“Major Plus Point - Its Location” 3 of 5 stars

V Hotel Lavender
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Jellicoe Road, 208767, Singapore   |
Ranked #152 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Major Plus Point - Its Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

It is situated above the Lavender MRT Station EW Green Line. Same line as Changi International Airport MRT, Bugis MRT Station (Bugis Street - for affordable buys and cheap eats), City Hall MRT Station (shopping area) and Chinese Garden MRT Station (A "park" with wonderful Chinese gardening art, and connected to the adjacent Japanese Garden by a bridge. Admission : FOC).
You will not go hungry with the many eateries within steps from the hotel - 24 Kopitiam, Wendy's and many other stalls.
Room is not big but adequate.
However, a lingering "smoke" smell seems to greet me whenever I enter the room.
Check out was very fast maybe due to the fact that they do not supply food in the mini bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Recently, I’ve visited Singapore, there were three of us. Hence, I’ve booked a room for 3 of us in V Hotel in Lavender. It has a convenient location, right next to the MRT station.
We got in early, our intention is to check in and leave our bag at the hotel while we head out to wonder around. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a trainee; she informed us that if we would like to check in early, we were charged additional $30 for early check in. We agreed with the payment. When I requested 3 access door card, she have an attitude problem she said she can only give out 2 access card. She informed me when the third person arrived at the hotel, that person will need to go up to the desk and request for the card with my name.
The cons of the hotel is that there are always a lot of people that is around the lobby, the luggage which was left with the porters are displayed on the metal rack right in front of everybody, there isn’t much security. The biggest thing that bugs me, there is an overpowering scent in the lobby, I disliked it.
Our hotel room is a bit cozy for three of us. The bathroom is very small, especially the shower there is no room for arm bending action, whenever I bend my arm it switches off the shower. I reckon it’s build for short arm person. The bathroom sink leaks.
I don’t think I will return to this hotel anytime soon unfortunately.

Spring Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel has good location , which is exactly above Lavender MRT station , 1 stop to bugis junction, have a lot of restaurant and a money changer below the hotel. Quiet and clean room.
But the AC in room 1202 is broken so I cant set the temperature. I called the staff , they came 3 times and still could not fix it. They gave me another room (1305) which has better AC . The AC is a bit noisy so bring ear plug if you are light sleeper like me. But the noise is light , not severe. Room was clean , amenities were good. Just the perfume on lobby is too much...

Room Tip: check first whether the Air con temperature can be set up, dont get a room that near elevator becaus...
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel was suggested by my friend who has been staying there for business trip. It's certainly very convenient as there's the Lavender MRT station right next to it & a mall with lots of eating outlets around it but the hotel room is just too small even for twin sharing! We paid like MYR440 (included tax) for 2 person sharing which is rather expensive & there's no free Wifi in the room & no view from the window in our room, how disappointing! Thank goodness the bed is pretty comfortable! :)

The hotel occupancy is very high as it's filled with tourists from travel agencies so please be prepared you might need to wait a lil while for the elevator!

The swimming pool looks good but as it's well hidden between 2 blocks of buildings, so you don't get exposure to the sun much & thus meaning the water is very cold!

If it's not for the convenient sake, I don't think I would wanna stay there again! ;/

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room facing the main road instead of the hotel rooms
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My partner & I stayed her last week, it is a fairly new hotel, so everything is still nice and clean and sparkly. Rooms were small however were fine to get about in, lovely and air-conditioned and thick 'black-out' curtions (make sure you set an alarm because it is easy to sleep in not knowing it is day light outside). The staff are friendly and were always happy to help and great views from our 11th floor room. Buffet breakfast wasn't anything special for the price, however if you couldn't be bothered travelling for your breakfast, then it does the job. The location is great, right on top of the MRT station, and also on top of a good little food court with an amazing iced tea place that I highly recommend!!! All in all it was a lovely place to stay, and loved buying beers from the store downstairs and relaxing by the pool. And they offer free wifi - Highly recommend!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for city views on a higher floor (11th was good) Ask for free Wifi
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

When in Singapore on business, V Hotel Lavender is very convenient...literally on top of the subway station by the same name. It makes it easy and inexpensive to take the subway from the airport directly to the hotel. On my last trip a week ago, I only had a little more than an overnight, but chose to get a good night's sleep at more than half the price of the airport hotel.

Internet was not included, which is irritating and expensive. Some of the cheapest hotels in Singapore include internet!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice this year - all for concert trips in Singapore. So easy to access by train, the hotel is on the top of Lavender MRT station. The room was small but very clean, the service was okay. It is recommended for one-night trip with spouse or friends.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to V Hotel Lavender? Share your experiences!