“Good hotel but it doesn't look like 5 star hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel

You added Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel to your Saves list
Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Sentosa Gateway, Resort World at Sentosa, Sentosa Island 098269, Singapore   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
PG
“Good hotel but it doesn't look like 5 star hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Overall the hotel is good but there are some complains. The thing that I would complain is the time taken for us to check in and check out which I think is quite slow. Another thing is the restaurant at the lobby is not 5 star standard at all. The restaurant only provide paper tablewares which is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. Apart from that,everthing was ok. In my opinion I don't think this hotel merit a 5 star accolade. At most I think is 3 star standard only.

Room Tip: If you are going with family, please request for a connecting room so that is more convenient if not...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Ronnie,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us. We appreciated your feedback and rest assure your comments will be looked upon.

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is tired! Great location, rooms had balcony, great for families with young kids. Buffet breakfast is $22pp... Hardly worth your stomach space.

Over crowded lobby, check in slow.. Staff have zero care factor and on top of it all, they take $100 SNG night per room during checking as a holding credit... Unfortunately, I had $900 withdrawn and now have to wait up to 14 days for it to be refunded!!!!! What a joke! Not happy!!

Will not recommend this hotel to anyone ever! There are plenty of other hotels on the island for similar prices.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Kimboz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Check in was late, only got room key at 5pm. Queued to check in at 2pm still had to queue again just to get room card. TV not working and had to call housekeeping 3 times before someone attends to at 9pm.

• Stayed November 2013
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear xhchew ,

Klang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Booked a 3D2N stay in this hotel as they are the only one (among the other Resort World hotels) that can accomodate 2 adults and 2 children without extra charge.

I am a Malaysian, so i opted to drive into Singapore via the Tuas immigration. To my surprise it was very near with less than 20min driving from there. The welcoming sign of Sentosa Island pumped us up and we just can't wait to check into Festive Hotel.

The underground car park was huge and it interlinks a few of the Resort World hotels. However, I could not find any sign that indicates the suitable parking area for Festive Hotel. It took a bit of guess work inside the labyrinth of the car park. I ended up parked quite far from our hotel. This could be improved by adding the Festive Hotel signboard. I had no idea why the hotel was omitted from the parking direction in the car park.

Anyway, the lobby was nothing to shout about, especially when it compared to Hard Rock Hotel. But it did give me a hint that this is a family oriented hotel. The check in process was smooth and in about 5 minutes, we were off to our room.

The walkway to our rooms was very nicely done, completely different from the lobby. It has a very sci-fi futuristic feel to it. My kids loved it! It's like walking through a tunnel of a large space ship, faintly lighted with bright blue light surrounding all the doors to the rooms. The carpet was thick and very comfortable to walk on.

Anyway, as for the room, it was not large. By extending the sofa into 2 person bed, we barely had any walking space left. But we didn't mind at all, as the main attraction was outside the hotel, anyway. Each room came with a large balcony, with ours being overlooking to Singapore island and Hardrock Hotel. The view could be nicer if not for the construction that was happening in Sinapore Island. However, the view of the entire Resort World resort made up for that.

Our bed was king size, covered with a really soft but thick comforter. Pillows were more than ample and they were just too comfy to let go once you hugged them. Overall, i can bet we would all have our quality sleep through out our stay and recharge our energy after Universal Studio.

The bathroom was quite big, and it was separated into 3 sections, namely the toilet, the basin and the shower. Water pressure was great (we were staying in the 7th floor), hot water was instantly available. Nothing to complain about.

The swimming pool of Festive Hotel was not big when compared to the one in Hard Rock Hotel, but it was very well maintained. My kids had a great time swimming and having fun there.

One of the biggest surprise was the pricing of the food. There was this cafe located in the lobby of Festive Hotel, which served meal basically for the entire day. One would definitely not expecting the cafe to charge SGD4.90 for a set of breakfast. IT IS AMAZINGLY AND UNBELIEVABLY CHEAP! Not to mentioned they were all made to order!

Other than that, if I am coming back to Sentosa Island with my children, I would most definitely give this hotel another consideration.

Highly recommended for family. Period.

