Luckily, nothing really bad happened during our 7-night stay here. However, it was really a little run-down as other reviewers mentioned. For the price that we paid for (approx. US$250 per night), we should be getting a better room, amenities and facilities.
- The room came with a 40+ inch 1920x1080 LCD TV but don't let the size and resolution fool you. The cable TV quality was the worst I have ever seen from any grade hotel at any part of the world. Nowhere is as bad as here. The quality reminded me of CAM movies (movies video recorded inside a movie theater) - it was exactly like that. Imagine a video resolution of 320x200 up-scaled / up-sampled to 1920x1080. It was really that bad, no exaggeration.
- The room temperature cannot get higher than 19 degree Celsius. No matter how you set the fan speed, it was still very cool. The cool temperature was great for sleeping but when getting out from the shower it gets really chilly or when sitting in the room for a long period of time. On top of that, the air-con vent direction cannot be changed. It was always blowing towards the left side of the bed or the desk where the chair was. Every now and then we had to turn off the aircon to warm up. Once the temperature dipped to 16C.
- The toilet flushing was extremely weak. Most of the time you can't even flush toilet paper, let alone poop. To avoid any embarrassments, we did all our pooping in shopping malls. :D Good thing toilets in Singapore shopping malls are very clean.
- LOL! A 3 to 4-inch long lizard made it a permanent resident inside the bath-tub. It's not that we would use the bath-tub, just that sharing the room with it was quite creepy. I think it snugged into the room through the vents.
- Breakfast was not included with our price. When we checked in, we were told that if it would only cost S$29 per breakfast and if we walk-in it would cost S$35. We chose neither. We ate to our heart's content at Vivocity, which was only a 10 mins bus ride from the hotel and for a fraction of that price.
- The room lacked most information about the hotel and its amenities and facilities. Like for example, we wanted to know how much spa cost and if there is a charge for making local phone calls. We had to ask the receptionist for these basic information.
- Shampoos and liquid soap were provided but 20 ml bottles were not enough for 2 persons each taking 2 showers each day (SG was very hot and humid). It was only at the last night of our stay that housekeeping replaced the 20ml bottles with 50 ml ones instead. DOH!
- The light switches didn't always work. Some turn on as they should; some don't. We had to pull out the key card from the slot by the door and then stick it back in for all the lights to be turned on.
- 2 days before we check out, the electronic safe malfunctioned. We freaked out as our passports were stored inside. After a few times retrying and banging on it, it worked again. That was too close for comfort and the last time we used it!
- There was a shuttle bus to Vivocity once every half hour. The shuttle bus was more for transporting its staffs to the staff center / dormitory than for transporting its patrons to Vivocity. Not that its any problem or inconvenience, just that its quite unusual. Normally staffs have their own shuttle buses....
- WiFi was complimentary. The signal was very strong but transmission was quite slow. Early mornings are the worst, often timed out. Avoid using it during the mornings or during meal time. Could it be shared with staffs too?
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
March 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. At the outset, we would like to apologise for the lapses in our service you have encountered. We have since looked into these issues with our team and will take corrective measures to make improvement in these areas and prevent future recurrence. Regarding your comment about the TV image quality, we have talked to our vendor in charge of this technology to get this issue rectified. As for our buffet breakfast at The Terrace, we can assure you that our pricing is in line with the market practice. We are setting up a customer focus committee to look into devising a development plan to upgrade our hotel’s facilities and services based on customers’ feedback. Your detailed observations are certainly very helpful to us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you better when you next visit us.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.