“Great location, family friendly, terrible food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

You added Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Siloso Road, Sentosa Island 098970, Singapore (Formerly Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Kids stay and dine free!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great location, family friendly, terrible food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We chose this hotel for it's location and the reviews saying it was family friendly. It certainly lived up to it's reputation with the best pools, a cute beach with lots of activities and the rooms were plenty big enough for us all and our shopping:) The worst thing was the food which was a huge disappointment. With a young son we enjoy having lunch by the pool, the menu had little variation and lacked any quality. The oddest thing was that we got a little carton of milk when we arrived and when we asked for another so we didn't have to have powered milk three days later we were declined saying you only get one on booking in. At $350 a night and we stayed six nights I thought that was mean. However over all an enjoyable stay and if you ate out perfect. Loved the wildlife that came to visit. we were advised by the staff not to swim in the beach because of stone fish. Normally this would be a problem but the pools were some of the best we have experienced

Room Tip: we got a forest view room and wanted to up grade to a sea view but it was full. Glad we stayed where...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I appreciate that check-in service by your employee Shamin. She is very kind.
And I hope to keep my girl-friend bagage.
We forgot to bring shoes bag.
My girlfriend visit to your hotel next week.
Please, keep our bag.

Name : Lee Sung Hee
Call Number : 8502 6933

Room Tip: Thank you for your room upgrade SERVICE !!! I'll be back soon.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Was exploring new hotels in sentosa, but ended up decided to stay in Shang Rasa.
We truly enjoy the exclusivity of the beach, which was cornered off juz for the guests. It gave us the personalized & exclusivity feeling tat the hotel cares for us. We went down every day for the swim & tan.
It's very convenient for us to move ard sentosa wid e buses juz down the slope.
Will love to return again.

• Stayed April 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean premisses and amieneties. Frequent free schuttle bus to mainland. Very familly friendly. Good possibilty to have tours organised from the hotel. Staff knowladgable and polite at alla times.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My partner and I were looking forward to a relaxing stay, and experienced nothing but stress and disappointment. We are Jade-level Golden Circle members, and are meant to be a ‘special part of [Shangri-La’s] family’ (see: http://www.shangri-la.com/corporate/golden-circle/membership-benefits/jade/) .

Based on our experience, it seems our ‘family members’ at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort and Spa hate us.

(1) On arrival, despite having requested a quiet room when making our reservation, we were told we had to make do with what we'd been assigned as the hotel was full. In my view, a full hotel is never an excuse for poor service. If a quiet room wasn't available as requested, I should have been contacted in advance and given the option of cancelling my reservation.

(2) When we arrived in the room (711), we were disappointed by its size, linoleum floors, and the fact it smelt strongly of mold/damp. Our welcome amenities were awful: a poor selection of overripe fruit, stale nyonya cakes, and inadequately chilled beer. Also, our bathroom door didn't close, so the romantic getaway my partner and I had hoped for was doomed from the outset. Considering the amount of money we've spent at Shangri-La over the past two years, and the loyalty we have demonstrated, I was absolutely disgusted by our room assignment. Clearly Jade members are not valued by Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa.

(3) We opened the door to the balcony briefly, and regretted it for the rest of the stay. The floors became covered in condensation that we couldn't get rid of. This was not only unpleasant – it also made the floors slippery and dangerous. We didn't bother contacting reception, as it had already been made clear to us that the hotel was full.

(4) Breakfast was a disaster. Given the resort was at capacity, we expected long lines. But the lines weren’t even the issue. For us, it was the awful quality of the food. The availability of food and drink was also poor. At 8am on my second morning, I had a pitiful breakfast of a few cold and soggy hash browns (that I scraped from the bottom of the serving tray), one banana, one pancake, and a portion of nutella. Hardly resort-worthy fare!

(5) The pool is nice, but something must be done about the practice of reserving seats. On our second morning, two entire sections were covered in towels, and their owners were obviously not in the pool. I know it is difficult to police this selfish practice, but Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa needs to implement some kind of policy to at least discourage it.

I am so disappointed that I wasted my Golden Circle points on this stay. The only enjoyable part of my experience was check-out - because I knew I was finally leaving!

Room Tip: Avoid 711 until they fix the damp/mold problem and provide a bathroom door that closes!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SENGM1, General Manager at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay at our resort and apologise for not meeting your expectations. My team has been in touch with you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our resort, in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Ben Bousnina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Hi guys, I'm going to tell you about my trip through my 11 year old eyes, so first let's go through the ups of my trip.
UPS:
People:
Manasour, head chef
John, restaurant manager
Sue, food manager
George, chef
Michel, hotel manger
Places:
pool,room, beach, and the restaurant
Best ride:
The "Mega Zip", (zip line through the air)

Now for the downs.
DOWNS:
People:
Veronica, barmaid
Kazimi, cleaning man for the 4th floor
Rides:
The "Flying Trapeze" (P.S. you feel like you are going to fall off! )
The pool's slide, way too boring,(P.S. and I mean all 3)
My review, of this hotel is that they couldn't get any more than perfect if they just worked out like some workers being nicer, making the slides faster and putting more water on them, etc. Well guys, this was fun, but I have to do a boat load of homework now, so bye, until next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: )

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was disappointed with our stay at the Rasa Sentosa. We were on the tail end of a business trip and look for some R&R and thought we would give it a try. The hotel itself is tired and the lifts are terrible. The quite area of the pool for Adults only is not supervised properly with kids jumping in on top of you and parents not supervising at all and when asked to leave the area ignored the pool attendents request. Attendents turn a blind eye and its not fair as the children have fantastic pool facilities. The F&B is overpriced and the food at the pool is ordinary, we going back to Marina Bay Sands.

Room Tip: This hotel need an upgrade the pictures on the website look great the beach is dirty and lifts are T...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

SENGM1, General Manager at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay at our resort.

I am concerned by your feedback on the service and cuisine at the swimming pool and would like to find out more from you.

May I please request that you contact me at ben.bousnina@shangri-la.com so that I can have the opportunity to discuss the issues further with you.

Yours sincerely,

Ben Bousnina

Been to Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!