“Worst hotel experience” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Sentosa Island
“Worst hotel experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for a family staycation on 8 Sep 2013 after reading the positive reviews of this hotel. I managed to check in to one room, number 448 at 3pm which is the 'standard' time for check in. I was told that the other room is not ready as the hotel experienced full occupancy the previous day. I was fine with that as I thought the 2nd room might be ready in 30 mins or the most an hour.Up to 4.30pm after 3 phone calls to the operator and front desk (who promised to check and return my call but didn't return any call at all) and one personal visit to the front desk, the 2nd room is still not ready. This is the worst hotel service that I have experienced. I thought that my family can have a good rest after spending a long afternoon at Sentosa. Guess what? My wife had to nap on the stiff sofa so that my mum n son can rest on the bed while I'm sitting on the floor typing this email using my own data connection because this 5 star hotel doesn't even offer free wifi in this 21st century. If the hotel knows that it is at full occupancy more staff should have been deployed to do house keeping so that customers can check in smoothly at the published check in time. At 5.54pm sharp, a staff sent the 2nd room key to my 1st room after another phone call to check on the 2nd room. The key was handed over without even a hint of apology. What "great" service this is, considering the exorbitant price you charge for a simple deluxe room with little amenities.Let's see what service recovery will be given, if any at all. Michael

• Stayed September 2013
294264Rws1963, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear kkhung

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of Hotel Michael and regret to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations.

We apologize for the negative experiences you have encountered during your stay and would like you to know that this is certainly not the standard of service our team strives to achieve.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the shortfall and do hope that you are able to give us another opportunity to serve you better.

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The good. Lots of drawers and cupboard space for storage. Well thought of placement for essentials like mirrors, hair dryers, personal toiletries, boiler etc. Fridge comes empty for personal usage. I love it that shampoo and foam dispensers are eco friendly refillable types instead of individual small bottles. They even have a small high window that lets in the light from the toilet to the room, this makes a good dim nightlight. Indeed a Hotel Michael design. The colours of the room make the mood joyous and relaxing to be in. Chairs are not too heavy and extremely comfy.

The bad. Quality of towels needs to be improved. Size of towels could be larger. They need to add in Conditioner. A more absorbent floor mat for the shower cubicle. Because I wanted to utilise express check-out, the front desk advises to close all charging privileges which I found quite peculiar. Hence I had to pay in cash for all my misc charges. The in-room dining menu needs to be expanded. The call centre placed me on hold for quite awhile and I could tell that the operator was new and product knowledge was low. However, she was polite and got back to me after checking.

Conclusion. 4 out of 5 stars and I will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Patrick Tunney

Thank you selecting Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael as your choice accommodation in Sentosa.

We are glad to hear that you love the design of the room as well as the amenties provided.

We have taken note of some of the other feedback and we will review it with the departments concerned.

We looked forward to welcome you back to Resorts World Sentosa in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked this via asiatravel.com on a week before we arrive. I already explained to the staff that me and my wife will bring a baby and a 4 years old and stay there for a couple nights. We asked her if we can get a 2 double bed room, but she said the room only has 2 single bed. I was busy at the moment I forgot to check the hotel reviews and I trusted they know better as they are pros. It turns out many online reviewers mentioned that they do have 2 double bed rooms. On the last minute after my wife found that info out, ti was already too late, all the two-bed rooms are occupied already. Thanks to the AT Reservation Network Pte Ltd staff that has lack of info regarding about the room, apparently they are too busy also they forgot to simply check the info online (same like me), thus four of us ends up needs to sleep in a king size bed together. Usually at home, me and my wife sleep on a full-latex king size bed also, so we do not get used to tight space anymore. Fortunately the hotel still have a baby cot, so it helped a bit.

