“A wonderful experience” 4 of 5 stars

Visit Universal Studios Singapore like an insider
Skip the Line
$362*
and up
Skip the Line: VIP Tour of Universal Studios...
More attraction details
Owner description: Singapore’s only movie-theme park features 24 rides and attractions, including a pair of dueling coasters that brush past one another in several near misses in their aerial combat. Thrill-seekers can choose between a coaster where they are seated or the other where riders are suspended. Exciting loops, sudden turns, breathtaking drops and thrilling near-collisions will make you scream your heart out. Dinosaurs, lemurs, ogres and Egyptian mummies add to the thrills and adventures.With 18 attractions created or redesigned for Singapore, Universal Studios Singapore® promises an experience that you will not forget. Laughter and screams are heard around every corner, and lasting memories are made every day. Themed dining and shops are available.TRANSFORMERS and its logo and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2012 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. © 2012 DreamWorks L.L.C. and Paramount Pictures Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Shrek, Madagascar, and all DreamWorks Animation elements and related indicia © 2012 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure™ & © Universal Studios/Amblin Entertainment. All rights reserved. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS SINGAPORE, Universal Globe logo, and all Universal elements and related indicia ™ & © Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Resorts World, the Resorts World logo and all Resorts World elements and related indicia™ & © Genting International Management Limited. All rights reserved.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I visited Universal Studios on the eve of Good Friday. We bought our tickets online using Mastercard since there was a 15% discount. We were staying in Bugis and therefore took the MRT to Outram Park, switched to Harbour Front and proceeded to take the RWS8 bus right in front of Vivo City mall which is connected to Harbour Front. The journey took around 15 minutes and it was a smooth ride.

Once we were there, we proceeded to the theme park and saw so many people there. I guess since it was the eve of a public holiday in Singapore, many visitors had the same idea as us. I was a bit worried after reading reviews on the waiting time for the rides. We were there by 9.45 am and once the gates open by 10.00 am, we proceeded straight to the Science Fiction zone for the Trasformers ride. The waiting period was 30 minutes which felt like forever but once we were on the ride, we were just blown away by the amazing 3D effects.

We were already on high after the Transformers ride and next was Battlestar Galatica. As most reviewers recommend the blue ride Cyclon, we proceeded to that first. The waiting time was only 5 minutes since most visitors were trying to figure out how to use the lockers provided to store your bags as you are not allowed to carry anything on this ride. It was actually fairly simple to operate and it is free for the first 45 minutes.

The Cyclon was the scariest roller-coaster ride ever! I screamed my lungs out and had to close my eyes all the way because I thought I was going to be flung out of my seat. Nothing like that happened of course and I wished I kept my eyes open as my husband said that would be the best thing to do. Both our legs were wobbly after the Cyclon ride and had to hold on to each other for stability. We tried the red ride Human and although it was not as scary as the Cyclon ride, I still screamed my lungs out and made sure I kept my eyes wide open this time. This ride was certainly not for the faint-hearted.

As we wanted to complete all our roller-coaster rides in the morning, we tried the Revenge of the Mummy in the Ancient Egypt zone. You also need to keep your belongings in the locker nearby and it was free for the first 30 minutes. It was pretty scary to be flung around back and forth in the dark but it was so much fun. We wanted a picture of the both of us riding this roller-coaster and decided to purchase it for SGD20 after our ride. I have to say the price paid for the one-day past at USS for both of us was compensated by just these 3 rides alone.

We managed to catch The Waterworld show at 12.30 pm which was a 20-minute show that was fun and exciting. A good thing too as the next show for the day was at 4.30 pm. We wanted to go on the Jurrasic Park Rapids Adventure but as the waiting time was 30 minutes and I was already hungry, we had to forgo it. The waiting time was 1 hour when we checked again around 2 pm. We had lunch at Discovery Food Court which was a bad idea as there were so many people and it took me 20 minutes just to get my food.

We also tried Lights, Camera, Action! hosted by Steven Spielberg which was pretty good, Monster Rock at Pantages Hollywood Theatre in which the entertainers were amazing (do watch out for the timing of this show too as we managed to catch the one at 2.30 pm), saw the Mel's Dinettes waitresses singing away, Frankenstein and Marilyn Monroe.

We had to miss a few shows as we needed to leave the park by 3.30 pm. If you have longer time, do stay to enjoy the other attractions. Do visit the Universal Studios official store to purchase merchandise as it is good to leave with memories of your trip here.

The both of us would definitely visit USS again in the future but would perhaps choose a weekday that does not coincide with school holidays or eve of public holidays.

