“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 106 Activities in Cebu Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale sharks can be seen in a small barangay Tan-awan, which is 10 km away from the center town of Oslob. Whale shark watching in Cebu started last September 2011 and it became popular all over the world when the news hit in the internet last November 2011. By December 2011, local fishermen's interact with the whale sharks by feeding them that result to flocking of tourist to the beach of Tan-awan. Large numbers of tourists began arriving in Oslob not just to see the whale sharks being fed but also to snorkel or dive with them.
Manchester, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

one of the best things iv ever done, you get so close and they are not afraid of you one bit, we got great pictures

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
“Precious experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

See the whalesharks really up close_ no need to even go down from the boat. Went from our hotel in cebu city around six and in oslob past 9 am. Side trip to water faĺls and resto with great view. Back by 7pm at hotel.

Visited April 2014
“Amazing experience with the gentle giants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was with my family with 2 kids last month I prefer to have a travel organiser with the most accomodating from costabella, miss pearl.We stay 1night on sunday at mb sunrise resort ,the resort price is very reasonable and on the following day early morning they pick up us to the briefing area.And after a few minutes I found myself almost dying for the excitement with the wild and gentle giants.they were really big and I have not only pictures but many beautiful pictures with them swimming underwater.at first I did not realise that the current are quite strong early in the morning thats why when i swim in the front of them they almost catched me,the most important when you want a good pose with them is you are agood swimmer then you will have wonderful experience with them underwater.although my kids and wife stayed on the boat but I still saw them enjoying and even heard my youngest shouting for excitement.It was really a great experience and in fact it was included on my bucket list..a perfect and unforgetable moment with the nature.I was planning next year to be back with my foreign friend hope that the local government of oslob will still preserved the wildness of the nature in the place.

Adelaide, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Fabulous activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This a really fabulous activity. Well managed and amazingly not very touristy, considering. This is still a very under utilised place (thank goodness!), with a couple of resorts at the beach. I stayed literally in a bamboo hut for a couple of dollars a night on the beach and sung Karaoke with the local family. Things will probably change pretty quickly here. Be in the water early as resorts from other towns will arrive en-masse. The water is safe from rips and is clear and usually pretty calm , especially early in the morning. Seems to be pretty well managed with conservation and minimal pressure put on the animals. Yes they are fed but after speaking with international conservationists there who are helping monitor the sharks it seems there is no seeable adverse effects...for now.

Visited November 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience, but a bit over crowded !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is an experience you will never forget.. The day we set out wasnt the best weather wise.. Cloudy, windy etc.. but had no choice but to set out as i was leaving Alona the next morning.. The prices do vary, so dont just book up with the 1st tout you encounter, we paid 800 peso each ! 2 ppl.. way less than whats posted below ;) since there was only 9 of us, we had 1 of the smaller vessels.. took nearly 3 hours ( ouch sore butt ) but was well worth it.. I did get a feeling that it was far to intrusive with all the divers/swimmers.. For non filipinos the price to get in the water and swim with the sharks is 1000 pesos ( my fiance filipina paid 300 but just to stay in the boat and watch, think its 500 for filipinos to get in the water ).. you can get free snorkel and mask there.. life jackets are provided for the non swimmers... all in all was an amazing experience. but next time i will go somewhere less crowded for sure.. also the time your allowed in the water swimming with the sharks is 30 minutes only !!