“Worthwhile, Worry-free & Wonderful Staycation” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
BEST DEAL - UNTIL 31/JULY
Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Worthwhile, Worry-free & Wonderful Staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's definitely worth every dollar i paid! I booked it to surprise my partner as we were celebrating our anniversary and W hotel didn't fail us! Just like what my friends have experienced, W hotel was fabulous in every nook and cranny! We were upgraded and got a congratulatory yummy cake from their team. A very thoughtful gesture from them.

Room was spacious. Our balcony overlooked the pool and the dock with all the lovely yachts. Full size mirror. Modern & Funky Designs. Their bathtub? Soak while watching tv as their glass panel could be moved. Choose which lighting mood you want, from hello, escape to flirt. You can also get sun tanning lotion or sunblock for free in their pool booth. Some waterguns and pool toys are also available. We didn't take the breakfast as we found out pricey but we tried Skirt for dinner and likewise, it was a lovely night.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello Bunnchen,

Thank you for your nice feedback, I am glad you had a lovely stay with us and I hope that you and your partner had a memorable anniversary.

Our rooms are sure to impress with a highlight being “Fabulous”! Design is one of our passion points, followed by fashion and music.

Please do come by and chill with us again!

643 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great funky hotel, rooms have mood lighting with different coloured LEDs to play with. BOSE system and cable tv come standard.
Rooms are generally large and spacious, can be a tad cold at night.
Fantastic restaurants and excellent cocktails.
Overall a pleasant stay !

Room Tip: Rooms are generally quite big so a standard room is good enough. Pay more only if you really want a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello ClemZ,

Thank you for your nice feedback! I am sure you are in love with our funky furniture, artwork and purple lights, with the creativity that’s comes from W hotel Group. Please do come again and get ready to be WOWed by us again.

Look forward to welcoming you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

First stay in 5th Jan 2013 was not pleasant as W Sentosa Cove only opens a few months. Feedback was sent to the hotel back then as I thought new hotels will usually have some problems. I went back again on 29th March which also a Good Friday to celebrate my birthday locally and I need to say that I indeed see improvement as a whole. Shuttle timing was changed, as well as the pick up location for the shuttle. Nice hotel as a whole and is a good getaway retreat. Although, I encounter some issue during my stay but I think that is only one off which it might not apply to others so I shall not comment on it.

Room Tip: Other than the 2 restaurants that W offer, there are lots of food at Quayside Isle.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Bobng80,

Thank you for your feedback; I have to say it was my pleasure to have you and your friends or family here with us for your birthday!

Since our opening in 2012, we have been dedicated to providing our guests better services and you would be happy to know some new measures have been put in place for improvement. I am glad you could see the difference and improvement and your support means a lot to us! Thank you.

Please do come and stay with us again!

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just had 6 nights at the W on Sentosa in Singapore. 3 adults and 3 children in adjoining rooms - very spacious. Fantastic hotel - very new. Staff very friendly, beds great, the pool area is spectacular and open 24 hours. Night swim with the grandchildren was magical. Well priced restaurants nearby in SIngapore Cove. Regular free shuttle buses to Resorts World and 2 a day to Orchard Road shopping. Very quiet area and I would definately recommend this hotel. We all LOVED it!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be great. Need a balcony to dry bathers etc.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello Adelaideb,

Thank you for your nice feedback, I am glad to read you enjoyed so much with us. Please do come and visit us again with your kids!

Look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I usually stayed at Grand Hyatt in Orchard and Swissotel at Stamford whenever I was in Singapore. Over Chinese New Year, I tried out the W hotel at Sentosa for a change. It was a pleasant one! Kids loved it and the property is fantastic!

Pros
Nice room with large balcony and an amazing view of the marina.
Kids spent hours in the big bathroom.
Excellent service by all the staff and they are always eager to help. We got the twin bed we requested for.
Swimming pool is huge.
Surround environment is relaxing with several nice restaurants just a stone away.

Cons
While W is on Sentosa, it is still a 10-min taxi ride from Resort World where the new water park is. Getting to and from the Singapore mainland takes a bit of time, so we stayed within Sentosa till we checked out.

As there are not many taxi coming into the hotel, the concierge would book taxi in advance so that at least one taxi was there waiting before any guest asked for one. Good for the guests but concierge should inform the guests. I don't mind paying for the booking fee but would like to be informed first before getting into the taxi. One taxi driver complained that he had been waiting for 10-15 min and I had to explain the situation to him.

Skirt (restaurant)
We had our dinner at the Skirt restaurant which specialises in BBQ meat and seafood.
Service is good, ambience is great and food is above average.

W hotel is good for a get-away from crowd and for a change from the usual business hotels in the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello EricSimBoonChye,

Thank you for your feedbacks, I am glad to read you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us.

I have shared your comment about the taxi booking fee with my team and they should remind our guests from now on. Apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I would also like to share with you we provide regular free shuttle bus service between Harbour front vivo city, Resorts World, Orchard Road and the hotel, our talents will be more than happy to provide more information when you come by next time!

Look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Penang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at the W for one night for an event in the hotel. W really impressed me. From the quirky wonderful rooms, warm service and friendly staff and one of the best hotel breakfasts ever, the W is worth every cent! Just staying in the rooms is a treat with its cool, chic designs. Appreciated the multiphone chargers that W provides in every room. Its a haven in Singapore away from the bustling city life. A few restaurants just a few steps away from the hotel. Will surely stay and highly recommended. By the way, the bed is so comfortable promising agood nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello Penangtravelbug,

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy to know we impressed you! Please do come and chill with us again, enjoy the room, the food, the pool and a good night sleep!

Look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Where else can you feel worlds away from the bustling city of Singapore, and yet you're secluded/isolated in your own Cove (think St. Tropez/Monaco - with more Asians). This Hotel is only a 5 minute taxi ride from the VivoCity Mall, but you might as well as hundreds of miles away as the Sentosa Cove feels very secluded/remote even.

Reading past reviews from 2012 and early 2013, I can see without transport options, this is inconvenient, but that is exactly the point. If you are looking for a hotel with connectivity and close to the Hustle/Bustle of Singapore you will NOT be looking at Sentosa. BUT, it really is not that inconvenient.

Be prepared to wait awhile for a taxi and pay small service charge for Sentosa Island (S$3.30). But otherwise, I found this location not as inconvenient as other parts of the city (including if you're staying at the Changi Airport for instance).

The W Singapore rooms are a little quirky (lights can be hard to adjust), but I had an Away Spa Room (with Plunge Pool) that was very cool. The beds are wonderful as you would expect from W Hotels. Staff are getting better than many of the previous reviews. Perhaps because I'm a Starwood Platinum Member?

Breakfast at Kitchen and Dinner at Skirt Steak (they take their meat very seriously) were excellent. Kudos to Chefs from NZ/Australia there. Tried the Spa and it is also very nice and fairly priced for the accommodation quality.

Prices while not being Cheap, are certainly reasonable for the level of Accomodations. Think more like St. Regis, Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons rather than Hilton or Marriot. Of course in Singapore there are few Cheap hotels that are of that high quality.

On the whole an excellent experience for what it is...you can't complain if you're going to choose this type of location.

Room Tip: If you get an upgrade, try the Spa Away Rooms with their own Plunge Pools.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Lawrencejho,

Thank you for your nice feedback, I am glad you had a great retreat and stay with us.

We as W constantly strive to provide excellent personal services to all of our guests; we keep seeking for improvement and aim to exceed the expectations of our guests.

Again, thank you for your compliments and we will keep it up and please do come by and let us Wow you again.

Look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!