“Family budget hotel with excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

V Hotel Lavender
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Jellicoe Road, 208767, Singapore   |
Ranked #145 of 306 hotels in Singapore
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Family budget hotel with excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

A family budget hotel with excellent location to MRT station at Lavender. Easy to travel, clean & neat room, excellent service assistance, easy to find food & sufficient space for 2 persons. Worth the price for hotel in Singapore.

Room Tip: Book early as this is a very favourite family budget hotel in Singapore, especially for Indonesians.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,723 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent our holiday at this hotel.
Room is small but it's enough for us.
We can put the luggage near the window.
We can go down to find a lot of food
MRT just below the hotel.
All staff is helpful and good price.

Room Tip: Maybe can choose another air freshener fragrance
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

V Hotel Lavender is a very basic hotel. There's nothing wrong with it, but nothing exciting either. Rooms are very small. The shower in mine was 70cm x 80cm, so I kept turning off the tap just by moving around!
Don't bother with the breakfasts: the restaurant and food stands downstairs are much more fun.
Surprisingly nice pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is too crowded, I think. Many rooms contains of 5-6 persons in it, that's make terrible noise. When we stayed there in the end of June, more than 10 persons make a choir in the room, right in front of my room at 12 midnight ! Singing several songs, in full power voice! When the staff asked them to stop, they said they have to practice for the singing competition. Come on, choir practice in the midnight? In the room of 4stars hotel? However, the staffs must check the maximum capacity in the room.
The room itself is very small, almost no space in it. The good thing is, some food stall are close with the hotel. Wendy's, Old Chang Kee, Kopitiam, and others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed one night at V Lavender on route to our Bali trip. I was participating in the Sundown marathon and was looking for a hotel close to the start-finish point near Marina bay. Given the excellent subway-network, we selected V Lavender for its proximity to the subway. Although the room was clean and ours had a good view, it was extremely small. Each floor had some 50 shoe box size rooms, so it took us some time to locate it. At any given time during the day, the lobby resembled like a train station with bus-load of tourists checking in and checking out. I have never seen such a big queue at the front desk in spite of it having five check-in counters. There is a food court in the hotel (not part of it) building and lots of fast-food eateries around it. It is a utility hotel and good for one night stay, but would not recommend for longer stay for vacation. Internet is not free and they charge SGD 10 for a day.

Room Tip: Take higher floor with view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Coolangatta, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It is what it is. Budget, safe stopover for travellers. Rooms & Bathroom very small but we knew this beforehand so were not shocked. Room clean, staff friendly & helpful and got a great sleep before the long haul flight to Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Safe and clean. Location was brilliant but room was a bit small. If you look at the overall value for money I think it was well worth our stay especially for a hotel in Singapore.

I booked this hotel with agoda.com after looking through the review from others.

To get there: We used the metro which was cheap and right on top of the hotel. It was easy to change trains even with our bags and the training were not crowed going to the hotel from the airport. It cost $SG2 to get there. You can also get a tourist card for $20 which enables you to travel on most forms of transfer for 3 days for free. But I really think it would be cheaper depending on how much travelling you doing to buy an EZ card but you can decide. You can buy the tourist card at the airport. There is a lift near the subway that takes you to just outside the hotel.

Tip: I bought my tickets to Universal studios and the Singapore flyer from the airport, they offer you tons of combo specials. I would suggest going and visiting them as buying the tickets will cost you more individually bought.

The room was a bit small but not too bad. We stayed on the 12th floor. The room size was not much of an issue for us as we only used the room to sleep and have a shower. The showers are small but big enough for the average person. The pool looked fantastic but were we so tired touring we never had time to use it. There are tons of food places at the bottom of the hotel. There is a brilliant bakery that has the best doughnuts and cheap as well. There is also Wendy’s and another 24hr food place at the bottom. I would recommend having bf there. There is always people walking around and it was safe enough for me when I used to return at around 11pm to the hotel.

We were leaving late on Sunday night from the hotel. I did email the manager to confirm my booking before and ask if they stored baggage for customers. This email was promptly replied too compared to some other hotels I had sent emails to. When I got there I was shocked to see how many bags they do store for guess. This is a tourist hotel by all definition. The lifts are always full with people moving in and out. Our bags and valuable were returned to us safely when we did collect them, so I cannot fault their system.
The safe in the rooms were great and the baggage placement area I thought was brilliant. There is a 7-11 downstairs as well.

Touring: we booked most of our tickets at the airport but there was a concierge desk at the hotel. Universal studios were brilliant. Make sure you arrive early else the lines will become very long. Transformer ride was the best but most of the rides were great. There is a fireworks display on Saturdays. The Santos island light show was a bit disappointing. Makes sure you arrive early and buy your tickets early as well. We got these with the combo at the airport. The Singapore flyer I would recommend viewing at night as during the day it was not so brilliant. Oh, don’t forget to get an ice-cream sandwich when you go to see the Merlion. The sandwich was my other big hit for me.

To get back to the airport, you can use the subway. We did notice the first train that stopped that was a bit full, but we waited for the next one and that had place for us and our bags. This was a quick and easy way to get to the airport.
I have a self tour guide that I did for Singapore, if you want a copy, I will gladly send it to you.

Have a great trip, and I hope this information helps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to V Hotel Lavender? Share your experiences!