Visited March 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Massive waste of money and time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Sadly the hype worked and we had imagined a universal day out, what we really experienced was ques, lack of staff and more ques. Seeing as you are spending good money going here you would expect a decent service, it appears we expected too much. Would not recommend going here, buy a postcard and don't waste your time.

Visited January 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Not what i was expecting, but still quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Disney Hollywood Studios

General View:

Not one I would re visit as an adult.

If you are a kid or have young kids with you, I’m sure this would be a lot of fun.

The rides were very tame, and a lot of the place was for shopping.

Rides We Went On:

· Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (ft Aerosmith)

A good concept, however the ride was a little smaller and more for kids that I expected. But then I think that was the general thing at Disney, it is built for families and kids.

· Star Tours

Really good simulator, again, more for the kids, but it was very well done.

· Tower of Terror

Was really disappointed with this, I expected a really big drop from top to bottom, but it was more of a bounce, felt a bit like a bad bus ride.

The hotel and the set however was really well done, loads of attention to detail.

· Extreme Stunt Show

Was really looking forward to this, but it was rained off, so never got to see it.

· American Idol Experience

Not a reality TV fan at all, and have never seen American Idol, it was quite a fun experience though.

I think it was set up to be honest, as we saw a heat and a final, both times it was the last act and the only one to receive good feedback from all of the judges that was put through, I don’t think it was the audience vote that got the win.

· Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

Again, was looking forward to this, but it was rained off, we saw a few moments of it, but the rest couldn’t be done due to the stunt mats being wet through and unsafe.

· Muppet Vision 3D

I am guessing kids would love this one, but it wasn’t for me, and Gareth had a nap during it!

it was rather dull.

· Studio Backlot Tour

This was ok, showed good effects on the blowing up of a tanker on a small set to show us how that was done, it was clever, the rest of the tour wasn’t up to much though.

Universal Studios

General View:

I enjoyed this, but it wasn’t really a place for big rides, but what there was were quite clever really.

Rides We Went On:

· The Simpsons Ride

Really clever! Simulator roller coaster, with smells too. would have been better at the front, as someone’s head in the way is always going to take the shine off a ride like this, but was very good.

· Rip-Ride-Rockit

Looked massive, but was quite short, I liked the picking of the track for your ride, that was really good, didn’t have to listen to anything cheesy and it was loud enough to hear it even as the ride was going.

It was fast, and looking at it afterwards was really long, but the fast ones never feel it whilst you’re on.

· Men In Black Alien Attack

This would be good for the kids, but was quite disappointing. Reminded me of a better version of the haunted house shooting game at Alton Towers.

You go around a track and aim and shoot aliens.

· ET Adventure

Loved this, but we knew it was a child’s ride before we went on.

You go through the galaxy to E.T’s home planet on a ride that looks like a push bike.

Was fun, and funny. Be great for kids.

· Revenge Of The Mummy

This was another ride that wasn’t as big or scary as I thought it would be, but it was clever.

Again the set is very well done.

You are sent in all different directions through the mummy’s tomb in the dark, flung about a bit, and there is a part where the ceiling goes on fire.

Quite enjoyed this one.

· Shrek 4D

I don’t really remember much of this one to be honest, other than the line, which likely means it wasn’t all that, it was a kids ride though, so I wasn’t expecting much.

· Despicable Me

This one again was a kids ride, but it was great, the best simulator yet, you really felt you were falling and being bounced about all over the place.

Enjoyed this one.

· Terminator 2: 3D Battle Across Time

This one was different, and I liked the 3D picture mixed with the live action of the actors running around.

· Universal Horror Make-Up Show

I love movie make-up, so enjoyed this, the presenters were good humoured, and it was a rest for your legs after walking around all day.

· Twister....Ride It Out

Not really a ride, it was to show a recreation of the twister storm scene from the film.

It was funny, when the wind picks up a cow flies by in slow motion, which cracked me up. Seeing them recreate a whirlwind right there on a stage in front of you was really cleaver.

· Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride...Staring You

Oh dear!

This was terrible, it was clever how a projected image and a live actor interacted as the presenters, and it may be funny after 3 or 4 pints, or if you or someone you knew was chosen to take part, but it was a little dull for me.

Visited September 2012
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“wakadoki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

its a little small compared to disneyland but the roller coasters are completely amazing! Best place for adventures rides

Visited March 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable day out for the kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to go with the kids or without. My kids 4 and 8 enjoyed it so much. Need 2 days to do all the rides and to see everything. It was superb.