Dear Radiikal ,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that this trip was able to create a memorable experience for you.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had an overnight staycation at Festive Hotel on 8th Dec 2013(Sunday) as I had booked tickets to USS for the family on the 9th Dec 2013(Monday). The 1st impression I had of the hotel was not excellent. I wish the hotel had its own indoor parking instead of having the parking at the convention centre, we had to walk quite a distance to get to the hotel. Being new to the area, we had difficulty in locating the Festive Hotel from the convention centre car park. With luggage and kids in tow, this was tiring. We tried to check in early at 12pm but was informed to come again at 2-3pm to check in. We came again at 2pm only to find a long line of pple queuing to check in. I go in line to check in and only 1HR later was i finally attended. It was very tiring staning and waiting in line. I wish this could somehow be improved.... I immediately told my wife that this would be the last time I came back to this hotel. Fortunately the receptionist was very courteous and apologized for the long wait. it was the holidays and the apology cooled my temper. Once we got into the room and turned on the TV, the personalized greeting quickly made me lose whatever anger i had prior. The room was great for the family, there was a king size bed, a sofa bed and also an additional bunk/loft bed for the kids. The kids especially enjoyed that. Checkout was fast thank goodness. Overall I enjoyed my time with the family in the hotel. Will probably come to Festive hotel again. The hotel room with the bunk beds, sofa bed etc is a great plus, especially when traveling with kids.

Dear FairuzMY ,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and family checked in on 7 Dec and stay there for one night.

We booked a Deluxe Family Room as my daughter was going to a concert at Hard Rock Hotel on the same day.

Upon checked in at the counter to collect our room access card, the staff just passed to me the receipt of payment and two access cards without informing us which level is our room. Not much communication between the service staff and me. She just mention to us that the room was ready. Thats it!

Me and my cousin just guessing if our room was at level 5 because it indicated on the card 05××. Our guess are right. Our room was at level 5.

The hotel is overpriced. The images in internet looks spacious but its not. Pictures can be deceiving.

Overall, i would consider again staying this hotel if the hotel's service can be improved and more affordable price.

• Stayed December 2013
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We booked the Festive hotel in RWS as it seemed to be the most family oriented option close to the action in RWS. We frequently travel to Singapore and usually stay in town but this time we decided to stay in Sentosa. We found a comparably reasonable deal on the internet and booked a deluxe family room. The room is equipped by a king size bed, a double sofa bed and a loft bed. We were very surprised when we understood that the hotel charges an additional 60SGD/night to make up the sofa bed. When you review the internet page there is no such information and you get the impression that all the beds are or can be made up without any additional charges. Eventually we did not need the sofa bed, but anyway.
The room as such was OK. It was a bit battered, dark and lacked view. However the kids thought that the loft bed was cool and it seemed that the decoration appealed to them. One strange thing was that we arrived late one evening and then there was no hot water. As it was so late I did not have energy to call and get someone to fix it and the next morning we had hot water again.
The bed was really comfortable which was very nice. The first morning we overslept which does not happen often. Note that there might be concerts going on at the Hard Rock that might be disturbing. When we were there there was a concert going on but it ended quite early as it was a baby band.
The breakfast in Festive is really bad. The breakfast room is located in a part of the uninspiring lobby. The selection is very limited and mainly directed toward a Chinese crowd. The cutlery and plates are plastic. Luckily you can choose to have breakfast in hotel Michael which is a decent buffet. Too bad we did not go there from the beginning.
I never found the pool in Festive so I do not know if they had one. Maybe they do. However we went over to Hard Rock pool which can be used by guests in Festive as well. This pool area is large and has a very nice design. There is a sandy beach part for smaller children. There are slides a Jacuzzi and more. Too bad it is very crowded. We were there in a weekend maybe it is better in the weekdays.
I love going to Singapore. I do think that RWS is a great place. I do not think that Festive hotel is a great hotel. It is overpriced for what you get and if you are not a casinoholic a few days in Sentosa is enough. For us the better option is to stay in town and then travel out to Sentosa if and when you would like to visit the attractions.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel? Share your experiences!