“We heart Two Seasons!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manila
“We heart Two Seasons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

I had combed through more than a dozen different hotel websites but when I stumbled on tripadvisor and read the reviews on Two Seasons, I was set to stay in this hotel.

First off is the location, it's a beach front boutique hotel in station 1, which means less people walking by but near enough d'mall. We had friends staying in station 2 and they would often trek to our side of the beach so they could chill in the hotel's cabanas and swim in the afternoon. And anytime we needed to hit d'mall, we just had to call front desk and they'll ready the service for us, which is already part of the room service.

Next is the service in the hotel - it's a really quaint and cozy hotel which meant personalized service. The moment we met our driver in the airport, we knew we picked the right hotel. Everyone was all smiles and friendly all throughout our stay. Whenever we needed anything (like medicine for a hang over) we got it right away. And while lounging in the cabanas or while out baking in the sun, there were a lot of waiters just standing by, ready to hand a plush towel or ready to remind us that happy hour has started (which is from 1pm to 8pm) which meant cocktails are now buy 1 take 1, while local beers are half price :)

And the room, we loved our room! It was really clean and just like how their website described it, "with woven abaca fabric details" which felt home-y and hotel-y at the same time. We had everything we needed - an ipod dock, flat screen tv, dvd player and internet. The balcony was cool, I would have loved it even more if I saw the beach without having to lean farther and though I couldn't really see the koi fish pond from our room, I was ready for that. I checked the doors right away to see if they work (coming from the reviews I read here) and they were ok. I also loved the bathroom as it was clean, very chic with everything you need plus a lovely rain shower to boot :)

I haven't even described the food yet. When we got there and had lunch at Bar Lo while waiting for our room, they gave us free cocnut-ginger-mango creme brulee :) You have to try their nachos and pizza as they make their own thin crust. I'm pretty sure the rest of the menu is good. We were just able to sample their lemon seafood pasta, baked crabs, wine and a couple of cocktails which were all yum! We wanted 'resort food' - clean, refreshing and flavorful - and we got it at Bar Lo. You can't go wrong if Gino from Cafe Ysabel was the one who created the menu :)

I didn't encounter any issue at all with the transfers, everyone was there on time and even waiting for us. I think they really worked their kinks out already. If I go back to Boracay, I don't intend to look for any other hotel. It has to be Two Seasons or bust for me. They provided exactly what my idea of a chillaxing time should be. Can't wait to go back!

• Liked — excellent customer service, loved the food and found the hotel really chic
  • Disliked — maybe offer a dinner buffet as part of the package?
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

We decided to stay at two seasons mainly for two reasons, they have a big room that could hold 8 people and they are in station 1.

Our stay there was great. The room was very big, all of us 7 can fit inside the bathroom alone. The beds were comfortable and it has such a cozy feeling to it. After a day of swimming and activities its so relaxing to stay in your room. The food was great and the price is okay for the taste. They have wonderful cabanas wherein you can relax and eat and watch the people pass by. The staff is so friendly that they will greet you everytime you pass by. One more great thing is that the they provide you a shuttle if you want to go to station 2 and does not want to ride the tricycle. They are happy to provide the transportation for you.

All in all a very memorable experience and a great place to stay at.

• Liked — Rooms, great location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

We originally had booked a different hotel (Microtel) but were not satisfied at all with it (too loud, too far away, too many kids) and therefore decided to change the hotel.
We wanted to be on station 1 at White Beach and looked at five different hotels. Two Seasons had by far the best price/quality ratio and also the most friendly staff - therefore we decided to stay here.
We were completely satisfied with our stay - great rooms, best location, nice staff, very comfortable couches on the beach, good food with lot of variety.
Coming to Boracay we would definetly recommend staying at sation 1 as it is much less crowded and the beach is more beautiful.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

We stayed at Two Seasons Boracay last March 17-19, 2008 together with my family. I booked direclty with the resort and even asked them to assist us in getting a low airfare. Thanks to the Manila sales people they gave us very afforadable airfare (although at first there was a mistake in the airfare computation because they extended us a 20% senior citizen discount) Since we already paid in full (accommodation and airfare) we were advised to settle the balance upon arrival. First thing first, they apologized. Its no big deal. Its but natural to make mistakes. Anyway, we LOVE our stay! Its a home away from home. Stay at Two Seasons when you go to Boracay. We really had the best travel experience at best value of money!

• Liked — cozy & homey
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

I had my vacation in Boracay and stayed at the Two Seasons Resort. My experience there was awful. The person who is supposed to pick us up was late (we waited for 20 mins). The free breakfast doesn't taste good and there are no other food selection to choose from. The free breakfast will be the same the whole time you stay there (I was there March 10 to 13 2008).

