“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Travelled to Singapore on a business trip recently and stayed at the W Singapore.

Firstly, making a reservation is quite a task as they have an In-house reservations team and an external reservations team and there seems to be a huge communication gap between the two.

The stay was wonderful but at the end of the stay I was billed twice as they had not cancelled the non-guaranteed reservation. They of course refunded the amount but you wouldn't expect a hotel of this standard to be disorganized.

Having said that, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There isn't much difference between the Wonderful and the Fabulous room categories, take a look...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello Shiringuadros,
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed staying with us.
I am sorry with regards to billing your twice, I have shared with my team about this and they will be more careful and it should not be happening again. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Hope to see you soon again!
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Initially while reading the reviews before the booking of the W Singapore, I was quite skeptical about what I should expect. Decided to give it a try and it was worth it!

The room was good, spacious and clean. Lots of quirky little tag-lines that just spells W's identity at one glance. Whatever and Whenever was excellent. They delivered items needed promptly and was always very chirpy and friendly on the phone. Good job Cindy and Melissa! Breakfast at The Kitchen Table was of sufficient range. But just a side note, the food was slightly cold despite it being under the heat lamps and warmer. The talents there were all very friendly. Loved the atmosphere!

Just a downside, while I was checking in on March 19 a female staff which I didn't get to catch her name; was really rude. Maybe cause I wasn't dressed to the nines. She was really rude despite my attempt to tell her it was a surprise party and was unable to get the second name registered. She practically was snobbish. Maybe cause I am not of a age she would want to take me seriously. It was really horrible to have to face that kind of talent. She didn't even attampt to smile or make eye contact.

But the overall was so awesome! Other talents and the whole hotel was really really beautiful. Definitely will come again!

P.S: it's a little far in the expected, slightly inaccessible.

• Stayed March 2013
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello CharleneLQL,
Thank you for your feedback, it is indeed very nice to know you had such a lovely stay with us. We as W hotel aim to provide excellent services to all of our guests.
To response to your comments of one of our talent, I am sorry to hear what happened and I have shared your comment with my team, this is simply not acceptable and we will take your comment seriously for improvement.
Look forward to seeing you again!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on Jan 1st and 2nd. We tend to stay at St Regis when we come to Singapore. This time, my wife suggested to give W a try. I must say we had some reservations given some of the comments we read prior to our arrival. However, it was a very pleasant surprise. Check-in was very efficient. The only glitch I had was I didn't get my Financial Times for my morning paper. When mentioned to Nono at the front desk, it was arranged right away with a big smile. I must say Nono epitomizes what hospitality should be. Another person I would like to commend is the door man - name escapes me now - who is originally from Philipines.

As a SPG Gold member, we got upgraded to a high floor room that overlooks the pool and the Marina. Excellent view with tranquility as opposed to the hustle and bustle from the city. That being said, in exchange, we had to live with limited selection of eating establishments. Given the national passion of eating, I am sure that will change very quickly.

Overall, we loved our stay in this fabulous property. I wish we had the time to use the facility and walked the board walk. And will return definitely.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor if you like quietness.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Ttje,
Thank you for such a wonderful review, I really appreciate your support.
We constantly strive to provide excellent yet personal service to our guests. I will certainly share your feedback with my team and I am sure it will be the best way to motivate them!
Look forward to seeing you again.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked a 3D2N stay end of last year for a family vacation. Several emails to the hotel went unanswered, have to end up calling to get through. Experience at the hotel was much better, with very attentive staff at the lobby who is always ready to offer assistance even though I did not ask! Request to set up a cot for my baby had to be reminded before we get it done though. Hotel is lovely, loved the room, the smell, the sight, though it is a little far out from all the action of Sentosa (even our 5 months old is visibly happy when he is rolling about on bed). When Quayside Isle is fully opened, I think it will be more lively at night. Meantime, you can enjoy the peace and quiet and pretend you are living in the most expensive land in Singpaore - Sentosa Cove!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Dawn T,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to read you had a nice stay with us. I am very sorry about your bad experience with regards to responding to your emails. It is unacceptable and I have shared with my team that it should not happen again. Many apologies for not getting your request sorted this was due to the high occupancy during your stay with us. I hope you give us another chance to WOW you.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Best Regards,
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Though the location could be out of the way for shoppers, if you are looking for relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this hotel is it. The interiors of this hotel is just amazing - from the sculptures on display to the ceiling pieces to the combination of couch pillows. The amenities were no less than BLISS - which is pure heaven. However, the bed and pillows were a bit too soft for my taste. Breakfast at the Kitchen Table was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Altitude 66,

Thank you for your feedback. Nice to know you had an enjoyable time with us!

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are a seasoned traveller and want something different stay at the W Sentosa cove - the ultimate in modern kitschy accomodation for the SPG group. Mine was a weekend getaway and the large rooms, quality fittings and comfortable bed linens make the experience special. It's not a simple hotel but you can derive simple pleasures like great food, great service and located on the isle, good views around. Ours was on the 3rd floor and except for the end rooms, uneven numbered rooms have views facing the road and low-rise W residences surrounding the property (its still a view). I am assuming the even number rooms have better facing. Always ask. The W's pool is sizeable with small walkway decks as features. The pool bar is the best and Jasbir is THE man - always attentive and intuitive to your needs, he would chuck ice in water melon juice (juice of the day) and serve free to folks and kids around the bar. A bottle of champagne can set you back by $230 and $36 per glass. The pool bar food is yummy that comes with a price. Across the hotel are upmarket cafe and dining options all with good views of the marina. The experience of it all makes it a true holiday getaway within bustling Singapore. A definite must try!!

Room Tip: Except for the ends, odd numbered rooms have views facing the road frontage of the hotel and low-ris...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sweetiemine,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am so glad to know you had such a great time with us!
Do come by and chill with us again!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Been to W Singapore 1st time, i'm thrilled to the sea/ yacht club scenery! The Swimming pool is damn cool, staff there is helpful... Wow Bar's is wonderful especially the cocktails. I've ordered Singapore Sling and they actually marinated the cherries and taste Amazing~~ The Fabulous Room is breath-taking, Bose surround system in room and Mood Lightings just makes u keep on switching on/off... However, the complimentary parking is kinda messy, u need assistance from hotel staff. Overall, it's damn awesome and I'm surely will revisit again.

Room Tip: Choose the room with balcony and u'll never regret it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello MoNey Yong,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are constantly striving to improve the level of service provided to our guests. I will share your comment regarding the parking with my team; we will try our best to make all our guests have a comfortable stay.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!