“Excellent service and nice new amenities in the refurbished East Wing, with some hiccups” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor

You added The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor to your Saves list
The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Bukit Manis Road, Sentosa Island 99891, Singapore (Formerly The Sentosa, A Beaufort Hotel)   |
Special Offer
RESORT ROOM & BREAKFAST
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed there the 4th time for 3 nights with my wife and ~3yr old daughter.

This hotel is my wife's and daughter's favourite staycation place.

Was upgraded to a Junior Suite 305 in the newly refurbished East Wing and given a free rollaway bed for my girl.

As expected, service was excellent. My wife left some of her clothes in the precious staycation at during the May Day long weekend and I informed the hotel that we would be back at the end of May.

To our pleasant surprise, without us asking, my wife's clothes were delivered to our room, sealed nicely in a transparent plastic bag. Made us feel like a family with the hotel.

Our welcome gift this time round was a bit lesser than before but still enough to satisfy all 3 of us.

The Junior Suite was newly refurbished and the amenities inside the room looked new.

My wife quite likes the Junior Suite as the living room is just beside the bedroom, instead of being separated by the bathroom in the Prestige Suite. Though I will prefer the Prestige Suite where I can watch late nite movies without disturbing my family.

Please take note that the aircon vents in the Junior Suite are quite far from the bed, hence you need some time before you can feel your desired room temperature. So do remember to adjust your aircon temperature early before you sleep.

The TV channels have been upgraded to use DirectStreams and they come with more channels than before. More kids channels for my girl.

Love the new standalone cylindrical coffee cabinet.

To our disapppintment, we experienced some defects in the refurbished bathroom. The lever to switch between the bathtub shower head and the bathtub faucet was stuck and we could not switch between them. For the separate rainforest shower, the temperature knob was fixed in an opposite direction, i.e. you get cold water when the knob is pointing at red and hot water when pointing at blue. Pity the hapless maintenance guy who could not do much to help us. There was also a floor tile, near the toilet bowl, which came out. Had to put it back before my girl picked it up and played with it. Guess their bathroom contractor was not up to mark.

Btw, only 1 out of the 3 hotel restaurants are open (2 were open during early May) All breakfast and dinner are now held in the open air Pavilion. During breakfast, you can see all the hotel guests sitting on the west end of the Pavilion to avoid the Sun. I also missed the Flavours of Asia buffet. Hope to see all restaurants to open soon.

Saw a peahen and her 5 young ones following her. First time seeing baby peacocks/peahens. My girl was ectastic to see the cute little ones following their mom.

Also came to know that the last free hotel shuttle to RWS is at 715pm. (Hotel Shuttles to RWS/Vivo City leave at the 15th and 45th minute mark. There is also another free shuttle to Paragon Orchard).

Will love to come again when the restaurants are fully open.

Highly recommend this hotel for your young ones. They will love the pool, peacocks, peahens and the plentiful koi fish. My girl even got to go around the hotel grounds on her scooter.

Keep up the good work!

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spent one night to celebrate my husband's birthday. The moment we stepped in for check-in, we were shock with the loud noise from the renovation works.
Nothing special about this place. Service was quite poor.
One example - I saw a room service staff outside my room and I asked for an extra shampoo. Immediately upon my request, the staff shouted in front of my face "Kenny please give this customer one shampoo!!" loudly and rudely..I was so surprised with this kind of service.
Not going back to this place. Have been to much better place in Sentosa like Capella and W..This place is not worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Lush gardens with quiet ambience and good service. Room is well equipped but kinda old.
part of the resort is still under renovation so expect some noise during working hours, all quiet when night falls. There is free transport service to Vivo, RWS and Paragon (Orchard Rd)

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Positive - Renovated room is great. Negative - Alot of work on going and closed areas in the resort. Restaurant very expensive but probably normal for 5star SG. Booked two rooms, only one ready before 6pm.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
lincs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We stopped for 5 days at this hotel, we have a little boy of 18 months and all of the staff were amazing, they couldn't help you enough, our room was cleaned morning and evening and was immaculate, it has a great free shuttle service into Singapore with a great breakfast and pool!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Quite expensive, especially for food.
Amazing spa, more adult than child friendly.
Peaceful and beautiful grounds, with large pool.

Rooms were standard, great room amenities, but we felt we were placed in an older part of the hotel, away from other guests just because we asked for adjacent or interconnecting rooms.

Great local transport, so easy to visit the rest of Sentosa and Singapore cheaply.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor? Share your experiences!