“'Bali' in Sg” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sentosa's premier sun-kissed playground, Tanjong Beach Club opened in 2010 on Singapore's best strip of sand. A stunning amalgam of restaurant, bar and urban escape, Tanjong Beach Club pays tribute to the free-spirited nature of a bygone era, taking its design cues from mid-century modernism and elements of Singapore's colonial past. Lie languidly among the palm trees, laze by the pool with a Mojito in hand or tuck into fresh coastal seafood. Enjoy the serenity away from the hustle and bustle of the city on the weekdays. On the weekends, have a lazy brunch while overlooking the beach or join in their iconic Sunday Smack My Beach Up parties. Tanjong Beach Club has been recognised as one of the World's Top Beach Clubs in Conde Nast Traveller's Gold Standard List, alongside world class beach clubs in Ibiza and Barcelona.
“'Bali' in Sg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

A good place to visit, located at sentosa island. Tanjong beach club provide good music, ambiance and drinks, but the food are so so. It eventually very crowded at weekend, better you had reservation first if you wanna come at peak season and weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Possibly the nastiest beach club..in the world!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this so-called "beach club" is nasty.. From the first moment on the phone to make a reservation..to the time we paid our bill..

I called to make a booking and was told that everything was full as "you have to book a week in advance" (yeah right.. It was half full when we were there..). However when I persisted on thr phone I was told we could have brunch as long as we cleared off by 12pm. Then came the shocker.. If I wanted seats by the pool there would be a $200 min spend..BUT we would have to vacate our mattress cos if we stayed after 2pm the min spend would rise to 2 bottles of champagne!! When I explained 2 of us couldn't drink a bottle each they said too bad as these were their regulations! What a joke!! I have been to beach clubs from Miami to St Tropez and have never heard such rubbish..!!

Anyway as this is one of the few "beach clubs" in Singapore we decided to go for it..and to clear out by the 2pm cutoff before mega bucks.. Well guess what? We couldn't wait to leave once we arrived.. As other reviewers have noted this place is worn down and generally just plain nasty.. As my partner noted it has a Benidorm feel from the lousy food (foie gras with kaya??) to the bad excuse for a (wading) pool to the overweight cheesy expatriates crowd... And the worst thing?? The mattresses.. Caked in dirt..and the filthy Penzance style slingback beach chairs!! Needless to say the toilets were equally gruesome and for us..that was the final straw!!

I can't say that this is THE worst beach club in the world as I am sure there are nastier examples in 3rd world countries.. But honestly this place should be closed down as it is a disgrace to a country that is as spic n span as Singapore.. I suggest the infamous Aussie brothers who own this spend a bit of time traveling to learn how a proper beach club (like Palmiers in St Tropez) is run before they try to start one!

Ps-there are many other nicer beach clubs such as Mambo...5 minutes away

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
sydney
“Tiny, Tired and very outdated.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After reading the reviews on trip advisor tanjong beach club sounded like the perfect way to spend a sunny day lounging by the pool sipping cocktails and maybe some dinner. I don't know if my expectations were too high, i was expected a modern day club resort (like the pictures i googled suggested), something along the lines of bali or europe. When we arrived we were advised that in order to get a cabana or lounge chairs we need a minimum spend of S$300 for 4 people which is not unusal however we asked to take a look around the club before agreeing to stay.
rounding the corner where the pool and ocean is we got a real shock. Day beds are falling apart and filthy. The sun lounge chairs are falling apart and the once white shades are a horrible faded grey colour. The decking around the pool is old and weathered. About 12 children at the pool when we arrived and no music (which their website advertised) The colour of the pool was literally brown. We couldnt get out of there fast enough.
We obviously decided not to stay but I'm surprised that this club markets itself the way it does, it seemed more family orientated then a day club for a younger crowd coming for a drink and a swim. I can see once upon a time this would have been a nice venue but it is in desperate need of a make over ASAP.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
thelobeholdgroup, Public Relations Executive at Tanjong Beach Club, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Elle85,

Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for your experience at Tanjong Beach Club and would like to make it up to you. We have informed our outlet manager of your feedback and they would like to get in touch with you to find out more about your experience so that we can improve. We would also like to invite you down for a round of drinks on us. If you could send me an email with your contact details, we'll be in touch with you as soon as we can. You can reach me at jeanette.wong@lobehold.com.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Jeanette on behalf of Tanjong Beach Club
Odawara, Japan
“Fun relaxed party venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Ok food by the beach, not particularly cheap but it was fun to dance, relax, wander on the sand, swim in the pool and chill here with friends. December was a little cool, so I didn't swim for long. Would be fun to return here in a warmer season.

Visited December 2012
Dear MisterPugz,

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to serving you soon again, and do pop by for a swim in the summer.

Warmest regards,
Jeanette on behalf of Tanjong Beach Club
Singapore
“Nice Atmosphere, but Overpriced and Slow Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spend a lot of time on Tanjong Beach at Sentosa, due to sports activities that bring me there on a regular basis. And, almost every weekend I have the opportunity to go to Tanjong Beach Club with friends for refreshments and, occasionally, lunch. I've been there enough that I now feel compelled to write a review, so here goes...

The Pros: The music and overall atmosphere are wonderful. It is a relaxing place to sit and enjoy the beach, whether you are sitting under the canopy or in the main restaurant area, or out on the beach chairs that surround the venue.

The Cons: The service is incredibly slow! It routinely take 20 minutes to get a bucket of beer (how hard can it be to put that togther - bucket + ice + 5 bottles. Open bottles and Voila!). The food is extremely overpriced and often is not satisfactorily prepared.

In a recent disappointment, I ordered a hamburger (Get this - S$25 for a cheeseburger + $5 if you want special "Truffle Fries") - was specifically asked how I wanted it cooked ("Medium-Well, Please!"), and then my order was lost, somewhere between our table and the kitchen.

30 minutes later I asked about my order and was told "Oh, that will be 15 more minutes" after a five minute investigation revealed that they they lost the order. When my hamburger eventually did arrive, the fries were "barely warm", the burger was "cold" and it was cooked "Medium-Rare".

They handled my request to send the food back and remove it from my bill, graciously enough, but unfortunately, this is not the first time I've experienced the under-cooked, late/slow/cold food here, as a frequent visitor to this venue.

In any case, if you happen to be on a budget (as most of us are), my strong recommendation that you avoid ordering food from this over-priced, underwhelming menu, any more than is absolutely necessary.

Instead, get a cooler and bring your own drinks and food with you to this lovely beach, and lounge within ear shot of the DJ. That won't be hard because you can hear the music a quarter mile away, and it is the best thing about this venue.

For higher-quality, better price to value, and more attentive service on Sentosa, I recommend trying places over on Siloso beach, on the road between the main transit terminal and Rasa Sentosa, like Wavehouse and some of the other beach bar / nightclub venues in that neck of the woods.

• Visited December 2012