“Best Spanish Food In The Island” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Malay, Aklan, Philippines
“Best Spanish Food In The Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Looking for real Spanish food in the island? Go to Dos Mestizos! You will surely enjoy! Very reasonable price! You will enjoy dining.

Visited December 2012
Dos M, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for your patronage of Dos Mestizos. We continue to strive to bring the freshest ingredients to our guests to ensure a quality dining experience. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Boracay.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Boracay, Philippines
“Since some years my second Kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Since some years I call this Restaurant my second kitchen , away from my home . I have spend countless evenings ( and as well some nights )in this Restaurant. The Staff is extra friendly and yes you could say, its kind of family . The Barkeeper remember your favorite Drink and mix it perfectly. The amazing Wine selection ( yes I think after some years I have been through all wines ) The Menu is very Spanish , great Tapas and main course you can pre order other specialities in advance and they are pleased to take every possible wish from you. Occasionally there are events and parties which you should not miss out , live Music and every Saturday there is a Buffet for a great Value . All in all, a very round Product, a great start into the Evening or night with friends out. If you are on Boracay, don t miss out this unique experience

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dos M, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your continued patronage of Dos Mestizos. We are proud that you would consider us your second kitchen away from home. We will continue to make every effort to serve you with the same hospitality on every visit. Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.
Sydney, Australia
“Pretty decent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Me and my partner came here once after reading all about it. I enjoyed the food there and the price is reasonable for us. We ordered the squid filled thing and soup as entree and a fresh seafood paella for 2. I liked the dishes but as a caveat I"m not an expert in Spanish food nor I am a picky eater.

The dark atmosphere is also nice - which puts me in a sleepy mode.

Will definitely return the next time I'm back at B'cay.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dos M, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about the quality of our food at Dos Mestizos. We try to use the freshest ingredients possible to ensure the best food for our guests every time. We look forward to having you again with us on your next visit to Boracay.
Adelaide, Australia
“Good quick friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Friendly and very quick service! Meatballs were nice, although the chorizo was a bit different to what we are used to in Australia. The potato frittata was also nice. Overall it was a nice dinner with very reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dos M, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our food and service at Dos Mestizos. We are encouraged by your comments and hope to see you again on your next visit to Boracay.
London
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After all the great reviews we were really excited about coming here for Christmas Eve dinner. In the end we opted for ala carte as we did not fancy the buffet, but it was a mixed bag. The chorizo was very unusual, nothing like I had ever tasted before and not at all to my liking. The meatballs were good though. The wine was good and the service was OK, although my wife had a big pile of dirty dishes directly in her view that was only cleared after more than an hour. Overall we left feeling disappointed that we had not enjoyed such a great dinner on Christmas Eve as we had expected.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dos M, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We are sorry to hear about your dining experience on Christmas Eve at our restaurant. We usually prepare a traditional Noche Buena dinner as is practiced in the Philippines and our buffet menu that night was what you may have experienced in most Filipino homes for Christmas. Thank you for your candid comments about our food and the quality of our service, rest assured that we will make an effort to improve all these to give our customers a better dining experience.