If you want to enjoy Sentosa Island at the fullest, you may wanna stay at this hotel, not only located on a very strategical location but also nice room with great services. Some ppl may disagree with this but I think emptying the minibar for the sake of express check-in and out is one of the most brilliant idea. Guests can simply walk a bit to the closest convenient store (7/11) in order to stock up the empty minibar if they want. Only a few ppl consume the overly expensive minibar drinks n snacks at the hotel anyway, but most/all ppl do experience the benefit of the express check-in and out service.

One little room for improvement if I may add, the shower curtain has mildew smell after we took a bath, even when we use a perfumed soap. I can understand that probably the housekeeper won't notice it since they won't enter the shower room right after someone took the bath there and wet the shower curtain. So, before the curtain got mildew spots later, I would suggest several chlorinated sprays to the curtain, especially the inner side, will simply do the job. This is just a little input for the hotel, so next time hopefully next time we don't have to smell that anymore. We will definitely come back to the hotel indeed!

Did I mention the bed is comfortable, they are not springy like those conventional spring bed. It actually absorb movements almost like full-latex bed. Thumbs up to that!

Room Tip: If travel with kids in a room, please request the 2-bed room instad of 1 king sized
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
294264Rws1963, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Dendy74

Thank you for choosing to stay at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael and for taking the time to provide feedback about for recent stay. Hotel Michael do have 2 super single bed in some of the rooms.

Thank you very much for understanding our reason for not have any items in the mini fridge in the rooms.

I have dropped you a private message and would appreciate if you could reply to me so we can reticfy the faults in the bathroom.

We apologize for any shortfall in our service and look forward to welcome you to Resorts World Sentosa in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was surprised by an upgrade to their deluxe premier upon checked in which brought great joy to my parents! Thank you Hotel Michael for making our stay so wonderful and the staff at the reception was very friendly. The only setback was the breakfast, crowded and noisy with TA groups. Overall experience was great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear TMY13

Thank you for choosing Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael as your choice accommodation in Sentosa.

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and have forwarded your complimentary to the team at the reception counter.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Shangri La for 4 nights and picked up a deal at this hotel for 2 nights, we hated it. They didn't stock our fridge with any thing, didn't stock up our toilet paper after our first nights stay, no internet, my wife tried logging on after we were told we had to pay for it, it still wouldn't work and when we rang front desk the girl said that she would send some one up....no one came so we refused to pay for the internet. Next day went to the pool area NO TOWELS...which 5 star hotel has no towels by their pool area? so we went to the lobby and asked for some towels , we were told that house keeping would bring them up to the pool area for us....no one showed up, we rang the lobby after waiting for 15-20 minutes we were told the same thing and once again no one showed up so we went to the hard rock hotel pool which you are allowed to do as it is one resort. The staff are friendly but do not follow through with what they promise, the only positive of this hotel is its location, near Universal Studios (walking distance) and many shops and restaurants and food outlets. Trust me spend the extra cash and go to Rasa Shangri La resort we loved it. This hotel Michael IS NOT A 5 STAR RESORT.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear WorldTraveller_1974

Thank you for choosing to stay at Resorts World Sentosa-Hotel Michael and for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay.

We regret to learn that the level of service that you received during your stay did not live up to your expectations .

We hope that you can give us another opportunity to display our usual service standard. I have dropped you a private message and hope to hear from you.

Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fast check in, hassle free, hotel is superb, location is great because There are many attractions in this island. Great service from the front desk officer, free train tickets were given to go to Vivo City for 3 days, quality of the hotel is great! I loved every bit of it and would highly recommend this hotel to visitors to Singapore

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Scrooge M

Thank you very much for choosing Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael as your choice accommodation in Sentosa.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Jurong, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The surprise I got when I turned the TV on in the room! It said ''welcome Mrs besterwitch''.. what a thoughtful personal touch that was!!
The rooms were big n we had a gud view of the merlion from our window!
Don't miss the buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant.. its was amazing n ul b spoilt for choice..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
294264Rws1963, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Gillian

Thank you very much for choosing Resorts World Sentosa-Hotel Michael as your choice accommodation in Sentosa.

We are delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Michael

Been to Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael? Share your experiences!