My girlfriend and I went to Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa for a 2D1N staycation at Level 1 (Room 130) on 11-12 Dec. We were pleased with the garden view and everything was lovely and great. Nice pool, nice environment, nice spacious room, quality live jazz at night, good service all round.
However, the next morning, we were horrified to see 3 adult cockroaches running around the room! We immediately contacted the housekeeping department and the staff came, armed with insecticide.
Having ordered room service for breakfast just before discovering the roaches, we had no choice but to eat our breakfast at the corridor to avoid 1)roaches 2)insecticide in our food. This of course was not what we expected when we paid a few hundred dollars for the room. Much to our chagrin, we noticed another dead cockroach outside at the corner of our door.
The housekeeping staff left after catching/killing the three roaches. Tied for time, my girlfriend called the duty manager to extend the checkout time since we had only started breakfast.
At this point, I must applaud that he was polite and prompt, allowing the extension to 4.00pm quickly.
Assuming that the coast was clear, my girlfriend returned to the toilet only to be traumatized by another live cockroach falling off from the metal flap while retrieving toilet paper.
Imagine her terror, as she ran out screaming and she was disturbed for the entire day.
We called the duty manager again to request for a change of room immediately as we could not stay a second longer. We definitely did not want a change to the same level, hence we waited at the lounge where coffee was arranged for us. En route to the lounge, guess what we saw - yet another cockroach (dead) along the corridor.
The manager arranged a room upgrade, late checkout at 6pm and informed us that they wrote off the room service bill during our checkout.
While we commend the manager for his efforts, promptness and professionalism, we were terribly disappointed with the experience we had. A 5-star hotel like Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, infested with cockroaches was unacceptable! We encountered a total of 6 cockroaches, 4 alive and 2 dead in one morning.
Our first experience has totally destroyed our confidence of having a comfortable stay at Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa. From our trauma, we eventually went round knocking the toilet roll metal flaps and towels to ensure that there were no hidden cockroaches in the new room. Plus, the room upgrade seemed meaningless since we did not need the extra space.
If anyone from the hotel is reading this, I would appreciate a reply on what the hotel will be doing to rectify this problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high atop a cliff amid landscaped tropical gardens, The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor on Singapore's Sentosa Island is one of Asia's best kept secrets. It is a stylish, tranquil sanctuary with superb facilities and designer guestrooms in 27 acres of lush greenery, just 10 minutes' drive from the business district. The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa has 174 deluxe rooms, 37 suites and four exclusive villas. Koi-filled ponds welcome guests through corridors to the East and West wings. The rooms exude a luxurious and warm welcoming feel with plush interior and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sentosa Resort And Spa
- The Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- The Sentosa Island Hotel
- The Hotel Sentosa Island