“Second stay and as good as we remembered” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

You added Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Siloso Road, Sentosa Island 098970, Singapore (Formerly Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Kids stay and dine free!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Gold Coast
“Second stay and as good as we remembered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was our second stay here. Last time for a week and this time for 2 nights returning home from Paris. 30 minute taxi trip from the airport. Lovely friendly welcome by Concierge on arrival. Check in on both occassions took way too long (particularly given we had just got off a 14 hour flight and desperately wanted to swim) and bags then took nearly 40 minutes to arrive in our room! Room was large and easily fitted the 4 of us. I woudl 100% suggest requesting a room that is NOT interconnecting, as although we only had the one room they are not sound proof and I heard easily what was going on next door!

Pool area is busy but never do crowded we couldn't get a seat. Kids loved loved the slide area and particularly Joseph who my children adored and had thme dancing and stretching in the queue. Food and beverage service by the pool I thought was pricey.

Kids Club is amazing and no charge which is much appreciated. My girls asked to go everyday! and the activites including the Trapeze were fantastic.

The Restaurant and Buffets are beyond anything I have ever experienced. Breakfast was included and is AMAZING! the compnay of peacocks and a huge llizard as well as some birds added to the interest. Buffet dinner on Italian night was a great option for a tired family who wanted to eat quickly (and the children ate free!)

Interesteing choice that there is no mini bar in room. LAst time we stayed there was a 7/11 at the hotel entry so it didn;t impact but due to some construction this is gone.

Free shuttle to VIVO is great as there are some good food options there.

Overall I really like this hotel and would highly recomend it. It seemed to have the influence of new management since our last stay which just brought it up to the next level. It isn't cheap but it's so worth it :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Athena_C
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Having been to Universal Studios 2 times previously, we decided to stay elsewhere this round. Booked 2 rooms via the hotel website one week before our departure and all the larger family rooms with extra bed were taken up (i.e. Garden Deluxe and Poolview Deluxe). Nonethelesss, we got 2 Seaview Deluxe rooms which are smaller but my request for connecting rooms was granted by the hotel. We booked the airport transfer from the hotel and immediately greeted by the lovely hotel staff upon our arrival. She escorted us to our rooms, but unfortunately only one room was ready then (we arrived earlier than the standard check-in time). We didn't really make a big fuss as the hotel was really busy which we could tell by the number of guests gathering at the reception area.

The rooms are pretty small, but still acceptable. The hotel was nice enough to provide one round of free minibar and also some local snacks. We had the buffet dinner on the first night at Shell Cafe, and it was awesome! The hotel is truly family oriented as I spotted a fridge in the restaurant which provides baby food (those in jars which I used to buy from supermarkets while travelling). Though my toddler has outgrown the baby food age, I think it's worth mentioning that the hotel do cares for such details which help parents save some hassle travelling with babies.

We have stayed in a few Shangri-la hotels before and their breakfast buffet never disappoint. For this particular premise, they surprised me with cook-to-order eggs benedict, I had that almost everyday! I also took advantage of the TripAdvisor's advantage by indicating the promotional code in my booking and received S$40 dining credit per day per room. We ended up having most of our meals in the hotel and we found the food quality is good with reasonable price.

The highlight of the trip for my kids was the kids pool as it was equipped with 3 slides of different length and a waterplay area. Though we like the slides, I wish the hotel could improve the steps leading up to the slides as the surface are pretty rough and slippery, accidents could happen if one is not careful, especially kids running towards the slides excitedly. However, my concern is partyly mitigated by a hotel staff which controls the traffic up to the slides.

We brought some sand toys for the kids, but I would say the sea water and beach was quite dirty, especially after a heavy downpour, all kinds of rubbish washed up to the shore. I didn't let the kids swim in the sea, instead, they were contented with just playing sands by the beach.

Lastly, just for comparison ... This hotel premise very much resembles the other Shangri-la property in Penang, which is Golden Sands. However, we only paid 1/3 of Rasa Sentosa room rate for Golden Sands, and the experience was almost on par. It has an Adventure Zone which is similar to Cool Zone in Sentosa, but Adventure Zone admits adults, so the entire family can have fun together! For almost the same room rate, one could stay in Rasa Wing of Shangri-la Rasa Sayang, which offers complimentary afternoon tea and evening cocktails. So, if you are looking for alternative family holidays, I believe the Penang properties offer better value for money.

