at the end, but this wasn't a great first impression. Another incident with the front desk during check-out. The hotel had an wedding dinner during our stay and we had no choice but to request for valet parking as there were no available parking lots when we returned . Again, the front desk advised us to pay for valet parking at first when the parking lots were taken by attendees of the event last night. Fortunately, the valet was nice enough to waive the charges as he explained that the lots were taken by the event attendees the last night but we tipped him anyway. However, some of the other staff were friendly and enthusiastic. Ironically,we experienced better service from the concierge, bellboy, doorman and the breakfast staff.
- Lack of turn-down service
- Lack of welcome fruits and welcome letter
- Complimentary bottled water from Dasani. First hotel that we've encountered this brand of water for this price that we've paid for this category of hotel. Didn't recall being served Dasani water from the other W hotels that we stayed in, but I might be mistaken.

Hello Adelme,
Thank you for your comment. I am delighted to hear that you liked the design of the hotel and your room, also the lighting system. I am glad overall you had a nice experience with us although a couple of things fell short, I have shared your feedback with my welcome team and reminded them need to be sensitive of the words they are using towards guests, please accept my apologies for the wrong impression that my team had given to you.
Hope to welcome you back soon.
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

with my wife heavily pregnant, we can't fly away anywhere so we decided to find a nice hotel to spend a weekend. The choice of W was a great one as it's a new hotel, with great ambience and style.

love the attentiveness of all the staff and especially their "w insider" who is basically a personal concierge that looks after our every needs.

Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello alfpoon,
Thank you for such encouraging comments! I am thrilled to know you and your wife had such a great time with us! I will definitely pass your nice comment to our W insider Cara and the team. Thanks again for your positive review!
Cannot wait to see you again soon!
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel is a wonderful getaway from the bustle of the city. They've thought of everything to put into the room and then some. The staff are great and all the facilities are top notch. It's a great quiet place to spend a few days getting away from it all as it sits at the far end of Sentosa island where access isn't the most convenient and is surrounded by exclusive condominiums (thus private and quiet).

If it's a nice quiet retreat you're looking for, this would be it. If you're looking to see the sights and experience Singapore (or even the rest of Sentosa island), the hotel is a little out of the way and inconvenient to get around from.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello alfpoon,
Thank you for your nice review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay, liked our style, our service and our location, in fact we are not far from town, having shuttle running regularly to town and the island, it takes approx. 30mins to town. I will share your kind words with my team, they will be thrilled!
See you again soon.
Batam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
It was our first stay at any of the W hotels and i'm glad we chose the W hotel Sentosa Cove. We wanted to extend our stay at Amara Sanctuary Resorts but fortunately for us there was no room available and a quick trip advisor search prompted me to choose W and i'm thankful i selected.

The service right from the point of alighting from the taxi to the check-out is fantastic, i couldn't imagine how the staff could do better. I'm quite a service & ambiance centric person and i would give 10/10 to W Sentosa Cove. Check-in is absolutely fast, greeting has great smiles.

The property as such is awesome, amazing & artistic....kudos to the designer for getting into even the minutest details. WELL DESIGNED hotel (both exterior and interior). it's the AMBIANCE created for the guests that would keep inviting guests the next time.
The rooms are fantabulous and extremely spacious for Singapore standards, equally well designed and the ambiance is superb. Room service is great!
Swimming pool is brilliant, they even take care of floaters, water gun for children e.t.c, There's a bar at the swimming pool that's good too. If you'd like to try other restaurants near by, just take a short walk outside the hotel and you could find a lot of good restaurants besides.
Breakfast is also pampered with all the goodies.
Hotel restaurant is great too!

It's a great get away place to relax and be for yourself or family or even for business travelers.
For getting to sentosa island attractions there's regular intervals of free bus rides.

Over all.....the highest rating so far from my side....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
I would definitely stay and recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.

If ever there is an opportunity to consider the hospitality segment, this is one brand that i would love to work for ...... truly amazing!!!
Great going and all the very best "W"

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello AjoThomas,
Thank you for our wonderful review. We are so thrilled to hear that you had such an awesome time with us! Glad you find our food, rooms and staff up to your expectations, and in particular that my team provided good service and wonderful experience for you.
Hope you welcome you again in real soon!
Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The location for visiting Singapore is a tad out of the way, 20 minutes or so in a taxi, however, if you were looking to stay somewhere to simply drive into, relax for a few days, then fly back out, then I would say this is perfect for family / friends etc. Service was excellent, staff couldn't ever do enough. This is Singapore so never going to be 'good value'. The SPA arrangements were the only thing that we felt let down by. The guest is charged on a 'time' basis for massages, however, your time starts from the moment you step into the reception, so having the usual pre-massage shower etc immediately starts eating into your paid time. I will return here with my wife and children as the proximity to Universal studios etc, great service, quiet relaxing environment is perfect to kick back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello Dr Den,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read you and your family enjoyed a little staycation with us. Next time when you visit us, please do not hesitate to have our talents to assist for tour or visit arrangements! Anything else, just ask.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!