“WORST HOTEL EVER!! But its still better than Festive Hotel...” 1 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island 098269, Singapore   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“WORST HOTEL EVER!! But its still better than Festive Hotel...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I think the hotel come up with a number of processes to control the bad behavior of the crowd... e.g. you have to q and register your room number just to get towels to use the pool, and they tag the number of towels you took and returned. Then there is the issue with towels in the room, each day, each room is given 2 towel... ONLY 2!! maybe it's me, but i am used to having stack of towels in the bathroom and I don't like to use wet towels... and you constantly have to call the housekeeping to get more towels.. and the housekeepers... OMG! don't even get me started.... we rang them at 8am and asked them to clean up the room and until 3pm, the room is not cleaned!!

and when called he front desk and ask the duty manager to call us so that we can provide some feedback on the hotel services, the front desk told us that the duty manager is BUSY and will call us when he is available.... seriously, they don't even want to take feedback from guests.

Room Tip: You can hear the conversation of people walking along the corridor.. can't they make the door th...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

900 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed overnight with a friend. Spacious rooms with comfortable beds (we had twin beds, king singles). The sound for the TV was a bit weird. The bass is quite high and it is not something you can adjust. The pool area is great. Lots of families with young children at this hotel, but that didn't bother us down by the pool. Check in/Check out seems to take a bit longer than other places. We had fun spending a night in a themed hotel. Easy to get to Vivocity via the monorail for some shopping too. Ask for a balcony room overlooking the pool area. Much better view than the other side.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed there for company's annual seminar from 29th - 31st July (Fri to Sun). The hotel was very new and the room was quite comfortable and spacious. However, there was something wrong with the air-con in our room. It was freezing even though we set the temperature as 30C. And the room had a 'smokey' smell. Weird...

The hotel was quite unusual in that some rooms have no door to separate the bathing area and the sleeping area. The shower area and the toilet area were separately enclosed with frosted glass and that's all! You will be exposed whenever you open the bathroom door to take your towel and clothes. Best to stay with people you know well...

The hotel breakfast was normal, I guess. It was supposed to be international buffet but the variety was quite limited. We had dinner there one night but I wasn't very impressed with the food.

The staff I met were quite friendly and courteous. However, my room mate complained that the house-keeping staff sounded quite impatient when she called to request for an extra blanket.

My colleagues who went earlier to settle the check-in for us waited hours for our room keys so I think there's really something wrong with their check-in system. Upon checking-out, my room was charged for an item in the mini-bar. I didn't know about it until quite late as my colleagues handled the check-out as well. I was quite sure my room mates and I did not touch anything in the room's mini-bar so I was quite upset with that. I think they did quite a lousy job with their check-in and check-out system.

Also, DO NOT use wifi in the hotel room it's chargeable.

Overall, I can't complain much as my company paid for the stay. However, I definitely wouldn't stay there if I have to pay for the room myself.

Room Tip: Request for a room with the pool view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Arrived a little early, rooms were not yet ready, so we decided to have a late lunch at the Starz cafe off the lobby. Service was incredibly slow. Took more than an hour for the last of our mains to arrive and wd didn't even order any starters. Quite unfortunately it was our daughters order, and she was starving. That really didn't give us a good starting impression of the hotel. I ordered the HR burger, which is almost always great in any Hard Rock Cafe or Hotel we've been to, but somehow Singapore's was really mediocre. Pool area was popular but really lacking something. My kids picked up on what it was. There's no music, which makes the area kind of docile. A world of difference compared to HRH Penang where the pool area is so vibrant. Rooms are nice and spacious, and of course location is prime, being on the foresteps of Universal Studios theme park.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Booked 1 night stay to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. I have sent an email to the hotel to ask if they have any complimentary cake. The hotel indicated that they will provide it. I have requested the hotel to deliver on a specific timing. In the end, they delivered the cake way advance to the room. This spoiled the surprise and atmosphere that I have planned. However, it is a lovely and nice chocolate cake.

We have a prompt check in, early check in before 3 pm. Generally, the walkway is dark, gloom lighting, more suitable for couple rather than for family with kids. The room is nice, with big bed, four comfortable pillow. Praised them for the cleanness of the room. The other con is that there is no bath tub to enjoy. Doors without knock, so it may not be too convenience if you are staying with friends. There is a mini-bar with all the foods and drinks. Alot of TV channels to watch.

Location of the hotel is accessible to a lot of place of interest at Sentosa. The breakfast spread is limited, mixture of local food and western foods.

If you would like to bring young children to stay at Hard Rock, I would suggest to stay at Festive hotel.Hard Rock is more suitable for adults. Live band music is played at the foyer during the night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

We moved hotels to the hard rock sentosa due to it being a very busy tome of year on Sentosa.

The whole stay here was generally very good. The food and beverage were of a good quality and reasonable value for Sentosa.

The only disappointment was that we had to wait until 1730 to get our rooms as the previous occupants did not check out on time. We travelled with our kids, one of which is a little 2 year old.... So the wait took it's toll on her and us in the end. As we were desperate to get into our rooms I don't think the cleaned them as well as they would normally, so as a result we had some bugs and cleanliness issues. These were resolved quickly by house keeping.

One other disappointment was the room service trays being left in the hallway for hours, and in some cases overnight. We didn't order room service, but the trays and left over food was unsightly and may explain the bugs in our room!

In all a good stay with minor issues, the pool is great. The bar was superb, as was the band. Worth a look if your going to sentosa.

• Stayed June 2011
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I spent Quality time together with my family, visiting universal studio singapore and we chosen Hard rock hotel to stay. The hotel located in resort world sentosa at Sentosa island, and just couples walk away from universal studio singapore.

The food for breakfast is ordinary, not so much choice, but satisfying enough. The dinner at festive hotel also good. The pool were exciting. Sandy pool make feel like in the beach, but very safe for kids.

Room very cozy, nice, bed are big, and there is extra bed below the bed make more comfort for kids. The bathroom also simple yet elegance, make me feel want to comeback for another Quality time with my family.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Resorts World Sentosa - Hard Rock Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!