“Good for business/solo travellers.” 3 of 5 stars

V Hotel Lavender
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Jellicoe Road, 208767, Singapore   |
Ranked #146 of 306 hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Good for business/solo travellers.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Lavender for nearly a month when I first moved to Singapore, as it was booked by my company. It's a very modern corporate style hotel, above the MRT station - very conveniently located for first-time visitors to Singapore, but somewhat lacking in charm and character. As noted by other reviewers, the rooms are pretty small - mine was fine for one person, but would have been crowded for two. The rooms were adequately furnished, but an additional mirror and bedside light would have been nice!

The staff were mixed - a few were very friendly, but the front desk were not particularly helpful - when I attempted to adjust my booking I was told they couldn't help and I had to instead phone a sales manager. Laundry was also exorbitant.

Still, on the plus side the pizzeria isn't bad (if expensive compared to the much cheaper Asian foodcourt below), and the pool is lovely.

The streets immediately around the hotel are pretty dull, but Arab st is about 15mins walk away, and Bugis another 10mins from there (or one stop on the MRT); Little India is a short bus journey, and it's only about 15mins on the MRT to get into the centre of the city.

All in all, I'd recommend this as a convenient and reliable option, but if I was travelling for pleasure I'd be looking to stay somewhere a little less anonymous.

Room Tip: 50% of rooms look inwards at the pool and rooms opposite - I'd suggest requesting a room looking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

1,720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Advantage is the location, but the rooms are really small and the bathroom even smaller. Service is poor be it at the reception or room service. It was expensive for the room of that size. But I used MRT to travel within Singapore and since the hotel is just above the lavender station it was convenient,

Overall it was just average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We just finished a cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore on Royal Caribbean lines. The hotel was easy to get from the cruise ship terminal with Metro. The check in at the hotel was fast, efficient and friendly. As I was walking in the lobby, I was fortune enough to meet the Guest service manger. He was very nice to us gave us some tips of where to visit in Singapore and nice places to eat.
The room was as nice as any other hotel I stay in the orient. After Singapore, we went to Shanghai China and surrounding area for a week. All hotels in HK and China we stayed at were 4 to 5 stars and I think this hotel is about the same. I think all hotel rooms in the orient are smaller than in North America but if your there to site see how much time do you spend in the room? Breakfast was good as always ate to much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here for a night on a business trip. I know rooms are expensive in Singapore but the room I stayed in was literally a box. In the shower in the morning I couldn't even wash my hair without banging my elbows off the wall. It may be a good location, but really it is uncomfortably small.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

First of all the rooms are tiny!! can't find a place to open my luggage!!

There were only two towels in the bathroom, so i called the service n ask for more towels, but she didn't understand what i said!! (gosh, i thought the singaporean are good or ok in English or am i wrong?)

Please do NOT take the elevator in the morning, coz it will stop at every single floor, staff are trying to push in even its full loaded!!

Apart from the hotel is closed to mrt, i don't see any point of staying in this hotel ever again!! (i think is a kinda 3 stars hotel only, not 4)

sumella
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice now; once just us and once with a set of grandparents. The location is very handy to Little India and Mustafa Centre where we usually spend most of our time. The staff were always polite, courteous and friendly what ever the request be. The triple room had a lovely view of the Kallang River, great firm beds and everything was tidy. We would love to stay here again when we visit Singapore. So far this hotel is the best place we have stayed in Singapore for value and comfort at the same time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Picked this hotel to stay at on our stop over prior to our wedding in Bali. This hotel had plenty of sound reviews & yet it did not reflect this whatsoever.

Upon arriving the porter / door men barely bothered to look sideways. We practically had to open the door ourselves. They stood there looking & craning their necks to check females out but lacked the service that most people who travel are familiar with.

After finding our room we were literally shocked at the size. We are well aware of small rooms in Singapore but this was tiny.

The smell was like someone let off 40 flea bombs in a room the size of a toilet & shut the door for a month. We had no choice but to keep the door open for hours until we had to close it to sleep.

We paid for internet & it did not work 4 times. We proceeded to go down to reception to try to resolve it for the second time only to be told by the rude staff that this was the last time they would do it & next time they would charge us again. Check your system we never even logged on! Height of rudeness.

Never would stay here again. Not even if it was free.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to V Hotel Lavender? Share your experiences!