“Worst ever experience!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
singapore
“Worst ever experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

My advice to all, the hotel is not ready to serve, book at your own risk!
I checked in on the 14th March with my 2 young kids in the hope to enjoy a relaxing staycation during this march school holiday but it was a horrible mistake for choosing this hotel. There was no information booklet in the room and when I called to ask for the location of the pool, I was told that we need to take a bugi to Hard Rock for our swim.
Fine! So we went to the Lobby requesting for a transport arrange to bring us to hard rock, we were told the bugi is not available. Eventually after our swim we couldn't get the transport back and we have to book our own taxi just to get back fr hard rock to Equarius. Mind you, my kids were all wet and shivering while waiting to no avail for 20min!
The next day before checking out , we realized the hot water wasn't working when I was going to shower my kids. The management first reply was the hot water system is down and they will send their guys over to check. I waited for 20 min but nobody came. So I called again and this time they said they are not sure if the hot water system is problematic ??!! The duty manager came to our room, check the water temperature and said the water is not cold??! Gosh! It wasn't working at all and I can't imagine she has the cheek to deny it.
I have stayed in so many hotel over the years when I used to travel for business purpose , this is the worst hotel I have encountered.. And I can only say my holiday is totally ruined because of the poor service. My husband said it's not even comparable to a 3* hotel in hotel. What a shame!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

First of all, NO, I am NOT exaggerating with the title. That's how impressed I am with this hotel.

Not many people have heard about this hotel. It is very new, recently open on mid-February 2012. If you're travelling by taxi, just tell the taxi driver to head to Hard Rock Hotel Sentosa, as it is located right after HR Hotel (you will only see the sign to Equarius Hotel once you're nearing Hard Rock Hotel). Don’t forget to have your hotel booking confirmation within your reach so you don’t need to pay entrance fee to Sentosa Island.

As soon as my husband and I get off our taxi, really friendly staffs at Equarius Hotel lobby greeted us and helped us with our luggage.

The staff at front desk (her name was Ms. Herdawaty) was unbelievably, genuinely friendly and helpful and made us felt really welcomed...which rarely happened, especially in Singapore (no offence). She really took things ahead, e.g. before we even asked, she has provided us all the answers (especially regarding of what things to do for our quick stay). She even took us to our room since our room is located a bit further which requires you to take a different elevator for more convenience. We also ran into a housekeeper (her name was Joy) who was very friendly and helpful.

We stayed in Deluxe room, the most standard in Equarius Hotel. But when we enter the room, we were stunned to see how big the room was…(apparently biggest in Singapore, 51 m2). Not only the room, but the bathroom also, it’s amazing! They chose the color beige for the interior, which gives you instant calming feeling. Deluxe room came with a balcony, which face the forest (another plus points). Every little detail in the room, really meet (or exceed) my expectations. I am very fussy when it comes to choosing hotels, so I’m really happy having to come across this one.

The hotel provided 24-hour shuttle service to take you to places in Sentosa (furthest is Hotel Michael). They also provided us tickets to go in/out Sentosa Island by monorail.

The food quality in Equarius Hotel is also top notch! We ordered in-room dining on our second day stay, and I want to recommend the wagyu burger! My husband claimed it is the best burger he had ever tasted! Breakfast menu was modest, just the basic dim sum, congee, cereal and several choices of amuse-bouche offered to you on your table.

The overall experience in this hotel is really satisfying (it seriously beat my stay in a suite room in Las Vegas). It's so luxurious yet makes you feel home!

If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, I definitely recommend this place. It is however a bit far from the main island of Singapore (e.g. shopping places). So it depends what your purpose of travel.

Will definitely come back to this hotel! A++++++++++++

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the forest.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had an enjoyable stay at this brand new hotel over the weekend; it is located in the quieter and higher-end of Resorts World Sentosa (just next to the new water theme park that should be opening soon) adjacent to the yet-to-open ESPA and the Beach Villas as well. Guests are ferried to the hotel from Hotel Michael via a limousine van (comfy!) upon request. They are fast and very prompt! Overall service at the hotel is great!

The room and bathroom are larger than average which makes our stay very comfortable. Besides the usual complimentary bottled waters (they provided six!), ESPA baths salts are also provided for a relaxing warm bath + complimentary TWG teas - certainly no complains here! Daily papers are provided upon requests.

My only complain: there is no chairs / tables etc for guests to place their belongings at the swimming pool, which makes it very inconvenient for guests who are not staying at the ground floor (that has direct access to the pool). To safeguard my belongings, I had to carry my items across the pool to the deck chairs in the middle. Something that needs to be looked at?

Tips: guests at Equarius (or probably any of the hotels within RWS) also get access to the pools at Hard Rock Hotel, certainly better than the one at Equarius.

Room Tip: As construction at the water theme park is still ongoing, request for rooms away from the constructi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel? Share your experiences!