Before I went there, I already paid full in their Manila office to cover the room reservation and travel expenses (around Feb 2008). However, when I checked out on my last day, they instilled additional cost for my plane ticket and insisted that I have to pay for it. Earlier (after my last breakfast), I checked with the reception if there are some bills to pay and the receptionist said there were none. So I was shocked to find out on the last minute that I have extra charges to pay (additional cost for the plane ticket).

So, if I were you... NEVER PATRONIZE Two Seasons Resort... they will just ruin your vacation...

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Their sales team are liars... my experience with two seasons resort was the worst vacation I had...
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Two Seasons at the end of February/beginning of March 2008. The hotel itself was lovely -- it had a kind of tropical feel, but with modern style. They have a great mojito at the bar where they put mint and sugar in a blender with ice and then add rum to that Slurpee-like concoction. Breakfasts were also hearty and tasty with garlic rice and a variety of meats. Our room was quiet and the bed was pretty comfortable. The hotel was in a great location, with some of the pricier resorts about 5 minutes walk on one side (Discovery Shores, Fridays) and some less pricey ones on the other side (White House, Nigi Nigi Too). One of our friends booked at White House came over and stayed at Two Seasons instead because White House didn't have phones in every room. Two Seasons also had some other things White House didn't have, including shampoo and a hair dryer. Food was a little expensive at the hotel bar, but it's easy to walk down the beach and find something more affordable.

Now the not so great stuff:
We paid for our trip -- and a roundtrip boat/van transfer from the Caticlan Airport to Boracay -- beforehand by faxing our credit card information to this hotel's Manila office. This didn't seem to me to be the ideal way to pay for the hotel and there did end up being some confusion between the Manila and Boracay offices. They forgot to pick us up when we arrived at the Caticlan Airport! This was annoying because this left us at the mercy of all the random people who tow your bags down the block and won't give them back to you until you tip them. Then there were all these people insisting that we hadn't paid for our boat trip and we should pay again. In the end, we had to pay some guy to call the Two Seasons so we could tell them that we had already paid for our transfers and to come pick us up. The desk people in Boracay said they would send someone to get us while they conferred with the people in Manila. We were probably outside of the Caticlan Airport for a total of 40 minutes before they came to get us. Once we got to the hotel in Boracay, the woman at the desk said that our transfer information was in their safe and they were sorry that they forgot it. There was also one day that we called down for a wake-up call and they forgot. When I asked the woman at the desk about it, she looked at the log book and realized that the person taking messages had written down the wrong room number.

All this said, Two Seasons was a very nice place to stay, but don't assume they're going to remember everything and be super-organized! Hopefully you're just going there for vacation and you're not stressed about time!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

Boracay Island has changed quit a bit from my first trip there in 1993. It has grown up with many more people and hotels. No mega resorts yet. Yet is has keep much of its charm. It still has the best sand beaches in the world. White sand like milk powder. The beaches are the reason one travels around the world to the South China sea. At one time it would have been as close to paradise as one could imagine. Now... well you have the luxury options.

Two Seasons has what I think is an ideal location on the main beach. Walking distance to the hill at the end of the beach as well as most of the other best hotels. You want to be close to the other better hotels for good meals. We were their for New Year's Eve. It was not exactly Party Central, the main bars/discos are about 500 yards away, but it was an ideal location to view fireworks and still get away from the noisy crowds.

This is a brand new hotel, only opening a few months ago. I was greated be a very friendly staff if a bit unexperiened. The did their best to get me quickly settled. My original room on the first floor was great. Simple asian inspired design. Aswome shower and bathroom. Aircon worked perfectly. Safe in room. Room was across from a nice khoi pond. Small pool, but I did not spend any time their.

I was inconvenience by a malfunction of the looks on the doors and the maintenance staffs inablitity to fix the problem. I became a little upset, and resort manager Pong Adriano was called. The dictionary should have a picture of her next to Customer Service. After evaluating the problem she apologized the said, " I will make this up to you. I will make up for your inconvenience" . She ended up replacing two doors in my room, then upgrading me to the Presedential Suite for one night, and giving me a large discount off the room rate. Wow! World class customer service. Contrast this with the typical manager who has a hard time admitting fauults, then repeating "We are sorry for you inconvenience, we appreciate you remaininging calm," and never a thought to making things better for the guest. In my many years of travel, Pong Adriano was the BEST costomer service representative I have ever met.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Two Seasons Boracay Resort? Share your experiences!