“A nice treat but only once in a while” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Joel Robuchon Restaurant

Joel Robuchon Restaurant
Resorts World Sentosa 8 Sentosa Gateway | Hotel Michael, Level 1, Sentosa Island 098269, Singapore
+65 6577 6688
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The very best of French haute cuisine, featuring the signature degustation menu, paired with wines of over 1,300 premium labels
Singapore, Singapore
“A nice treat but only once in a while”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I went to L'Atelier for my birthday celebration dinner with my family--the food was generally good and so was the service, but my parents were more impressed with the branch in the Lisboa Hotel on Macau. We had the set menu--there are several depending on how many courses you want to have. There also appeared to be a pre-theatre menu as well. The concept of L'Atelier is supposed to be a relaxed bar environment where you can see your food prepared in an open kitchen, so it's quite interesting to watch the chefs at work. However, we were not seated at the bar and I found the bar stools slightly uncomfortable to perch on for the duration of dinner at our table.

• Visited May 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Comme ci, comme ca...still needs a "wow" factor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

For me it might be the law of diminishing returns, but I have to agree with the previous reviewer that Singapore's L'Atelier outpost felt less stellar than its Las Vegas or Paris counterparts, which I have tried previously. The decor was the same, with the kitchen-front bar seating and red-black theme, the service was courteous, but there was a lack of joviality that's supposed to make the L'Atelier experience unique. When I tried the Paris (Etoile) restaurant, I saw much more interaction between the kitchen staff and the guests, which made the dinner fun.

Foodwise, I think there were too many dishes that depend on foie gras, which is of course an expensive and very tasty ingredient, but a restaurant like this should be able to make excellent dishes with other ingredients, too. Among the dishes that we had were The Crab (very ordinary), The Bone Marrow (too salty), The Foie Gras (nice, cleverly paired with apricots), and The Quail (also stuffed with foie gras and accompanied with the famous mash potato).

Dessert was rather disappointing, because apparently they ran out of the one that I wanted (The Sphere), so I had to choose something else which did not impress (I even forgot what it was now).

We ended up with a bill of about S$200 per person, which was quite cheap considering the prestige of this restaurant. Dinner at the "Le Restaurant" proper would cost more than S$500 per person, which I'd be tempted to try, if only it could bring more than double the satisfaction...

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not as good as L'Atelier in London or Vegas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been to quite a few Joel Robuchon restaurants across the globe and have never been disappointed. While we overall had a decent dinner here it was simply not on the same level as other restaurants visited before in London or Las Vegas. We usually have a hard time limiting ourselves to 5 - 6 dishes from the a la carte menu, here it was quite difficult to even choose 5 dishes we both liked. So the menu definitely doesn't offer the best variety. None of the dishes was really wowing us while all selected (tiny) dishes of the tasting menu were in the 40$ range...The service was lacking throughout the evening. While the restaurant was only 1/3 filled we were sitting in front of empty glasses more than once and had to flag down a waiter to get more wine / water poured which is highly annoying if you pay 700$ for a dinner for 2. I guess Monsieur Robuchon will have to visit Singapore more frequently to turn things around....

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best Michelin type restaurant in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Went to several highly quoted restaurant in Singapore but always disappointed by the service. Joel Robuchon restaurant is a real traditional michelin star restaurant with a sommelier and great service.
Food was great. Some of the seefood dishes were not as good as I could have expected. The foie gras is excellent though.
Price is high but you cannot expect to pay 50$ for a trully high class restaurant.
One great point is there is a good choice of wine by the glass and half bottle of wine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Extremely classy restaurant with excellent service, although slightly expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to dinner for my birthday. It was a most pleasurable experience. Classy, sophisticated atmosphere with beautiful porcelain tableware. Friendly staff. They even brought a nice cake for my birthday!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere