“Tried it, and, uhhh...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Taiwanese
philippines
“Tried it, and, uhhh...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My rating says it all. I do not know how other reviews or people recommending I try eating here found them any good. The adobo egg was a very overcooked egg, all the edges of the yolk was already gray color, and the white part was rubbery from being overcooked. If their cook do not know how to boil a hard boiled egg, they should ask someone to buy for them those egg timers that I found sold in the department stores in Singapore. The beef genji noodles soup base was diluted, the beef was on the tough side. And the Makimi, it is the most disgusting makimi I have eaten in my life. I am a makimi lover, I grew up eating this in Manila Chinatown. I have eaten makimi in other cebu restaurants, and in other restaurants in the visayas and mindanao. This is NOT makimi. Not even close. The soup was diluted, and did not even taste like how makimi soup should be. The meat was not tender and soft, but firm and tasted like it had so much extenders. The noodles are the thick egg noodles that looked like lomi noodles, that's not the noodles for makimi.

The kuchai steamed dumplings was ok, nothing special. Both the pearl milk tea and the almond milk tea was diluted and bland, even with regular or full dose of sugar. Even my companion who is more a milk tea drinker than me made the same comment. There are other milk teas in cebu that are better, and they are sooooo nowhere near the milk tea of Serenitea of Manila. If you find the food here good, you have not tried other restaurants serving similar types of food.

Aircon was terrible also.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“Somewhere in the middle...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I went there to have some noodles. I can say that the serving was good. My friend and I were just a bit disappointed with their egg adobo because it was too salty. Overall, I can say it is somewhere in the middle. I'm 55 percent satisified.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cebu City, Philippines
“Authentic Taiwanese Cuisine at its best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I came in hungry and left with a happy tummy. The best thing about this place is that you get more value for your money. Besides you don’t have to look far if you are a milk tea addict because it is in the house. I love their food and refreshments, love their service and definitely love the place.

• Visited January 2013