“Cool Place” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Boracay Beach Club to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Boracay Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 1, Boracay Island | Malay, Aklan, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Cool Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The place is nice, great location (right on station 1, where the sand is nice and the water is really clean). They have a nice area where you can sun bathe and order shakes or cocktails. Plus the owners are really awesome. They also have this activity where you can go cliff diving. It's called Ariel's Point. Must try in Boracay!!!

Room Tip: The hotel has a beach front area but the rooms and the pool are at the back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I went back for a 4 days three night stay at BBC with my son and my niece. This is their first trip to Boracay. This is the reason I chose BBC again because of their service and the cleanliness of the hotel. BBC did not disappoint. The personnel are still as friendly as ever. They were actually very happy to see as back so soon. It is like going home and seeing your friends.

The pcik up from Kalibo was still spot on altough our flight was so delayed that we were in Kalibo past 7:00 pm. They talked to Southwest and there was someone at the Boracy jetty to pikc us up.

My son and my niece had a ball. They enjoed the breakfast and the MANGO SHAKE. Awesome!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Transfers went well but could be organized by yourself on better boats. Our room 305 Air-conditioning only worked for 3 nights of our stay and it was very hot. The bed and pillow are lumpy. The draws for clothing are hard to open. The bathroom had been renovated and had a good shower but had space for not much more than a glass for your toothbrush.

We had their package deal and in comparison with prices there we paid too much. Our 2 hour land tour was a complete stuff-up. Cancelled at the last minute this was after we confirmed it the afternoon before. Then hurriedly made available the tour only went for 1hr and a half. The sailing less than a half hour.

This is a two star hotel. The standard of hospitality varies also. Cannot recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed in BBC for 3D/4N. Breakfast was excellent specially if you have it by the BBC bar in front of the beach. Room was nice, clean and comfortable. The hotel was just a few meters walk to the white beach and the staff were friendly and hospitable. BBC has its own swimming pool if you fancy it rather than the beach. I can say we had an amazing time in this hotel and of course in Boracay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

BBC is such a great place to stay.
The staff are absolutely amazing.
So helpful and friendly and made us feel very at home. It is located in a great spot which is really close to everything.
They have really yummy tropical shakes as well.Best hotel on the beach and
I will be coming back next year for sure!!

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was most dissappointed with this hotel after having booked it based on tripadvisor reviews. I would have been a happy customer had I paid around 2000-3000php ($50 - $75US), but rather they charge around $110 US for the room we had. Having travelled the Philipinnes several times, I know a rip off when I see one.

The rooms are basic but clean. Our window opened to look into a wall, and we had limited natural light. Noise from the staff outside our room was a constant annoyance.

The hotel is located on what is probably the worst stretch of white beach. It is the very narrowest part of the beach, and with the constant procession of people walking past it is unpleasant to sit there.

Breakfast was ok.

After two nights at this hotel we moved to the Boracay regency. We were most pleased that we moved. Whilst the regency was about $30US per night more expensive, you simply cannot compare the hotels. The regency rooms are on a totally different level. The regency has direct beach access, as well as a long stretch of the beach for hotel guests only. Never any problems getting a beach chair / umbrella. The regency also has more pools than you can count, well maintained grounds with fishponds and a gym.

At the Boracay beach club we couldnt wait to leave Boracay, at the regency we didnt want to leave.

Again, if you get the boracay beach club for around $50, I would recommend it, but otherwise you are better of getting something for your money.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alice Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just finishing a great stay at the Boracay Beach Club. I will start this review with the first thing you will notice when you stay with BBC, and that is the staff. Our entire stay here the staff were all super friendly and honestly seemed to enjoy working here. There were always smiles and warm greetings, from the front desk to the wait staff to the security guard who helps stop traffic so you can cross the street (my girlfriend nicknamed one "smiley security guard" because, well, he was). On top of that, the staff go out of their way to help you. When we were late for a booked trip, a staff member (Kuya Steve) ran down the beach in front of us to stop the boat so we could make it on time. When I asked the front office where my girlfriend and I could rent some equipment so I could teach her how to snorkel, they took care of the rental for us and we just had to pick it up from the front desk. Booking all the extras for our stay was effortless. The staff here are excellent.
The location of BBC might seem like a detriment, because it is across a small street from the beach and not right on it, but this is actually an asset. White Beach in Boracay is a party beach, loaded with bars that play loud music from breakfast til closing time. People on the beach are often loud and rowdy. This is not a location where you can sit on your balcony and listen to the soft sound of the waves. That being said, the quiet afforded to BBC by being set off the beach is desirable. Our room (108) was to the back of the hotel and we had no problem with either the noise of the beach bars, the pool, or reception. Getting to the beach is as easy as walking across a small street, with a helpful security guard who will stop traffic for you, and walking into the beach bar owned by BBC.
The room at BBC was very comfortable. My pictures didn't turn out so well, but they should give you an idea. I upgraded from the package (more below) to a General Suite and it was an excellent choice. A comfortable sitting room gave my girlfriend and I a place to relax and conduct our business that was not cramped with a bed. The bathroom was clean and aside from water pressure being a bit low, there was nothing to complain about.
The Value for BBC is outstanding! We got one of the escapade packages which included transfer to and from Kalibo (fly in to Caticlan if you can, my personal advice), drinks, one dinner for two, a massage for two, sunset sailboat ride, and daily breakfast. The set price for this was only $700 for 6 nights, and to upgrade the room to a suite was just a small bit more. I definitely feel that I got my money's worth and more.
Breakfast at BBC is off of a set menu with a dozen or so choices. Not a huge buffet, but you get a plate of fresh fruits with the meal and it is very filling.
Don't ignore the extras at BBC either. The day trip to Ariel's Point (reviewed separately) is now my girlfriend's favourite thing to do in Boracay (she has been many times) and is my second favourite only after SCUBA diving. It is also a very affordable and fun event.
This is my first excellent rating at tripadvisor. Usually I do not use that option as most people ignore the terribles and the excellents off the bat to get a good review. However, I could not give BBC less, as my girlfriend and I both completely enjoyed our stay here without reservation.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room towards the back of the building to reduce the chance of getting noise from t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boracay Beach Club? Share your experiences!