This is a great choice if you plan on spending all your time in the Sentosa resort area. The rooms are nice, with amazingly comfortable beds and great views. Get a balcony room, it's really worth it. Paid extra for pool view, but the other view was just as nice as it overlooked the water park.
We stayed 5 nights in July from Sunday through Thursday. It's a short, pleasant 20 minute ride from the airport during non rush hour times. We arrived around 1:30 pm and checked in quickly. No long lines and we were allowed to go right up to our 5th floor room. The room itself is very stylish and dark with your typical Hard Rock designs. We did not have a balcony, just a huge window with a view over the pool, a view of the rollercoaster at Universal and unfortunately a view of the shipping yard. A balcony would have been nicer to have.
The bathroom was of acceptable size, except the walk in shower. We're not a huge couple and we had difficulty squeezing into the shower together. The toiletries did not seem to be of the same quality that we are used to when staying at Hard Rock Hotels so we had to buy some at the local pharmacy.
One room flaw is the utter lack of storage space. Apparently, awkward mood lighting was more important than useful drawer space when these rooms were designed. We ended up living out of our suit cases for the most part. We had to cal housekeeping to get more hangers, bathrobes and towels as the room was not entirely ready upon arrival. That was ok, because we did get to check in early and they were very expedient in delivering them up to our room.
The pool is probably the best aspect of this hotel, especially if you're travelling with kids. The sandy beach and palm trees surrounding the pool really help create the tropical atmosphere and there are plenty of nooks to swim around and get away from all of the action too.
The hotel is square in the middle of all that Sentosa has to offer. This can be great if all you want is Theme park related. The location can also be the biggest detrimental factor as well. After Universal closes there is absolutely nothing to do here and if you want a late dinner you will be treated like you have leprosy unless you go to the Hard Rock Cafe. That was the only place that welcomed us at/after 9pm. Most of the Sentosa resort area shuts down at dark. The stores at the forum and bull ring were open and Vivo City was alive till 10 but all of the restaurants stopped taking orders at 9pm.
We enjoyed our stay at Hard Rock, but for a couple seeking more nightlife, I would recommend staying close to Clarke Quay or another singapore location. I'm sure Friday and Saturday offer a little more action on Sentosa Island for active adults but I would still say stay downtown unless you are just looking to do Sentosa.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel, Singapore Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel, Singapore Hotel Sentosa Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock and roll attitude meets five-star service at the Hard Rock Hotel Singapore. Breathtaking design, fashionable dining options, and the legendary entertainment experience only Hard Rock can offer make this the obvious choice for those looking for a stay that is beyond the ordinary.If unique networking venues are what you need, the hotel is home to some of the resort's best meeting and conference facilities, and indoor exhibition space. This includes 30 function rooms and one of Asia's largest ballrooms with seating for 6,500 guests. All at the doorstep of Universal Studios Singapore ®, the world's largest oceanarium and Asia's newest casino resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Resorts World Sentosa - Hard Rock Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.