We only had 3 nights in this hotel , using it as a base for stopover break on the way home from australia . Would recommend this establishment to anyone as the staff bend over backwards to help you , & are extremely friendly as are most of the inhabitants in singapore !. At the tender age of 57 it was my first experience of asia ( apart from flying through before on another trip to OZ ) , but hopefully i will return one day for a longer stay to sample the delights of this amazingly friendly place !!...... One proviso though , Just make sure your breakfast is included in your package when you book . Our travel agent ( "travel bag" of alton hampshire ) for some reason didn't offer us a breakfast with our booking , so it cost us 88 singapore dollars for my wife & I " every morning ". After consulting a very helpful member of staff on the front desk ( cynthia ) about the hotels charge for booking direct for our 3 night stay & comparing it with what we'd paid through our agent , there was a marked difference..so be warned !. HOWEVER .. the choice of food at breakfast was mind boggilling ! , & needless to say we had our money's worth !. Fruit we had never even heard of , let alone tasted before & food that covered every part of the worlds diverse breakfast pallet ..( including marmite , vegimite & amazingly considering the temperature , PORRIDGE! ).. Throw in the odd beautiful peacock strolling around the tables , alongside the not so beautiful monitor lizard slithering about & breakfast apart from the price we paid was an interesting & lovely way to start the day !. Rooms were fine , spacious , clean towls etc every day, large showewr area (with built in washing line , should you need it ) & a king size bed the size of an aircraft carrier !. The only gripe i had was not with the hotel , but the INCONSIDERATE people who constantly left the corridor doors open thus rendering the air-conditioning ineffectual !!!. Venture out at night though , because the rest of singapore especially " lau pau sat " ( old traditional eating out venue " ) or any local food " hawker " areas are a must do & along with their unique atmospheres give you a truer flavour of a vibrant destination !. Most taxi drivers are polite & are brilliant for the first time visitor , i felt as though i had a complete history of the place after my journey from the airport .. first cllass ( & most won't take a tip when you offer ! ).
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore’s only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, AsiaRooms, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.