This was our second stay here. Last time for a week and this time for 2 nights returning home from Paris. 30 minute taxi trip from the airport. Lovely friendly welcome by Concierge on arrival. Check in on both occassions took way too long (particularly given we had just got off a 14 hour flight and desperately wanted to swim) and bags then took nearly 40 minutes to arrive in our room! Room was large and easily fitted the 4 of us. I woudl 100% suggest requesting a room that is NOT interconnecting, as although we only had the one room they are not sound proof and I heard easily what was going on next door!
Pool area is busy but never do crowded we couldn't get a seat. Kids loved loved the slide area and particularly Joseph who my children adored and had thme dancing and stretching in the queue. Food and beverage service by the pool I thought was pricey.
Kids Club is amazing and no charge which is much appreciated. My girls asked to go everyday! and the activites including the Trapeze were fantastic.
The Restaurant and Buffets are beyond anything I have ever experienced. Breakfast was included and is AMAZING! the compnay of peacocks and a huge llizard as well as some birds added to the interest. Buffet dinner on Italian night was a great option for a tired family who wanted to eat quickly (and the children ate free!)
Interesteing choice that there is no mini bar in room. LAst time we stayed there was a 7/11 at the hotel entry so it didn;t impact but due to some construction this is gone.
Free shuttle to VIVO is great as there are some good food options there.
Overall I really like this hotel and would highly recomend it. It seemed to have the influence of new management since our last stay which just brought it up to the next level. It isn't cheap but it's so worth it :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa