“"two thumbs down"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cebu R Hotel

You added Cebu R Hotel to your Saves list
Cebu R Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Don Mariano Cui St. | Capitol Site, 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #26 of 190 Hotels in Cebu Island
Las Pinas, Philippines
“"two thumbs down"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

i recently visited cebu and bohol to celebrate my birthday last april 20-23 2012
and i chose cebu r hotel because of the great reviews i read but our stay at cebu r hotel
last april 20 was very disappointing. I was supposed to book a superior room but they informed me that only a suite room was available for the said date and i gladly agreed for an upgrade thinking this was for the better. But we had to endure a whole night without a working airconditioner unit! I complained about this at the front desk but the maintenance staff was not available 24/7 and so i had to wait until 10pm for the airconditioner to be fixed, sadly it could not be fixed after hours of waiting. we had to stay up until 2am because the room temperature was unbearable, i was not able to get enough sleep because we had to leave at 5am the next morning! the manager was also not available during the night and so the front desk could not decide what to do with us! could you imagine paying for an airconditioned suite room and get a fan room and only 3 hours of sleep!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
CLINTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

This was not such a big hotel by any means. But something that this hotel had above some of the bigger ones I've stayed in dbefore, is Customer service and LOCATION.I must send a very much deserve thank you and Job SUPERIORILY done. From the Ladies at the front desk, the security guard, the House keepers, and last but not in the least, all the housekeeping staff. You all did a wonderful job of sensing and exceeding my expectations in all the service they provided.

I will say this to anyone that is traveling to the Cebu City area, that wants a great hotel at a great price , hurry and get your reservations, cause this place is a gem amonst a coal mine. When I had stayed at other hotels in Cebu, they were dirty and trying to get maid service was almost next to impossible if you don't catch them at a certain time of the day. Anytime that I needed something I could just call down to the front desk and it would be brought up to my room within 10-15 minutes if it was in the hotel

Room Tip: Ther is really nothing that I can say that would get you a "good" room. Why? Because all t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have had to deal with hotels in many different countrys. I am from Europe, and I am used to a high level of service that is very hard to find in the Philippines.

Cebu R is the very big exception. I have never, EVER, met so good customer service at any hotel in any part of the world! The best before this was a 5 star hotel in Europe, with prices sky high in comparesance to Cebu R. But they pale to these people. I have never ever experienced people who are so interested and keen on helping the people staying there! This is not a luxuary hotel, but everything is clean and well kept. For Philippines it is a hidden gem. Their caffe is not very big, but they make very tasty food that has a very good price. The hotel is located close enough so it is near to everything, far enough away from the buissy streets to give a good nights sleep and lastly in a safer part of the city for "whiteys" like me! :)

Good things:
They answer to inquries FAST. While I wait for weeks for some hotels to answer, Cebu R´s record to me is 15 minutes! They handle payment through paypal very fast. That meens that you are not stuck with doing payment only for the room, but as I did managed to pull off a suprice dinner for friends at Cebu R, while I was on the other side of the world (and by that also could pay for it from here). They were VERY supriced when they got called down to a set table, for what everything was paied and ready! :)
This place was so good I made sevral reservations during my trip. However, I made booking of the wrong date of one of them. As it is Philippines and a low cost hotel I expected that I might not get anything back. However, they supriced again. I got all back, hassle free, faster then any refund I have gotten (all catagories, all countries).

What can they do better? By the places next door and expand the Cebu R hotel! It is so popular that it gets fuly booked fast, and this place has a HUGE potential! A thought could be to make a small pool (outside or inside) and raise the room prices a little to cover it. Then there would be no place in the Philippines that could be even NEAR to offer something similar!

For the days I have to stay in Cebu and this place is fully booked, I cannot get as good accomendation for 2-3 times the price. 10 times the price yes, but still not the customer service for Cebu R.

I will be back - count on it!!!

Room Tip: The SUITE in Cebu R is at 1700 p per night, including brekfeast. I usually dont get a decent room fo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We needed a central location but not in the middle of the city. This place answered both. Close to the Capitol and easy access to conveniences. The rooms were clean, AC and hot water meet western standards. Free breakfast was a plus. Decent options, service was good.

• Stayed March 2012
Maroochydore, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Not a bad hotel for the price it seemed quite area when we stayed there,the staff are helpful the rooms are clean, breakfast is small but fresh.
A short taxi ride to SM & Ayala and Mango Hill night life

Cebu Island, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We took the suite room when we checked in at Cebu R Hotel for 8 days last month. Place is surprisingly quite, considering that it’s too close to the one of the busy streets of the city. The hotel is clean. The staffs were accommodating and polite. The suite room was okay. Food is good for the price (with the exception of the complimentary breakfast). A good place to stay except of some downfalls:

toilet has no bidet hand spray (a little discomfort for us)
our first set of bath towels was changed on the 3rd day of our stay
complimentary breakfast is of limited choices (imagine if you will stay for more than a week and you’ll be eating same food every morning...sunny side up egg, scrambled egg... any how you want for an egg - not ideal for cholesterol conscious guests)
mattress cover and pillow cases were not changed until we checked-out (good thing we don’t secrete/salivate)
if you plan to stay longer, you better bring your own shampoo, bath soap, etc. as sometimes the house keepers are not consistent in refilling those complimentary toiletries

Beside from that, maybe we would still want to stay on this hotel next time but will take the standard room so we will not expect more for the rate.

Weaverville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I went on vacation to Cebu jut last week, it was a blast! The folks at Cebu R Hotel really went out of their way to make the stay comfortable. The cs was great, they open doors for ya, and even chase down a taxi if you need. The lobby is tasteful, and clean, as are the rooms. there is free wifi, both in the room, and in the lobby. They also have a computer with internet access free of charge for paying guests, so I never went without missing an email. As for the complimentary breakfasts, they are awesome. Cooked to perfection, and a great way to get your taste buds in the door of some Philippine flavors. Try the pork tocino, as you can choose from a decent sized menu. Comparing their service from what ya get in the states, they knock out the competition. Have fun and stay safe!!

Room Tip: Couples will enjoy the suite, not so large, but comfy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cebu R Hotel? Share your experiences!