“Great economy hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kiwilodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cebu Island
Kiwilodge Hotel
You added Kiwilodge Hotel to your Saves list
1060 G. Tudtud Street | Mabolo, 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #58 of 193 Hotels in Cebu Island
Priest River, Idaho
“Great economy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stayed 4 nights on 2 different occasions. A great hotel as far as I am concerned. The "hotels" that are listed for American travelers and nothing but thieves. One advertised P1800 but once there they wanted $100. The Kiwi gives what they advertise and are great people. I will definitely stay there again. Hopefully soon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

We had booked this hotel for a 10 night stay over the internet. I recieved a confirmation email, but when we showed up they had no record of our booking on their computer. Anyway, I was taken to the top floor of a construction zone and shown a room that left me feeling quite shocked. It was clean enough but very outdated and there were no handrails up the steps and exposed reinforcing rods sticking out dangerously all over the place. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they even called me a taxi and tried to book us into other hotels over the phone. I guess you buy cheap, you get cheap.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Laguna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I tried to do reservation thru phone with Kiwi, I told them we're staying for almost a week, approx 10 pax, then, the receptionest didn't bother to ask my name, instead she asked what was my nationality and when I said I am a Filipino, they suddenly told me that they are fully booked!!!

Disgusting!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
kiwilodge, Owner at Kiwilodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Dear Madam
We have just been made aware of your comments on trip advisor
Just a quick note to say that we have thousands of filipinos staying at Kiwilodge and have never had a problem like this before.
We have had a problems with being overbooked at times and we have recently built additions which we hope to have open before next year.
My apologies if you were offended but please realise that we are constantly receiving bookings and cancellations al the time and availability changes all the time
many thanks
Dick Dunlop
Asia, Asia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

The Kiwi Lodge is ok, but rooms need a major clean and refit. 1st night was in standard room, then 2nd night was in delux room. Not sure how they came to this as the standard room was much better.

Ok if you need to be in Cebu for a couple of nights, but wouldn't stay there much longer.

Bar is nice, very unpretentious and the local expats were really helpful and friendly, which is a nice surprise. Worth it for their advice alone!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

I was here a full week and the super deluxe room or something - the "best" room.. room was clean, serviced daily, no problems...yea I would like a safe in the room...I had a travel lock pack from pacsafe I used to lock my laptop and money and stuff...I avoid hotel safety deposit boxes at EVERY hotel...if you do use them put your cash and stuff in a SEALED envelope.

They were doing renovations it looks like on my top third floor where I stayed...half the rooms were gutted but no constructions...less people to make noise on my floor!

It is off the main road a little so not noisy either...staff will run out to main road and get a taxi for you day or night.

Restaurant was good...did my breakfast there with my laptop on wifi...I did get the wifi to work also in my room but low signal.

I would stay there again

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

I stay here only one night, and never ever again ! This place is disgusting and the staff is "getting" your money. Yes really ! Never leave your money in the Safe deposit box in their office, it's not safe at all. Always keep an eye on your wallet and your money. Always check your bill in the restaurant and count your drinks. If you had 4 drinks, they might claim you had 6. After what happen to me, I have heard about other people who had the same experience. Just stay far away from this place !

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Ontario, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Kiwi Lodge was exactly what I expected after reading previous reviews. I stayed in one of their new rooms and it was very good. The price was fair and the room was emaculate and comfortable. The service in the restaurant was good and I found the pricing to be a bit high but not something that was over the top. All other staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is close to both malls but the area that it's in is a bit out of the way.
I will be returning on my next visit to Cebu.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Kiwilodge Hotel? Share your experiences!