“Just average, and location is the worst among the rws hotels” 3 of 5 stars

Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island 098269, Singapore   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore
“Just average, and location is the worst among the rws hotels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just stayed there 3d2n with the family. Location wise was quite horrible for a staycation as there's no connecting carpark and it is definitely the furthest hotel from the main attractions compared to the other RWS hotel.

When we check-in, we asked if it was a double bed which we indicated when we booking the hotel online in early May, but we were told by the check-in desk that it is not guaranteed and they will try their best?!

Room was new and pretty standard, nothing exciting for the kids. Pool was the smallest compared to festive and hard rock hotel (biggest among the 3). Will definitely try festive or hard rock if I am going to RWS for staycation again. We requested for additional towel as we are bringing the kids for a swim but was told they give a max of 2?! Asked for more water, and there's a max of 4?! Compared to our time in MBS, the service here is really worst of. Also, we found the cleanliness questionable as we found bedsheet, pillowcase and towel stained.

Room Tip: Better email them to ask if they can really give you double / king bed which you want
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Booked a staycation with 2 connecting rooms. Their King-sized bedroom comes with a daybed, while the twin-sharing room comes with 2 super-single beds. Rooms are spacious. The best part is the rooms smells OK, without the strong musky smell of the other RWS hotels like Festive Hotel and Hard Rock Hotel. The cafe where breakfast is served is not as crowded as the cate at Festive Hotel. The only downside is the tiny pool of Hotel Michael.

Our package comes with attraction tickets to USS, Adventure Cove and SEA Aquarium, and also daily breakfast for 2 adults. Great value for money for the price I paid.

Xi'an, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

THIS IS NOT A 5-STAR HOTEL!!!!
We were super excited for our stay at Resort World Sentosa Michael Hotel. Check in was fast and easy and the staff was friendly. The room was small, but beautifully decorated, and I loved the mosaic-patterned tiles in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, likewise the pillows. The monorail around the Sentosa is very nice and runs very frequently. The entire grounds were BREATHTAKING. Lovely landscape, the theme parks and attractions are fantastic, and all within walking distance. Lots of dining options. Check out was super fast. I would be willing to stay at another hotel on Sentosa, but not Hotel Michael.

THIS IS NOT A 5-STAR HOTEL!!!!
The room’s temperature is set to 21 degrees and you can turn it up but not down. Every night I woke up hot and sweating like crazy. Bearing in mind that Singapore is a tropical county and it was the middle of June. WE were very hot & miserable!!

House-keeping made up our bed AND THAT WAS ALL THEY DID!!!.
*The trash (cookies wrappers & juice bottles) left in the room
*Dirty glasses that we used were left on the desk
*Shampoo bottles in the bathroom were empty (after just one use so that goes to show they were practically empty when we got there)
*Iron was left out on the floor
I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE CONDITION OF THE ROOM WHEN WE GOT BACK IN THE EVENING!!!

No computer / work desk is in the room. There is a vanity table, that could double as a work desk, but the chair is to low for you to comfortable work on your computer.

The “balcony” is almost nonexistent!! You cannot turn on it…you can just step forward onto it and then step backward to get back into the room. It was the width of my feet!! And it was FILTHY!! I can say with confidence that I don’t think it has been cleaned since the hotel opened. It had mounds of dirt and hair and the curtains were dirty and gross.

Although they are not the only hotel to charge for Internet service, it’s ridiculous to pay the equivalent of USD $50 to get Internet access for 24 hours!! ON ONLY ONE MACHINE. That means if I wanted to have it on my computer and my son’s computer I would need to pay USD $100 per day…. that’s RIDICULOUS!!!

No newspaper was delivered to the room as advertised!

There were no movie channels BUT movies had to be bought at an exorbitant fee each.

Lots of restaurant but they all close at approx. the same time- 10 pm.

