“A great alternative to the bustle of Singapore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor

Save Saved
You added The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor to your Saves list
The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Bukit Manis Road, Sentosa Island 99891, Singapore (Formerly The Sentosa, A Beaufort Hotel)   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Noosa, Australia
“A great alternative to the bustle of Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staying on Sentosa is a great escape from the bustle of Singapore City, and yet you are only a short taxi drive away from the centre - better still the hotel runs a free half hourly shuttle service to Orchard Road as well as Vivo City, the large Mall at the gateway to Sentosa. I loved the beautiful grounds of this resort especially the large number of peacocks which put on a great show for us at breakfast on the terrace. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed with great bathrooms. A lovely large pool provides welcome relaxation and there are steps down to the nearest beach, Talawan. Altogether the hotel exudes colonial quality and style. The Sentosa Golf Club is right next door and you are at the quiet end of Sentosa but with the attractions only a walk away or a short ride on the free bus which goes around the island.

Room Tip: I think you would be happy anywhere on site.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a business meeting at Singapore and I choose to stay here since my business partner recommended this place. This place was relaxing and had an excellent room service. I stayed here 1 night and the food was really good. I recently recommended to one of my colleague to stay here at his recent business conference. I also had a relaxing time at the pool area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just happened to have a visitor and decided to house my guest in Sentosa.
Arrived late for check in and there wasn't anyone bell hop or concierge to greet. However, later the concierge offered to reserve a parking space for me. Nice touch!
Proceeded to check in and was upgraded to a suite room (I'm a LeClub Platinum Member)....nice!
Was surprised to see hotel located onto a sprawling and green ground. The room was excellent and the landscaping was immacutely maintained. As I live in Singapore and hardly book a hotel, I was pleasantly surprised that this property existed, haha!
Was offered complimentary drinks upon checked in. When I decided to utilised it, they were so adamant that only fruit punch and soft drinks are offered. They would not even have it changed to a latte for me. Would be great if the hotel could relax a little on this. What a spoiler!
Buffet breakfast was excellent.....great spread!
Peacocks and peahens are quite a nuisance especially during breakfast. They would come and waiting to be fed by guests.
Managed to take a dip in the pool and the water was a little warm for my liking......just wondering if the pool was heated.
I would recommend this property for Singaporean/visitors whom wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Singapore city.

Room Tip: I would recommend this property for Singaporean/visitors whom wants to get away from the hustle and...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Spent 4D3N at this resort and still wished that we could have stayed longer.
Basically, this hotel is next to Tanjong beach where you can either
1. have a good meal at Tanjong club,
2. take a stroll along the beach,
3. take a tram to beach station where wings of time is showing.

We are happy to spend the afternoon by pool or have high tea by the pavillion; and all with the companionship of peacocks. (yes, they are allowed to roam freely).

On our last night, we had the buffet at Terrace - theme: Flavours of Asia.
It was good and there's 20% for in house guest. Good deal!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockingham, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We chose to stay here after a long trip to the UK & a frantic weekend at the Singapore F1 Grand Prix.
We had a Prestige suite, which was nice & roomy.
The buffet breakfast was good, but a couple of things concerned me.
Firstly we were sitting outside, when the waiter moved a pipe-smoking man to a table nearby. So we had to move.
Secondly , on more than one occasion, one of the staff seemed to think it was OK to shoo-off the peacocks by spraying them with table-cleaning detergent .
We dined at the Terrace on a couple of evenings & were not disappointed. It has a lovely Asian menu.
The Pavillion is lovely cafe/bar. I did find however that the music was a bit to loud to have a quiet conversation. We generally sat outside where it was quieter, but had to put up with occasional smokers.
The afternoon tea (shared by 2 !) was lovely. I expected sandwiches as pictured on the menu, but instead, the savouries, were a bit too minimal - more like hors-d'œuvres.The scones & cake though were spot on.
On the whole we are glad we stayed here, but it would be SO much nicer without the smokers.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Dandenong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed 3 nights, arriving close to midnight, I was tired after a long series of flights and the taxi only accepted mastercard not visa! OK no ff points for this payment. In fact I quite enjoy finding out about these quirky things, like the fact that you have to have blank pages in your passport before boarding a flight to South Africa.
Anyway, maybe thanks to my Accor/Leclub status I was upgraded to a very pleasant corner suite, a short walk under cover past the pond with fountains.
Even though it was the usual 26-27DegC night-time temperature I preferred to sleep with the windows open and with the the night sounds and comfortable pillows I had a decent nights rest before a very good breakfast at the Terrace. Despite the hazy conditions there were nice views to the ships queuing up for the port and closer up the Peacocks and Peahens who look very well fed despite the "Please don't feed" signs.
I was busy in Singapore the first 2 days but on the day I was due to check out I planned to stay at the Hotel to catch up on emails, phone calls etc. It rained and rained for most of that day however I really enjoyed it, you can stroll undercover to the restaurants and in the late afternoon, having checked out already and with the rain still falling heavily I settled down to an excellent Martini at the pavilion which is kind of in the middle between the ornamental pool with its fountains and the swimming pool with a few people getting wet from the pool AND the rain and enjoying it.
It seems Accor have recently taken over management of this property and I think it will benefit tremendously from this. Its a great facility in need of an upgrade and in my opinion Accor are the right people for the job so I look forward to my next visit, in the meantime the rates are really quite good so grab a deal while you can, whether you are based in Singapore and looking for a relaxing weekend or from out of town its well worthwhile, free shuttle to Vivo city to catch the MRT, excellent restaurants, very good service and a relaxing environment.
Oh I almost forgot, there is at last one room number that is missing, not your usual numbers that Chinese may not like, must be a story there?

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor? Share your experiences!