“Private Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Islands, Outdoors
oregon
“Private Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

We went on a day trip to sumilan island in March 07. This island is incredible and very affordable. We went on the day trip so it was $24 per person which includes the pumpboat ride to the island and the return trip back, full use of their snorkeling gear and kayaks and a gourmet four course lunch. I did inquire about the villas and the price to stay was $150. per person all-inclusive. Expensive for Philippine standards but for those who live in the states you know you can't stay at a Quality Inn for that let alone all-inclusive. It is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in my life. If you want a really private place to relax and find yourself, this is it! If you want to party, you will not find one here, pure peace and quiet.........perfection.

Cebu City
3 attraction reviews
“Great Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

Although I did not get to explore above the water I did get to explore below. I did two dives, one in the MPA (Marine Protected Area) and one on the non-protected side. As Sumilon was the first MPA set up in the Philippines, you can expect to see quite an impressive array of corals and fishes. Unfortunately the non-protected side of the island is subject to heavy fishing in the form of fish traps. These traps sit on the coral for months and end up smothering and killing everything underneath it. Definitely worth the short boat ride from Oslob!

San Antonio TX
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

I went snorkling and swimming at Sumilon in June. The current was a little strong, but the water was crystal clear. We saw a variety of coral and more types tropical fish than you can imagine. I can't wait to go back.