Room Tip: I just booked a room...didn't ask for anything special
Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Location ist very near from 2 Monorail station ca 5 minutes walk & bus stop in the basement .
Also the entrance for Universal Studio is nearby. Room was good but so many drawer , bed is very comfortable but no bathtub in the toilette .Breakfast was everyday same .Very small pool.
We book through Asia travel package accommodation incl USS , SEA aquarium & Adventure Cove ticket was value for money

Room Tip: Choose non smoking floor for better airflow
Lochen, Oberosterreich, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I thought that this Hotel will be great because of the good reviews, but now I have to write about the things that happened there. The room was very nice (0621) and the bed was very relaxing. I took a shower there and put the temperature to low and after one minute I jumped out because the water became more than 60 degrees. It was not only in my room, also my business colleagues had the same problem. In the morning Iput the temperature of the air condition to 22 degrees and on the evening when I got back it was very cold there about 17 degrees. They changed this every day. You also have to pay for WiFi SG$ 5,- for one hour, SG$16,- for four hours and SG$ 30,- per day. The problem with the WiFi was that the datarate was so low that you were not able to make a Skype-Video Call. Also a normal call had connection problems. I reported this to the hotel and they said they will fix it, but they didn't. Also the breakfast for SG$22,- was a joke I think. I came there and there was no bread. After 15minutes the next load of bread came and the food there wasn't very spectacular for this price. How many stars do they have 1 or 2? No they have 5!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed last May 22-24, 2013. Check-in was efficient. Take note of the official check-in time of 3pm. You can just leave your luggage with them and explore the resort, or you can go to nearby Vivo City. Be sure you have a printed copy of your booking confirmation to avoid paying the resort entrance fee.

The hotel in itself is good, but not the best. The lobby has no chairs, lounges for waiting (HardRock and Festive Hotels have better lobbies). I booked a non-smoking room, but it has a somewhat foul smell upon entering (I cannot help but compare how good smelling Shangri-la rooms are). We were given a room towards the very far end. It was very very far from the elevator, that you just want to crawl to reach your room at the end of a long day spent walking around Singapore and the resort. We did have a nice view of the Lake of Dreams show at night, so we did not have to go down.

They have an approachable and efficient staff. Room service is efficient as well and food is good. Location is really good. Nearest to Universal, the Forum and everything else. And since RWS is an integrated resort, it is easy to go to the other hotels, Festive and Hard Rock. You can check them out and even use their facilities since you are a guest in one of their hotels. Explore. Explore. Explore. There are so many great things to see around the resort. So many artworks (Romero de Britto, Roudin's The Thinker, Fernando Botero's Adam & Eve at the entrance of Hotel Michael and Michael Graves' furnitures and artwork. Don't forget to check out the Michael Graves store (if you are the artsy type) and Palio Italian Restaurant (if you get tired of the Asian food fare around the Forum). In the end, it doesn't really matter which hotel you stay in.

One big downside? There is no complimentary wifi! Really? Almost all less expensive downtown hotels in Singapore have free wifi. But you're not really there to use the net are you? Still, you want to be able to access the net anytime you need to.

As for the price? As much as I would like it to be less expensive, you are after all staying a hotel which is an ode to the resort's main architect and designer Michael Graves, with access to one of the best integrated resorts in Singapore. So I still recommend that you stay at least a night or 2 in RWS when you are in Singapore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family (two families) and I would like to extend our gratitude to one of the counter staff, Mr Sebastian, on our recent 2D1N staycation at Hotel Michael on 1 June 2013.

Upon checking in, we requested for a joining rooms which are also smoke-free as we have young kids on board. Mr Sebastian had professionally told us to choose level 5 over level 3 which we are truly appreciative. In addition he told us that due to a high volume of people staying at hotel Michael, he cannot assure us that he could get a joining room for us but that he would try his best. He would also try to get one of the two rooms ready when I was disappointed that we need to wait an hour for the rooms to be ready. At the same time, we also requested for additional bed for my mum. Mr Sebastian offered advice that the twin beds are quite big and told us to check out the beds as we may not need it.

True enough, the beds are big and we do not need additional bed, saving us the additional money. He also delivered all his promises; joining rooms, ready one room in less than 30mins, non-smoking smell rooms. All these came as a pleasant surprise for us. Throughout my 15 minutes at the counter, not only did he offer advice, he was very patient throughout and always carry a smile. He makes our families' first staycation at Hotel Michael a very pleasant stay.

Thank you, Mr Sebastian. My family and I are truly touched by your passion, patience and advice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael? Share your experiences!