I stayed here with my parents in August. It was not a good start to our stay as we had arrived early in Singapore from London and we waited patiently until check in (we sat in the Pavilion bar which is a little pricey) only to find out our rooms weren't ready. We were exhausted and surprised to find the staff so unhelpful especially as its a five star hotel. Eventually we were told one room was ready but the other room (which was adjoining) wasn't ready until 6pm! This was not ideal as we were so tired. When it was eventually ready it stank of cigarettes so they cleaned it while we went out to dinner. We came back and the smell seemed to have gone. The rooms were clean (although I don't think a deep clean has been done in a while as we found a T shirt and flip flops under each bed and the back of the shelves were quite dusty). The tv was great and it was nice to have a choice of channels. Generally the hotel was lovely and tranquil and our stay was wonderful, it was just a shame about the rocky start. The maids didn't clean the rooms until 4 or 5 pm most days which didn't really suit us as we liked to shower before dinner. We asked if they could come earlier but they never did. It seems the maids are very over worked and they could do with more housekeeping staff. Some of the staff on reception were very very helpful ( I had a document that needed to be printed out and scanned in and they did it all for me) others were less helpful. The concierge staff were amazing, very knowledgable and always smiling. There is a great shuttle service to Vivo city that we used every day and one to Oxford road too. It saved us money we thought we would be spending on taxis. Highlights definitely include the swimming pool which is lovely to swim in (poolside staff are also great) and the beach which is only 5 mins away and we had it all to ourselves! The gym is fantastic, there's a great range of machines and equipment and hardly anyone else was using it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. I do think they need to employ more housekeeping staff to maintain high standards and ensure there are no more check in problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high atop a cliff amid landscaped tropical gardens, The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor on Singapore's Sentosa Island is one of Asia's best kept secrets. It is a stylish, tranquil sanctuary with superb facilities and designer guestrooms in 27 acres of lush greenery, just 10 minutes' drive from the business district. The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa has 174 deluxe rooms, 37 suites and four exclusive villas. Koi-filled ponds welcome guests through corridors to the East and West wings. The rooms exude a luxurious and warm welcoming feel with plush interior and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sentosa Resort And Spa
- The Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- The Sentosa Island Hotel
- The Hotel Sentosa Island