“wonderful stay in Sentosa” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3D2N Hotel Package
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“wonderful stay in Sentosa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

the hotel lobby was very classy. pity about the "artificial" waterfall, no sound effects. comfortable sofas for family and friends to sit around and chat. the room was excellent. spacious and luxurious. carpet is thick and bed is very comfortable. extra pillow & blanket for a child to sleep at the sofa area. our room overlooks the forest area. very nice with a cup of TWG english breakfast tea and a book on hand and sitting on the balcony chair in the morning. the bathroom is wow! big with 2 sinks, 1 bath tub, separate bathing & toilet room. there is tv in the bathroom too. breakfast spread is ok - Asian & Western selection. no chef cooking omelette though. but cafe is very very very cold. bring along a sweater!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family stayed 2 nights in Equarius Hotel to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday.

The first thing that hit us when we checked-in was that we had to pay a S$500 deposit. In my entire life, I have never checked into that kind of hotel which required a deposit. I asked myself what kind of hotel are we staying in if their regular guests damage hotel property?

Our room was huge and had a wonderful view of the water theme park. It was well equipped but we were just beginning to find out how poor this hotel is when it comes to service despite being good in its facilities. As it was my mother-in-law's birthday, the hotel had arranged for a birthday cake to be delivered to our room. The cake was great but I discovered that the staff (shouldn’t it have been my room butler?) who delivered the cake had thrown away the plastic wrap that the cake came in outside the door of my room!

Room service that night was bad. We ordered dinner at 7-30 and was told that we had to wait an hour “as there are many orders”. Probably the reason was that there are no F&B outlets in Equarius Hotel itself other than the super-expensive Forest.

Another inexplicable incident happened the next day. For some reason, housekeeping cleared away the toothbrush which I had used from the vanities provided by the hotel. However, they did not replace it. When I noticed it in the evening, I called the service line but some 2 hours later, the toothbrush had still not materialised. I called a second time only to be told by an operator with a smarter-than-you tone of voice to be patient. Eventually, when the doorbell of my room rang, I opened it only to see a bellhop thrusting the toothbrush under my nose!

Brushing my teeth led to another interesting discovery. The tap in my room was fitted with a water saving device which made the process of filling up my cup which I used to rinse my mouth very time consuming. I wonder if the management of the hotel put the utilities bill ahead of their guests’ comfort.

The only time I saw my room butler was prior to check-out when he came to inspect the mini-bar. I’m glad that he did for otherwise I wouldn’t have known that they had charged some canned drinks from the mini-bar to my account the previous day when I hadn’t taken any.

I agree with the previous reviewer who said that there is a serious lack of heart in this hotel. According to some of my friends who are familiar with the way Malaysians do business and others who are Malaysians themselves, this attitude is common among Malaysian businesses. So long as there are customers, they don’t care whether it is a return customer or a new customer. As there are only a limited number of rooms, the management of this hotel would not care whether you return or not. If this is Resort World’s premier offering, I don’t want to know what their mass market hotels are like.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a one night staycation at Equarius Hotel in July and thoroughly enjoyed my stay with my partner. Room was facing the forests, which allowed a great calm view whenever you look out at it. Breakfast was great and we just had such a wonderful experience. Thanks Equarius Hotel!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent 4 nights on the multi attractions special & it was excellent. We had a gorgeous room overlooking the forest which was very spacious & luxurious. Everything is finished to a high standard and for the price there is nothing to complain about. The bathroom is fabulous with all amenities including hair dryer in drawer & TV & remote to enjoy whilst in the bath. The pool is lovely, 1 minute walk from the main entrance. Breakfast is fine, not gourmet but adequate. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Everybody goes out of their way to help you. I had two kids who required medical treatment. We were driven to the clinic by a staff member who then waited for us. My other child required a Dr to room, they were very helpful & assisted me in every way. The guys at the front were also terrific as was the very regular shuttle. It's a fabulous hotel away from the main frenzy and we look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with the multi attractions package which is a fantastic package. At check in we paid to be upgraded to a pool access room on the ground floor and this is a huge, high quality room in many great aspects but not all. The bathroom is massive and well laid out, the king bed very hard as were the pillows, lounge seating area very good, balcony with direct pool access excellent. Now what could be added to make this a truly remarkable room, there is a plastic jug and a couple of instant coffee sachets, this type of room should have a nespresso machine, there should be a pillow menu, there was only 1 chair on the massive balcony so my wife had to sit on the desk chair from inside the room, television channels were terrible with no international news or movies, apart from pay ones, no newspaper delivery and only partial turndown on 1 night. Breakfast was a buffet with usual fair but no fresh cooked eggs and limited fresh fruit. In summary a good stay but this hotel could be extra special especially the high quality rooms. The facilities at the hotel and on Sentosa are world class and a credit to Singapore that was all excellent and very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days n 2 nights and it was an amazing experience of having such a spacious and luxury in one room and bathroom.
I love the idea of a big glass between the room and the bathroom that can be covered with just pressing the button.
Everything about the room is incredible except the is no hairdryer (as the other 5 star hotel would provide)
Unfortunatelly the reception didn't explain to us about the free train passes from vivo city back to sentosa so we had already bought our 4$ sentosa express ticket for 4 persons. And as i complain about this there was no action from the hotel except "sorry".. What the @@@
Beside that the breakfast is so standard below compare to the amazing room
But overall we really enjoy the room

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The positives:
It's just right next to ESPA.
Spacious and clean room

The negatives:
Very poor service - perpetually missing concierge, small shuttle service needed to get everywhere else, piss poor breakfast, lack of facilities, management of hotel reception has to improve.

There is a serious lack of heart in this hotel. You don't feel welcome at all.