You added Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites to your Saves list
Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   F. Cabahug St. Cor. Pres. Quirino | Ayala Access Road, Mabolo, Kasambagan, 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #123 of 193 Hotels in Cebu Island
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Wow hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family stayed in the grand family suite which can accommodate 10 people. It was very pretty with the draperies and all. In the grand family suite there were ten beds, two shower rooms, and two separate toilet. ONly thing is the toilet did not have any sprinkler and no water supply so you have to workaround this one. The soap and shampoo was the very cheap type. There were no towels when we checked in so still had to call for that. The bed outermost bedsheet was the velvet pink type which actually seemed dusty. My sister and my husband got itchy feeling with the sheets and the carpet. The room actually look like it has not been cleaned. I got the dusty feeling with it but personally my skin is tougher than some. The wifi has one code per device so we had to ask nine passwords for each one of us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Piapi, Dumaguete, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

For our field trip as college students, we stayed at this hotel for two nights and three days. For this review, I would like to divide my segment into two.

ROOMS
When we arrived at our room (the four of us) we were dismayed to see that the staff hadn't cleaned them up yet. Dirty towels lay on the floors and the beds were in a state of chaos. We had to take a bath nevertheless because we had to change for the day's itinerary. The bathroom's floors were wet with water and the foot towel was soggy (kinda makes you think of the person who used it before you, EEW.). Torn shampoo and soap sachets were all over the sides of the tub and I had to throw them myself (thinking of the grimy hands that used them before me). The carpet that covered the entire room was dirty and brown- it showed years of dirty, wet feet walking all over them. To think that our boat was scheduled to arrive at 7AM and we arrived at the hotel at 8AM and they STILL hand't cleaned it!

SERVICE
I cannot stress how POOR the service was in this hotel. Nobody, NOT ONE of the staff members offered to carry our bags when we arrived. When I asked the female staff member who was in charge of assigning us to our rooms, she barked at me and told me to be patient. I know as an individual I have to watch my words, but I specifically remember asking her in a nice way since I was feeling extra jovial that day. I was shocked to receive such an icy treatment and answer from the staff who are supposed to be nice to the customers NO MATTER WHAT. So what if we were just students? We are still paying customers and should be treated with the same respect that they show the others. After our long day, we went back to our hotel and were excited to finally rest when the front desk told me that no key card was left with them. This irked me because I remember with great detail that I left the key card at the front desk after asking the lady behind it if it was necessary to do so when leaving the hotel premises. After defending my side, the lady at the front desk told me that she would have a staff member open the door. When we arrived there, the door was opened after much waiting. But the effort was futile because no key card could be used to generate energy (this is done by inserting it at a slot near the door). After I called the operator and complained about our situation (as per suggestion by the staff member before leaving us to our dark, energy-less room) I marched downstairs to get an update from the front desk. Surprisingly, the lady behind it gave me a key without further explaining as to how she got it (whether or not they found the key card eventually or whether it was a replacement) and DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THAT THEY CAUSED US. I was also rather annoyed at the fact that both the lady at the front desk and the lady at the operator's line STRESSED that no key card was endorsed at the front desk WHEN I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER MY HANDS GIVING THE SAID KEY CARD TO THE LADY AT THE SAID DESK.

When we got back to our rooms though, they were very clean except for the hopeless carpet who remained brown and showed telltale tints of brown hues.

Oh and their pool was sad too. Very small and very shallow. I don't like how it was presented to the guests. They could have AT LEAST decorated it lavishly to hide the sad size.

Overall this hotel is to pricey for the disheartening service it offers its guests. The staff- being the life blood of the hotel- are indeed MEAN (as what was said in one of the comments here as well) and cranky and VERY NEGLIGENT.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Northwood, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

was a very nice n comfy hotel...price wise..affordable...indoor pool was great n not many is arn to swim...thrfore thrs more area to cover...was lucky...coz de floor dat was booked...was quiet...cud almst hear notink...did extend fer a week here...malls are juz nearby...lotsa choices to choose fm if u wanna gt a meal...wud cum back here again...!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calamba, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I love the hotel for its ambiance - very elegant! I love their food - its good! I love the room - I got a good sleep! Plus its location is in the heart of the city! I love their wifi connection - within reach even in our room... What else? I love the bathroom... And the staff - they are good! Over-all they are very very good...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Nothing much to expect here esp. we opted for the cheaper rooms at the old wing. Room was ok, beddings are just what to expect in a 3-star hotel, carpet's weary. Comfort room's clean though the mirror's already rusty. The towels though are somewhat dirty white.
Front desk and restaurant staff are friendly and accommodating. Continental breakfast costs P175 just in case breakfast is a dealbreaker for you. Other menus are ok, not so pricey but of course you can try eating outside. Location is good, you can ride jeepney to Ayala mall or SM (just ask the front desk personnel how). Also nearby is Thai Ming Tanh massage, good spot to pamper yourself from roaming around the city and 2PM Café serving good coffee and dessert.

• Stayed July 2013
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is an excellent place to spend a night or three in.

- Perfect location
- Attentive staff
- Clean, comfortable rooms
- Fantastic management

The property is in the middle of upgrading their WiFi access, so it is only going to get better!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We arrived at this hotel at 1230 in the afternoon with my husband. Its not true that the hotel is 15 minutes away from mactan airport. In fact, it would take 30-45 minutes away including traffic since this is located at Cebu City. Taxi fare would cost you around 230php. Back to our arrival, check in is 2pm but we're glad that eventhough it's not yet 2pm, they accomodate us and some of the staffs here are polite and friendly. They always greeted you except for some front desk as if they are all pretty! I got a deluxe room only without breakfast at agoda online booking which cost 1136 per night total of 2700 for 3days and 2nights. Its a good choice for a budget traveler like me and my husband. The hotel has pool inside unfortunately, its under repair as what i've also read to one of the reviews here. As soon as i received our room key, we got rm409. Room is good, clean eventhough its not that big but enough for 2 persons. It has 2 beds, with good bedsheet, 4 pillows, and a carpeted floor. Cr is Also good, it has bath tub, shower with hot and cold water but no water bidet beside the bowl. They have also toilettries but im not happy with the soap and toothpaste. Soap is rough when you used, that makes your skin dry, and their toothpaste is soooo small with a chinese name code that you dont know what kind of toothpaste is that. Room has mini bar, wherein all of the items are all expensive. Imagine, their 3in1 nescafe coffee costs 30 each. Of course i did not buy any of the items. Good thing that the hotel has mini grocery at the ground beside the hotel entrance and cost are fair enough. When it comes to transportation, taxis are always available however it cost you so much everytime we go out going to the mall or somewhere in cebu city. Our fare is not lower that 200php. Except when we went to ayala center mall which is 30mins away from this hotel. Our taxi fare cost 65php. Make sure that you always have barya. I found that riding a taxi is so expensive but we cant do anything because we didn't know how to commute. Over all, this hotel is good and fair enough because the hotel is not cheap, i can say that this one of the class hotel. I just wanna share this also their room service, on our day2 eventhough i didn't request for a room clean service, they automatically clean the room and change our towels and change the plastic bin bag. Aircon has no remote and you cant manually change the temperature. Water heater is available. I can say that this is recommended for all travelers who are looking for an affordable and not cheap hotel.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites? Share your experiences!