“Uncomfortable” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites

You added Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites to your Saves list
Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   F. Cabahug St. Cor. Pres. Quirino | Ayala Access Road, Mabolo, Kasambagan, 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #131 of 190 Hotels in Cebu Island
“Uncomfortable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was my husband who checked-in for us. It was smooth after checking in we went to the room then went out right after he double checked if it was the same room he booked. The FO then gave us another key as we went it can't open the door then the RA said that room is still dirty. They haven't cleaned it yet. SO we went down again only to find out there was a misunderstanding, etc.
We came back late at night thats when a got to really check the place. The color of the carpet in the hallway is light. Stains are so visible, looks awful. As we went in room doesn't looked fresh, TV was so small for the size of the room. I can't connect to the internet. There was no bed pad, which was so uncomfortable. No anti slip in the shower and in the bath tub, dangerous especially for our kid. Plus I can't find sleepers and a blower. And oh most of all there was no cotton buds!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

- Room is horrible and dirty. Refer to photos attached.
- wifi is not working in the room, unstable with poor reception. I called a few times and was ignored. I have to go to the reception personally to apply pressure to staff. After that it is still barely working, just gave up.
- they charged me PH 2,500 per night for a standard room when I checked in and do not allow me to change to agoda booking which is half the price for the same room. I have yet to paid the cashier for the room and deposit. They are totally unaccommodating.
- front staff gave wrong information when I checked in, saying there is gym and pool. But I found out next morning that gym is under renovation.
- So my warning is not to stay in this hotel. I stayed at fuente Oro business suite at half the price with clean room and toilet and I believe there are many better hotels. Sarrosa should not be operating under such poor conditions.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

My brother, cousin & nephews enjoyed our stay in Sarosa, I'd rate higher than 3star if they have bigger pool. We took family room for 9 people & its just awesome to get together with family members you havent seen for half a decade.

clean & decent hotel to stay, 4 star hospitality:)

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014 via mobile

Accommodating staff, good food but the carpets and drapes need to be thoroughly vacuumed *sneeeeze! I like the high ceiling..I'm not very impressed with the toiletries. Well..let's see. I still have 2 days left here. Gym is still under construction.

• Stayed October 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

I was here for 3 days with my partner and would say overall my experience was one of being let down. I knew I was booked in the old wing but didn't know this meant old out dated room. There was no one thing that made it a bad experience it just lacked any class. The hotel didn't seem really busy so I was surprised they put me in such a low quality room that was c shaped. It did not look like the photos I seen on trip advisor.

The hotel itself has a feel of one that has feel into disrepair. From the old style tv to the lime scale on the old silver shower to the lack of care of the pool. I am sure when it opened the pool area was nice but now it needs painting, renovating and updating. When I first went to the pool area I thought I was on the wrong floor, it seemed like an abandoned floor.

The main reason I booked is I thought the sky garden looked nice and when I drove past the reception looks expensive with the big glass windows. I never got to visit the sky garden as it was shut after 5pm.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Namibia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Accommodation: Deluxe twin room, in the "old" wing of the hotel. Be aware that the hotel also has a new wing, which is reputed to offer higher standard accommodation. Unfortunately, from the booking.com website it is not evident which you will get when making a booking. My room was reasonably comfortable, but certainly not spacious as stated on the website. Whereas the latter also states the bathroom to be large with a separate shower, this was not the case. The room and bathroom were badly in need of renovation, making it difficult to judge on cleanliness. Fitted with a twin and a single bed, I used the latter, which felt like sloping a bit to one side, but was too tired to care, and slept well nonetheless. Arriving late at night, yet hungry, this is where the hotel sparkled. The friendly and helpful staff still provided me as the sole restaurant guest with a good meal.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Davao del Sur Province, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Spent 1 week in this hotel courtesy of my friend who is very generous.(Mike, Thanks a lot)

Here are my observations:
CHECK IN:
We arrived 10 am and we know the regular check in is 2 pm. The lady in the front desk told us the early in fee of 500.00. We asked for a discount but we were surprised to know that the Hotel Manager gave it for free. He was the one also offered us to put our bags ( we were 7family members and a lot of bags)inside his office while we were waiting for the check in process. My parents who were already aged 60 plus were also taken cared off. The ladies in the front desk keep their smile fresh while explaining our inquiries.

THE ROOM:
WOW, 7 indivual beds with good quality foam. A/C is acceptable even it is window type only. Clean room ever. My mother who is very strict about cleanliness is satisfied with the room.

THE BREAKFAST FOOD:
My parents dont want to go further every morning to explore cebu foods. So we decided to avail their buffet breakfast at 295.00. For the kids only half rate. They changed their breakfast buffet everyday so there will be no problem.

POOL AND SMALL GYM:
I did not try to use the gym. Instead i accompanied my kids on the pool. There is no licensed pool attendant but i think one of the pool cleaners will stay while somebody is using the pool most specially if the one using are minors.

THE CROWD:
A lot of students when we were in sarrosa. I talked to one of them, he is from UST MLA. Elevators are crowded. We approached the hotel staff if there is option how my parents can go to the room coz they are already waiting for a mins. he apologized and ask the manager to use employee's elevator just for us.

ROOM SERVICE ATTENDANT:
quick delivery always but watch out if you exceeded your room charge limit coz you will pay in cash.

ROOM CLEANER:
Everyday cleaning plus demo how to do dog towel. Hehehehe. (I am using it now in our newly rented house in panagdait)

Even we are now in panagdait we still visit this hotel for a breakfast or lunch with the family from davao and australia. We also tried the coffee shop with mango cake at the ground level.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites? Share your experiences!