Room Tip: Get a Garden Deluxe or Pool View Deluxe room if you are travelling with kids as these rooms are larg...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights with another family after spending 7 nights in the City at Swissotel and one night at LEGOLAND. This was a fantastic place to stay at the end of the trip to unwind and enjoy all the activities on Sentosa. The reception staff Sebastian and Darryl were extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist us - they are a great asset to the Resort. The rooms very clean and tidy with large beds (and the most comfortable beds we had the whole trip). Great view of the pool and beach from the room and the cleaning staff were simply fantastic also (I think her name was Jin Jin - it was a double name - she was on level 4). The buffet breakfast was a wonderful spread with something for everyone and we had dinner at the restaurant a couple of nights and found this to be great value for money - kids ate free and there was so much choice. The pool was nice and relaxing and kids had the waterslides and beach (not that I would swim at that beach) and kids club to keep themselves amused. A simple walk to the end of the driveway to catch the free shuttle bus around the island for easy access to the other attractions or the free bus from the lobby that takes you to Vivo City (which we thought was the best shopping complex we saw in Singapore). We would definitely come back and stay here again as we loved it.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is our second visit to the resort, since the room is fully booked on 25 July to 29 July 2014 i only managed to get 1 room for our family, then we decided that my parents stay with their grand child and I had to stay at different hotel. Before their departure, i have contacted personally with Ms. Lena, the executive secretary hoping to get twin bed, non smoking room and near by the entrance. On 25 July, our flight was delayed and by the time my parents reached the resort it was around 9:30pm, they were exhausted. Their checked in was nicely handled by Jenny, whom my mom described as a was very nice, helpful lady and even upgrade their room and provide sofa bed for my daughter. Big thanks to Lena and Jenny. On 28 July when my husband and I personally stopped by at the resort, my parents invited us to have dinner at resort. During our dinner time, she mentioned the staffs are amazing, Thanks to Patterson, housekeeping who was very helpful, there were few times when they went to swim and the towels were wet and asked Patterson to change towels and he was always nice and polite. Pohleena at front desk was also nice. And during our dinner, we met Ella and Maggie who were amazing, great services! Another extra mile given by the sous Chef, George John. I asked if they had any french fries because that was the only food my daughter wanted for dinner. Mr George said, No they don't have fries but he can make one for my daughter and he delivered the fries personally by him self ! Thank you! ... The only thing i regret was that the resort was fully booked and i did not get to stay with them. My Family and I would definately come back here again. The resort is simple amazing!

Room Tip: Deluxe poolview bedroom are great for 2 adults and 2 kids
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Location is not convenient. It is located at the south west corner of Sentosa. Have to take Sentosa Shuttle bus to other Sentosa' attractions or Resort shuttle bus to vivo city. Taxi is also a problem. I don't see a taxi waiting ever. Guests have to wait for a hired taxi come or call a taxi in advance (extra SGD8)
Pool have three slides but no one control the traffic. In Kota Kinabalu Shangri la does have a staff to ensure no one in the slide pool then let other one to play.
Also it is overpriced, I shall choose Resort World Hotel next time.

Room Tip: Pool view room on 3/F in fact it just a garden view, no pool view or sea view. The view is blocked b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here in July 2014 with 2 children (aged 4 & 6). We had a pool view room on the 3rd floor. The room was a standard size (with a king bed and a fold out sofa bed for the kids) and spotlessly clean when we arrived. And I must mention here that the housekeeping was amazing! Our room was meticulously cleaned everyday by Joanne...even to the point of straightening all our children's colouring books and pencils each day! The pool is fantastic with a paddling pool and a bigger pool and the kids loved the water slides too. The gardens around the hotel are immaculate and it's such a lovely tropical feel. The staff were lovely, polite and obliging always, from the reception to the pool bar staff. The breakfast buffet was the most comprehensive I think I have ever come across in all my travels! The kids loved the "kids corner" where everything is at kids height so they can serve themselves. Noodle bar, curry station, fruit selection, cereals, eggs benedict station, pastries, cheeses, salad bar, pancakes, waffles, smoked salmon...you name it, they had it! The kids did kids club one day which they also loved. Would highly recommend this hotel while staying on Sentosa.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SENGM1, General Manager at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

We are delighted to know that your family enjoyed their stay at our resort, most especially our buffet breakfast selection, swimming pool, tropical garden as well as the children’s facilities and kids’ club.

We have also conveyed your compliments to Joanne and all our colleagues.

My team and I look forward to welcoming all of you back to our resort in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Ben Bousnina
Englans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Fantastic resort. Clean, friendly and great service. We chose the hillside room as it was cheaper and what a surprise to find that monkeys visit you on the balcony! Better than any sea view! It could be annoying in that you cant hang out towels etc to dry or leave your balcony door opened unattended but it was very funny and a novelty for us being from England. A highlight of our holiday for sure. The breakfast buffet was incredible, you couldn't ask for more choice. 4-6 bottles of complimentary water put in our room every day was wonderful esp. as there is a fridge to keep it cool. There is also water machine poolside which was another unexpected bonus. A complimentary bus to mainland Singapore every 20 minutes is a big help too. You will have a great holiday in a great location. Shangri-La Rasa goes that extra mile for their guests

Room Tip: I would recommend hillside for the monkeys and it is quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!