“Sentosa Stay March 2015” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor

You added The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor to your Saves list
The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Bukit Manis Road, Sentosa Island 99891, Singapore (Formerly The Sentosa, A Beaufort Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Stay 3Nights Pay 2Nights!
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Being an Accor group loyal, I chose this place for my stay in Singapore. We had stayed at Novotel Singapore and Amarterra Bali on the same trip and we could feel a big contrast. Overall, the attitude of all staff members was very rude. One of the restaurant staff greeted us by saying "No Indian food at this time"
I would not recommend this place at all. Rooms are very ordinary. Two stars are only for the ambiance and company of peacocks while having meals.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Peacocks:
While they are a sight to behold, the peacocks that roam all over the hotel grounds are not the responsibility of the hotel.
So when they come up to your table in the hotel restaurant and take food from your plate, even after failed attempts to chase them away, the hotel is not responsible for any loss.
The peacocks are property of Sentosa but have somehow contrived to congregate in the hotel premises.

As a guest, your first impression, upon seeing these peacocks, would be that they are hotel property - they are not. After visiting this hotel for the last two decades, this was the first time I was finding this out.

The Staff
While this was an isolated incident, the said member of staff, I believe to be the Manager of the Pavilion, should learn to deal with and engage with hotel guests in a more personable way.
Telling me the peacocks are not his problem and to get rid of them myself isn't really the right delivery or solution I was looking for.
Replacing my peacock-eaten meal would be standard protocol (I would assume) and shouldn't be put across as you doing me a special favour...
If i was sitting in the garden knowingly surrounding myself with the wildlife and they nick my food - the problem is mine to solve.

But when you brazenly let them walk into a restaurant within the hotel and they grab food off my plate - the solution is not to tell me to deal with it myself.

I've stayed at this resort since the 90's and it has always held fond memories for me.
This time I chose to spend my anniversary here but found my stay ruined by the attitude of one staff member who, as a manager, should know better. Even after the hotel manager on duty tried to take over the matter, he only became more agitated.

To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. Over the years I have recommended many to stay here and to even be married in this hotel. While I was very much looking to come back when the renovations were done, I'm afraid this will not be the case any more.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed once in this hotel while traveling for business. Its really a relaxing place, very quiet and exotic with peacocks going around ( sometimes waking you up in the morning) rooms are clean, food is good, breakfast fantastic. Swimming pool is nicely set in the garden between exotic trees - a really zen atmosphere. I tried the spa and the nail salon. Would not recommend it ( they cut my cuticles to the blood and i was so stressed as i am not sure what sterilization methods they have) . You need a pass to go in and out of hotel- make sure you have it with you!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Many dull edges that need to be fixed There is a great pool but no outdoor jacuzzi Their food is AMAZING! The room servicing leaves a LOT to be desired Manager tried fixing problems when I raised them

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
sandy,beds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for two nights on our return journey from Sydney to London. My husband and I traveled with my elderly mother who had problems with her balance and walking after the flight. The two reception staff noticed this and as we went to register they were already getting a wheel chair and moving our rooms to the ground level and next to each other.
We paid extra to keep one room on as our flight to London wasn't until midnight and they allowed us to stay until 8pm, instead of having to leave at 6pm which was perfect to allow us to get to the airport for check in.
Everything was spotless but getting a little tired but actually this added to the charm. It is in the process of being refurbished so I hope it doesn't loose it's character. The ponds with fish surrounding the restaurant are lovely and the swimming pool is a very generous size.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
GM_VincentLelay, General Manager at The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear chris_mSandy_beds,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It's great to hear that our Ambassadors have impressed you with their quality services that we provide to our guests at the resort. It is our utmost importance that our guests are well-taken care of during their stay here with us. I will personally pass on your kind compliments to the team.

I'm very happy to read that you had a great time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest Regards,
Vincent Lelay
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa is one of the best hotels in Singapore. Nice atmosphere, good service, very nice rooms and big, good service and the staff is very well trained and provide the best service. The area is very nice, no high rise hotel, nice garden, a nice fauna surrounding the hotel. The area is very peaceful and perfect for business meetings or simply relax with the family. A beach is on walking distance and it is very safe and almost no cars coming by, so perfect for if you out for a walk also with smaller children. If you the pool is also very welcoming and nice. The food at the hotel is excellent so need to look for somewhere else to have breakfast, lunch or dinner. Also room service is fast and the food come with good temperature. The meeting rooms are just perfect, spacious and sound proof. You can have meeting with large groups or smaller groups in one of the many rooms they have especially for this.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Shazany,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on TripAdvisor!

The hotel is built on 24 acres of lush greenery, spread across two wings and we have received numerous comments from our guests like yourself who loved the serenity the resort provides.

It is of my utmost importance that our guests are well-taken care of while their stay with us and I am proud to know that we have impressed you with our Ambassadors' service. I will personally convey your kind words to the team.

We look forward to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Warmest Regards,
Vincent Lelay

Been to The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor? Share your experiences!