20 years ago this would've been an impressive hotel, but not now.
At check in we were left waiting while a free receptionist busily ignored us. When her colleague drew her attention to us, her excuse was that she thought we were with the people in front of us. A reasonable excuse, but: they were there well before us, we were standing nowhere near them, they were leaving, and their age/dress/ethnicity made us being together hilariously unlikely.
Then she pointed us in the wrong direction, which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem at most hotels, but you can walk around for a fair while around this place if you don't know where you're going. Which is a real treat after a long flight when you've got a tired and hungry child who desparately needs to defecate.
As others have mentioned, the rooms are tired. Which you'd expect given the hotel's age. But age doesn't justify mould between the tiles in the shower. And the shower takes forever to heat up, which makes the "please re-use your towels to save water" exhortation pointless. So if you're environmentally conscious, look forward to a bracing shower.
The room had an adjoining door to another room which was occupied. The adjoining doors are poorly insulated. The neighbours could be heard when speaking normally, and I couldn't tell the difference between their doorbell and ours.
The food is typically priced for such a hotel. But it was average. This wouldn't ordinarily be a problem but the hotel isn't convenient to alternative restaurants.
Getting transport wasn't great. When ordering a taxi on the first day, the concierge confidently assured me that the taxi I had ordered was on its way. He eventually accepted that in fact I wanted to order one, and he was confusing me with someone else.
The pool is quite pleasant. But bring goggles as it is overchlorinated.
Pay a bit more; I wish I did.
- Also Known As:
- The Sentosa Hotel
- The Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- The Sentosa Resort And Spa
- The Sentosa Island Hotel
- The Hotel Sentosa Island
- Sentosa Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high atop a cliff amid landscaped tropical gardens, The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa, Managed by Acctor on Singapore's Sentosa Island is one of Asia's best kept secrets. It is a stylish, tranquil sanctuary with superb facilities and designer guestrooms in 27 acres of lush greenery, just 10 minutes' drive from the business district. The Sentosa, A Beaufort Hotel has 174 deluxe rooms, 37 suites and four exclusive villas. Koi-filled ponds welcome guests through corridors to the East and West wings. The rooms exude a luxurious and warm welcoming feel with plush interior and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa, Managed by Accor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.